Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Primal Restaurants page 4

MadelynMc is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Like other said, it's (mostly) easy to find acceptable substitutes at most restaurants. The problem I run into is that allllll restaurants use vegetable or peanut oil for everything. It does not agree with me.

Lawbat is offline Senior Member
    What's cool, though, is there really are a number of restaurants out there that cater a bit to us insane organicky people.

Another amazing NYC place-- for manhattanites interested

Pure Food and Wine - One Lucky Duck

Scotty is offline Senior Member
    When I switched to grass fed beef a number of years ago and because I travel on business a lot, I started compiling a list of restaurants that serve grass fed beef. Family and friends started asking for it so I published it online. The link is below for anyone interested. Its free. If you know of any restaurants that should be included, shoot me an email at eatgrassfed (at) gmail (dot) com.

Although not all of their beef is grass fed, Chipotle has always been a favorite. However, I understand that Chipotle uses soybean oil pretty much exclusively, so I don't go there much anymore.

livinlite is offline Senior Member
    "Matador" mexican restaurants out in Seattle/Portland. Grilled rib-eye with "northwest natural beef" which is probably Country Natural brand...grain finished, but pastured and no hormones. Griled onions on top, double side of grilled veg on the side instead of potatoes. Side of guac.

Indian buffets are great too. Especially if they cook in ghee and have some eggplant dishes or other veg curries. I eat about a whole plate of tandoori chicken and throw some veg on for color. $10/pp usually.

The coolest thing is the Whole Foods here in Seattle...and maybe they do this elsewhere. You can go in to the meat counter and buy a steak...then walk it over to their grill and have it cooked to order. I had grass-fed tri-tip steak (almost 16oz), arugula salad, and steamed brocolli for $13 a couple nights ago. Eating in the middle of the store? Priceless.

One other thing...when you're asking for special requests, throw a little extra in for the server/chef on your tip if it's a busy night.

Anyone ever request to have their meal cooked in butter instead of oil?

Quote Originally Posted by livinlite View Post
    The coolest thing is the Whole Foods here in Seattle...and maybe they do this elsewhere. You can go in to the meat counter and buy a steak...then walk it over to their grill and have it cooked to order. I had grass-fed tri-tip steak (almost 16oz), arugula salad, and steamed brocolli for $13 a couple nights ago. Eating in the middle of the store? Priceless.
    While wearing your VFFs of course!

kiss is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    When I switched to grass fed beef a number of years ago and because I travel on business a lot, I started compiling a list of restaurants that serve grass fed beef. Family and friends started asking for it so I published it online. The link is below for anyone interested. Its free. If you know of any restaurants that should be included, shoot me an email at eatgrassfed (at) gmail (dot) com.

Although not all of their beef is grass fed, Chipotle has always been a favorite. However, I understand that Chipotle uses soybean oil pretty much exclusively, so I don't go there much anymore.
    Thanks for the Grass Fed Beef link. Great work. I found a few places, not exactly in my neighborhood, but a few are in places where I sometimes find myself. I plan on trying Elevation Burger which looks like a chain -- hopefully if it's good it will replace my love for 5 Guys. I checked out the menu and saw that there are vegan burgers on the same page as the grass fed burgers. Awesome.
    kiss = keep it simple, sister!

kiss is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by livinlite View Post
    Anyone ever request to have their meal cooked in butter instead of oil?
    I've worked in a lot of restaurants, from dives to fine dining, and not all of them use real butter so if you do ask for your food to be cooked in butter you might want to find out if it's actually butter and not margarine or oil.
    kiss = keep it simple, sister!

Quote Originally Posted by kiss View Post
    Thanks for the Grass Fed Beef link. Great work. I found a few places, not exactly in my neighborhood, but a few are in places where I sometimes find myself. I plan on trying Elevation Burger which looks like a chain -- hopefully if it's good it will replace my love for 5 Guys. I checked out the menu and saw that there are vegan burgers on the same page as the grass fed burgers. Awesome.
    Elevation Burger is a chain. There was one here in Baltimore but it closed suddenly last year before I had a chance to try it. I get to S Fla quite a bit, grew up in Broward County and wife is from South Dade. Not a whole lot going on grass fed wise down there right now. Only producers are in central and northern Florida. Seems to be growing a little bit. You used to be able to buy Argentinian grass fed from a few markets but I understand that was cut off a number of years ago.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast