Thread: Working to eat Protein? page

mggdavis is offline Junior Member

Exclamation Working to eat Protein?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Don't get me wrong, I like the taste of meat. I lean toward fish and fowl given my druthers.
    I am new to Primal, and I like it. It's just that I am 6'2", weigh about 190, I would say I have 10-12% body fat. I am a martial arts instructor, and I enjoy being an everyday athlete.

When I do the Protein math, let's use 10% body fat for round numbers, that means I have to eat about 170 grams of protein a day. It's kind of tough. I mean good clean protein isn't cheap, and second, it feels almost like work. I mean that's two cans of tuna at lunch for example, like half a chicken at night, a three egg omelette in the morning tastes great but barely dents my daily goal. And forget about it when going out to eat.

I feel like I am chasing this Protein goal all day. Having been a fat kid, I am not someone who wants to stress over arbitrary food goals. Help?

Cheers,

Mike

jakey is offline Senior Member
    i think the protein goal is overstated. i pretty effortlessly hit 100 grams a day, but don't worry about it after that. i'm 5'8", 160. i lift regularly. days when i lift, i get up near 200 grams. off days hover between 90 and 130. don't sweat it.