Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No Red meat page

Lizard is offline Senior Member

No Red meat

Shop Now
    For 20 years I have only eaten chicken and fish, if I don't get red meat in my diet, do I need extra supplementation?
    Nobody can imprison your power of imagination.

Restarted the journey:
    SW: 153lbs (Starting date - 05/08/2013)
    CW: 146lbs (13/08/2013)
    GW: 130lbs

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Naw.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Sunnivara is offline Senior Member
    Depends on what else you eat, as well as your age and gender. If you are a per-menopausal female you need lots of iron and, by not eating red meat, you are passing up a good source of iron. So, unless you are eating lots of chicken liver, or lots of iron-rich vegetables like spinach, you might want to take an iron supplement.

ASmallOne is offline Senior Member
    fish is pretty awesomely comprehensive if you eat a variety of species (fatty and lean).... you could track your micronutrients on cronometer.com if you are really concerned!
    Check out my new webpage: The Carnivore Runner
    Friend me on "The Facebook"
    Follow me on Twitter!

For customized training / nutritional plans for runners from a former athlete who has personal experience in dealing with severe food allergies, please email me at foxATtinybikeDOTnet. I am ISA certified as a personal trainer and have coached many runners at the recreational or young-competitor level to towards their goals! Most of all, I'd love to help you with yours.

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Why no red meat??
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

HesterLigon is offline Junior Member
    Depends on what else you eat, as well as your age and gender

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    Tons of fish is probably better for you than red meat, anyhow, but who eats a pound of fish every day?
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

acohn is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    For 20 years I have only eaten chicken and fish, if I don't get red meat in my diet, do I need extra supplementation?
    Have you used any nutrition software, on- or offline, to check your macronutrient and mineral intake, especially your electrolyte mineral intake?

Lizard is offline Senior Member
    Thx for the info guys (32 year old female).

I grew up eating so much meet and I had a iron difficiency and very low blood pressure, and whenever I used to eat red meat I felt tired and sloggish (15 years).

I stopped eating red meat (and eggs) and only chicken breasts (no liver) and fish, at the age of 16 years my blood pressure and iron went back to normal.

I started adding eggs to my diet about 6 mnths ago and I'm doing fine. Just had the underactive thyroid issue (T3) the last year and I think that confused all the hormones in my body that caused me to gain 4 lbs and feeling crappy. (5.4f and 129 lbs). I experienced a lot of cravings (nuts & cheese since gaining wait) and started Primal a week ago. (previous diet for about 15 year included no fat at all, only fish & chicken, and some cheese once a month)

I have gained weight since Primal (was 127 nou 129lbs)
    Nobody can imprison your power of imagination.

Restarted the journey:
    SW: 153lbs (Starting date - 05/08/2013)
    CW: 146lbs (13/08/2013)
    GW: 130lbs

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Do you eat eggs? Do you eat the "whole fish"? Do you eat shellfish? If so then you are just fine.

If I lived coastal I would probably opt for this sort of diet, but being in the midwest BEEF it is!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast