Thread: Does insulin sensitivity help us handle carbs better? page

rkd80 is offline Member

Does insulin sensitivity help us handle carbs better?

Shop Now
    Hey folks,

Simple question. As we adopt the primal way of life and restrict grains/sugars we become insulin sensitive. That to me means that we require less insulin in the body to regulate glucose level.

Would that mean that on the occasion we *do* eat some sugar (dark chocolate, restaurant dressings) or starch (yams, occasional rice/quinoa) that the response within our body is far less damaging that had we consumed the exact same foods while following SAD?

In other words, does the occasional "treat" become less damaging as homeostasis is achieved rapidly?

lssanjose is offline Senior Member
    Work starches slowly, if you've been doing very low carbohydrate for a sustained period of time
    If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123