Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No Red meat

No Red meat

Shop Now
    For 20 years I have only eaten chicken and fish, if I don't get red meat in my diet, do I need extra supplementation?
    Nobody can imprison your power of imagination.

Restarted the journey:
    SW: 153lbs (Starting date - 05/08/2013)
    CW: 146lbs (13/08/2013)
    GW: 130lbs

Naw.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Depends on what else you eat, as well as your age and gender. If you are a per-menopausal female you need lots of iron and, by not eating red meat, you are passing up a good source of iron. So, unless you are eating lots of chicken liver, or lots of iron-rich vegetables like spinach, you might want to take an iron supplement.

fish is pretty awesomely comprehensive if you eat a variety of species (fatty and lean).... you could track your micronutrients on cronometer.com if you are really concerned!
    Check out my new webpage: The Carnivore Runner
    Friend me on "The Facebook"
    Follow me on Twitter!

For customized training / nutritional plans for runners from a former athlete who has personal experience in dealing with severe food allergies, please email me at foxATtinybikeDOTnet. I am ISA certified as a personal trainer and have coached many runners at the recreational or young-competitor level to towards their goals! Most of all, I'd love to help you with yours.

Why no red meat??
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Depends on what else you eat, as well as your age and gender

Tons of fish is probably better for you than red meat, anyhow, but who eats a pound of fish every day?
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    For 20 years I have only eaten chicken and fish, if I don't get red meat in my diet, do I need extra supplementation?
    Have you used any nutrition software, on- or offline, to check your macronutrient and mineral intake, especially your electrolyte mineral intake?

Thx for the info guys (32 year old female).

I grew up eating so much meet and I had a iron difficiency and very low blood pressure, and whenever I used to eat red meat I felt tired and sloggish (15 years).

I stopped eating red meat (and eggs) and only chicken breasts (no liver) and fish, at the age of 16 years my blood pressure and iron went back to normal.

I started adding eggs to my diet about 6 mnths ago and I'm doing fine. Just had the underactive thyroid issue (T3) the last year and I think that confused all the hormones in my body that caused me to gain 4 lbs and feeling crappy. (5.4f and 129 lbs). I experienced a lot of cravings (nuts & cheese since gaining wait) and started Primal a week ago. (previous diet for about 15 year included no fat at all, only fish & chicken, and some cheese once a month)

I have gained weight since Primal (was 127 nou 129lbs)
    Nobody can imprison your power of imagination.

Restarted the journey:
    SW: 153lbs (Starting date - 05/08/2013)
    CW: 146lbs (13/08/2013)
    GW: 130lbs

Learn More
    Do you eat eggs? Do you eat the "whole fish"? Do you eat shellfish? If so then you are just fine.

If I lived coastal I would probably opt for this sort of diet, but being in the midwest BEEF it is!