Thread: couple questions about carb flu page

couple questions about carb flu

Or at least I think it's carb flu. My stomach has been uneasy all day, almost sour. I'm not sure if its due to carb flu or not. Any thoughts? You can check my journal and see there what i've eaten the last three days. I also have a question as to how many grams of carbs i should allot for the day (i was going by anywhere between 50-100) and how many in fat? Let me know please!
    Taking life one day at a time.

jakey is offline Senior Member
    that does not sound like carb flu. i'm of the opinion, after having been at this for a while, and tried a number of different ways, that you should keep carbs up at around 100 grams. starchy plant organs and fruit are the ticket. that's still low carb (we're talking 400 calories a day from carbs here - and i don't know anyone with a BMR of 400 calories!), but will keep you out of ketosis, and avoid some of the other unwanted side effects that some encounter on very low carb diets. the bulk of your calories will still come from fat, as nobody really runs on protein.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by harleyquinn8813 View Post
    Or at least I think it's carb flu. My stomach has been uneasy all day, almost sour. I'm not sure if its due to carb flu or not. Any thoughts? You can check my journal and see there what i've eaten the last three days. I also have a question as to how many grams of carbs i should allot for the day (i was going by anywhere between 50-100) and how many in fat? Let me know please!
    Doesn't sound lie carb flu to me either....more like you ate something that didn't agree with you. As to grams....well that depends on your goals. When I tally up my caloric load I end up at about 65f/20p/15c, I probably average 80g of carbs/day. Just prefer the fatty cuts of meat and use good fats to cook in and you'll likely naturally end up with the sort of caloric mix high in fat moderate in protein that I have here. Your fatty cuts of meat ARE 60+% fat by calorie.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    K thanks guys! Ive noticed thag by keeping track of these numbers and weighing every morning ( i know im not supposed to, bad me) has actually helped to boost my moral, seeing what im eating and not freaking if ive only had 1080 calories for the day, and still seeing another pound gone in the morning. I know that will slow as i get used to this, and when it does, ill be prepared to throw in some moderate exersize to boost it back up!
    Taking life one day at a time.