Thread: Working to eat Protein? page

mggdavis is offline Junior Member

Exclamation Working to eat Protein?

Primal Fuel
    Don't get me wrong, I like the taste of meat. I lean toward fish and fowl given my druthers.
    I am new to Primal, and I like it. It's just that I am 6'2", weigh about 190, I would say I have 10-12% body fat. I am a martial arts instructor, and I enjoy being an everyday athlete.

When I do the Protein math, let's use 10% body fat for round numbers, that means I have to eat about 170 grams of protein a day. It's kind of tough. I mean good clean protein isn't cheap, and second, it feels almost like work. I mean that's two cans of tuna at lunch for example, like half a chicken at night, a three egg omelette in the morning tastes great but barely dents my daily goal. And forget about it when going out to eat.

I feel like I am chasing this Protein goal all day. Having been a fat kid, I am not someone who wants to stress over arbitrary food goals. Help?

Cheers,

Mike

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    If you aren't lose muscle, don't stress about it. Different people have different protein requirements. Mine are insanely low, other's are high. Do what works for you.

js290 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mggdavis View Post
    When I do the Protein math, let's use 10% body fat for round numbers, that means I have to eat about 170 grams of protein a day. It's kind of tough. I mean good clean protein isn't cheap, and second, it feels almost like work. I mean that's two cans of tuna at lunch for example, like half a chicken at night, a three egg omelette in the morning tastes great but barely dents my daily goal. And forget about it when going out to eat.

I feel like I am chasing this Protein goal all day. Having been a fat kid, I am not someone who wants to stress over arbitrary food goals. Help?
    Moderate protein, more fat.

Health Correlator: How much protein does one need to be in nitrogen balance?

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Apex Predator View Post
    If you aren't lose muscle, don't stress about it. Different people have different protein requirements. Mine are insanely low, other's are high. Do what works for you.
    +1 Trust your body. Some people do fine with a small amount of protein.
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

My MDA Friday success story - Stubborn Senior's Testimonial

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I thought I was fine without high-protein, but it turns out I'm doing much better at about a pound a day. And it's not a struggle for me, so maybe that's a clue that it's not right for you. I can easily sit down and eat a pound or more of beef and chase it with a pile of fatty veggies without any discomfort. I do it many days a week. So it seems I am somewhat more intended for the higher-protein intake. But if it's hard for you to eat that much, maybe you aren't designed to.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html