Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Restaurants page 2

Blorton is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Awww man, that reminds me of this absolutely incredible brazilian steakhouse near my office. Lunch there is very pricey at around $30 a head, but it's all you can stuff down your gullet, and *very good*. The house special is filet medallions and I can suck those things down like *edit* crazy! lol.

They also have some bacon-wrapped items that are just to die for.

Great. Now I'm craving it...

Primal since February 2010. On seventh round of P90x.

My Blathering, Babbling Journal

naiadknight is online now Senior Member

Mexican food restaurant- Carne Guisada if prepped without potatos, Carne Asada, fajitas, and Menudo (if you find the right joint, it's very primal friendly). All of this is assumed to be ordered sans tortillas, rice, beans, etc.

Steakhouses- Go nuts- just ask for a salad of veggies instead of whatever version of potato they bring you.

Japanese steakhouse- They'll gladly cook whatever it is without sauce and add extra veggies for you.

By far the most primal friendly restaurant I've been to was a local hibachi grill. I got chicken and calamari and they cooked it absolutely perfectly. Even asked me whether or not the sake and oil they used to cook with were ok. I asked them for no rice and extra veggies and got a heap of veggies 3 times as large as anyone else.

"No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

shastagirl Guest

the bandito burrito up the road from us serves a shell-less burrito in a container. i just omit the rice and beans. instead of lettuce they use cabbage in their burritos. so i get a great burrito salad. i went to a steakhouse tonight with some friends, ordered the 20oz ribeye rare and let my friends choose the sides and ate only the delicious meaty goodness.

Steve-O is offline Senior Member

Ted's Montana Grill is another place to check out, but, yes, NYC has some of the best steakhouses in the country. I never have a problem finding primal options.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member

If I had money and slightly bigger balls I would open a primal restaruant.

I can picture it now: apart from the table-and-chairs setup for normal people, there'd be open-air rooms with themes like savannah, rainforest, etc. where you'd lounge on the "ground" while eating. And a couple times a week we'd have candlelight storytelling sessions by professionals, and the rest of the time some kind of live, soothing ambient flute and drum kind of music instead of Top 40.

You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

MmmFat is offline Senior Member

Pump Energy Food - www.thepumpenergyfood.com

I rarely buy lunch, but this has been my saviour quite a few times. They do serve grains, but it's set up like a Chipotle so you can just tell them what you want. Also, you can buy a side order of meat and they don't bat an eye or bring out the manager to determine pricing, etc.

"One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well." -- Virginia Woolf

Steve-O is offline Senior Member

We have a restaurant near where I live that's a completely outdoor restaurant. All food is cooked on a grate over a huge open flame. People sit on large logs around a table.

Pretty close to primal.

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member

Yes, Texas Roadhouse. My wife has yet to adopt the primal lifestyle, so when we dine out, I often have to just settle for a salad. Last night, we went to Texas Roadhouse, I had a sirloin steak with ribs combo meal. It came with a sweet potato with butter, and green beans. Excellent!

JohnOTD is offline Member

Let's start a primal restaurant! Nothing but grass fed meats and organic veggies, everything cooked in lard/butter/tallow/NON-veggie oils. Have VLC and ZC options. Half the menu is strict primal, the other half is primal foods that imitate SAD choices, that way you can expose more people to the primal lifestyle. We have enough recipes floating around that we could probably make a damn good menu.

Maybe if I do end up doing the primal documentary in a year or so, we can take the money from that and open a primal restaurant...

www.primalfreedom.blogspot.com

If a man has the right to self-ownership, to the control of his life, then in the real world he must also have the right to sustain his life by grappling with and transforming resources; he must be able to own the ground and the resources on which he stands and which he must use. In short, to sustain his human right. - Murray Rothbard

stevew2023 is offline Junior Member

Diana Renata, they just opened a Texas Roadhouse right down the road from me... :-)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast