Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Primal Restaurants page 5

Embyr42 is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Qdoba is good! Like Chipotle but only the chicken is gluten free on their nutritionals. I always get the naked chicken salad, no beans. I hear Chipotle meats are not always gluten free?
    Love mongolian grill as others suggested, but their cooking method (on the stone with everyone else's food) leaves enough gluten on the stone from other people's noodles to cause me to have a reaction, so be aware that you are eating gluten when you eat there! They only rinse with water in between orders, and I've even seen them stir noodles into my food when flipping the food around.

McCormick and Smick's restaurants (west coast) are fantastic- steak cooked in garlic butter with garlic green beans (also in butter) they use local ingredients. Yum!!
    Last edited by Embyr42; 08-26-2011 at 02:00 PM. Reason: add

kiss is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    Elevation Burger is a chain. There was one here in Baltimore but it closed suddenly last year before I had a chance to try it. I get to S Fla quite a bit, grew up in Broward County and wife is from South Dade. Not a whole lot going on grass fed wise down there right now. Only producers are in central and northern Florida. Seems to be growing a little bit. You used to be able to buy Argentinian grass fed from a few markets but I understand that was cut off a number of years ago.
    There is definitely a dearth of organic or grass fed around here. It gets better north of Lake Okechobee. I think it's because there are so many people and not a lot of land. The Everglades aren't exactly prime cattle grazing lands. Maybe I should look into organic gator

I live in South Broward (Hollywood) not too far from the Miami-Dade county line. I'm originally from rural Missouri where farmer's markets were honor systems on the side of the road.
    kiss = keep it simple, sister!

Scotty is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kiss View Post
    There is definitely a dearth of organic or grass fed around here. It gets better north of Lake Okechobee. I think it's because there are so many people and not a lot of land. The Everglades aren't exactly prime cattle grazing lands. Maybe I should look into organic gator

I live in South Broward (Hollywood) not too far from the Miami-Dade county line. I'm originally from rural Missouri where farmer's markets were honor systems on the side of the road.
    Southwest Florida back in the Florida Cracker days, particularly Ft. Myers, was cattle country. When I was growing up in Plantation, most everything west of University Blvd out to 27 was cow pasture. Gator tail is good, tastes like chicken!

kiss is offline Senior Member
    I have had gator tail several times. It's always been breaded and deep fried though so of course it was delicious! I wish I could have seen Florida before the huge building boom. I've also lived in Naples and Key West, but it's been in the last 10 years.
    kiss = keep it simple, sister!

LogicalOutlier is offline Junior Member
    Turkish food can be pretty meat-centered. Mmm, lamb patties.

Tapas-style can work too (though pricey). Spareribs, ceviche, nuts, olives, bacon, etc. And really high-quality cheese, if you do dairy.

evinston is offline Junior Member
    Interesting post Scotty. My husband grew up in Plantation. He road his bike on a dirt road from home to school. I think his house was the third one built in Plantation at that time. It sure has changed!

GiGiEats is offline Senior Member
    You can really make ANY restaurant PRIMAL as long as you order the right things. I have been LOVING Lebanese food right now - Shawarma rocks my socks off! lol

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    Andalous Mediterranean Grill - Las Colinas - Irving - Dallas

This place is great if you live in the DFW area. Huge, colorful salads of several types. Large pieces of chicken, lamb, and other meats. You can get a very filling meal here for under $15.

picklepete is offline Senior Member
    Hole in the wall ethnic places are the best I've found. My favorites:
    • Polish - sausage, meatballs, cabbage, borscht
    • Korean - grilled beef or fish, kimchi, vegetable soups
    • Ecuadorian - seafood, eggs, avocado/coconut sauces, plantains, cassava
    35//6'3"/180

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345