Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Going 100% for 1 month - my journal page

lucy1984 is offline Senior Member

Going 100% for 1 month - my journal

Ok, started primal after christmas, and stuck to it pretty well Jan and Feb, but the end of March has seen a bit of slippage. I started IF - which was great for my satiation levels, but then stopped IF, and the hunger came back, leading to little cheats here and there, and finally tonight, massive binge. I was at my friends house, I did the right thing I took primal friendly snacks, but the chocolates and chips still found their way down my throat. I want to get back to that feeling of control I felt (briefly) during the times when I was IF.

I also REALLY NEED to kick my artificial sweetener habit - diet colas are a major vice. I keep kicking them for a week here and there, and then they creep back in.

SO, this is my daily journal and I am DETERMINED to stay 100% for April. Long-term I know there will always be transgressions, but I really want to make it through 1 month. Sure it's not the best month to choose, I have events, but every month has it's challenges.

Challenge 1: Easter. Already know I won't be eating chocolate. Lunch at my parents: the main meal is primal enough, roast beef, stuffed mushrooms, potato skins and a pumpkin rocquet salad. The only thing I'll have to avoid is the chocolate cake and the diet drinks.
    Challenge 2: drinks for a friends birthday (Easter sat) --> I'll drive and limit myself to 1 cider.
    Challenge 3: another good friend's 30th. I have looked at the menu, there is a duck dish which looks primal, I'll avoid dessert and bread, make every second drink a water, and stick to the most primal drinks I can (?a few wines?).
    I know this isn't "100%", but if I don't make a realistic goal for that night I'll go off track and give up. Hopefully my satiation will have kicked in by then.

Every other day:
    1) Definitely no artificial sweeteners
    2) No snacking between meals
    3) Drinks: coffee with dash of goats milk, water, green tea, water, water
    4) Not going to worry too much about what my carb level is, I'll allow small amount of fruit (berries, half a banana) IF I want it, enjoy roast pumpkin etc. From experience this won't get me much over 80g anyway.
    5) Aim for 1xsprint sessions and 2xweights sessions per week, as well as my cardio
    6) No *little* cheats, such as a piece of chocolate here or a taste of honey there. 100% for 1 month!

Going to start tomorrow (as I'm off to bed now), starting with a 30min jog and fasting till lunch-time.

I'll post my menu and exercise daily.

Heragain is offline Junior Member
    Okay I will join you - 100% for a month.

BygoneCat is offline Member
    Great goal- I think I am going to commit to the same thing for April. Good luck and thanks for the inspiration!

Oh cool, I have friends to join me in my quest for April perfection!

I hit one little snag with my day 1 plan - I haven't slept properly due to all that awful food, feel like shiz, and there is no way my body is going to be up for a run in 3 hours. I think I'll take it easy, fast, and try for a nice long walk this afternoon. Still primal so still good. Long runs after a binge is heading back in the direction of my unhealthy CW days anyway.

Also some stats:
    As of yesterday morning - 69kg. I'll update my weight next Saturday morning.
    Heigh 172cm, body type: skinny up top, fatter down the bottom (typical pear), so only measurement of interest is
    my upper thigh, which (as of yesterday morning) was 64cm. I'm technically not overweight, but definitely uncomfortable and at least 2 sizes different between my top and bottom - it'd be great to reduce this to 1 size difference eventually. I know it'll never be perfect, as that is my shape and I'm 27 so in child-bearing years, but it can (and has) been better. Plus I have a wardrobe full of winter clothes from last year that now don't fit...it'd be nice to wear again them this year!

Before my wedding and honeymoon last year I was 65kg and about 60cm around my thigh.
    Previous to that I was about 61kg and 58-59cm round my thigh.
    This is just for long-term progress though. I'm not making any weight loss goals for the month, just want to stick to the diet 100%.

Also, my skin is looking bad at the moment - I've got about 4 zits on the left side of my face. Previous to this week it had been looking really clear.

Alessandra is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like you've got a plan in place! It'll be nice to check in and see how it's going for you.
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

Lizard is offline Senior Member
    You sound very positive and motivated, that's the way to go One thing you can try for a problem skin is a teaspoon of cayenne pepper in a bit of water every morning, I had excellent results within 2 days and Cayenne pepper has so much healthy benefits, helps with inflammation, arthritis, cholesterol, blood circulation, weightloss....

Health Benefits of Cayenne Pepper
    Nobody can imprison your power of imagination.

Restarted the journey:
    SW: 153lbs (Starting date - 05/08/2013)
    CW: 146lbs (13/08/2013)
    GW: 130lbs

Quote Originally Posted by Alessandra View Post
    Sounds like you've got a plan in place! It'll be nice to check in and see how it's going for you.
    Thanks! Love your profile pic btw.

OK day 1.

IF till lunchtime - tick.
    DIdn't snack - tick.
    Didn't run (cross), but I did get in 70mins of walking, so that's a tick.
    No diet drinks in spite of being at one of the places where I most often given into temptation - mum and dad's house. This is usually where I first fall. But I told mum all about my goal of 100% April and she is very supportive, and won't be offended next week when I knock back cake. She also reminded me that we have a night out to the theatre to see Miriam Magolyes do the women of Dicken's at the end of the month, but we can get through that primally (I'll chose the restaurant).

Didn't spend the day beating myself up and stressing about what damage I did to my weight last night (tick).

What I ate:

Lunch:
    2 tins tuna, 300g roast pumpkin ( I LOVE pumpkin), some roast eggplants, mixed lettuce leaves, 120g mushrooms, piece of seaweed, apple cider vinegar, some pesto, 2 brazil nuts, 1/2 a banana.

Dinner:
    150g mince, brocolli, cauli, brussels sprouts, onion, capsicum, in a home made bolognaise sauce, 4 strawberries

Other: some goats milk in coffee, coconut oil to cook.

Estimates from calorie king: 1351 cal, 131g protein (41%), 85g carb (27%), 32% cal from fat

Heragain is offline Junior Member
    Here we go - April 1st, day one - good luck fellow 100%ers!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Alright, day 2, hope everyone is doing well! Ok it's not quite the end of day 2, but I'm updating now.

IF till lunch (tick) - and it really was a fast today since I wasn't up eating junk food til midnight.
    Exercise (tick) - walked to and from the shops (20min), and heading to see my personal trainer for weights in a few hours.
    No diet drink (tick) - this is the hardest temptation
    Energy - a bit low, I just had a post lunch nap.

Food:
    Lunch:
    100g roast chicken, 300g roast pumpkin ( I LOVE pumpkin), some roast eggplant, mixed lettuce leaves, 120g mushrooms, piece of seaweed, apple cider vinegar, some pesto, 2 brazil nuts, 1/2 a banana, 4 strawberries

Dinner:
    150g mince, brocolli, cauli, brussels sprouts, onion, capsicum, in a home made bolognaise sauce (i.e. leftovers from last night)

Other: some goats milk in coffee, coconut oil to cook.

1300 calories, 116g protein (38%), 83g carb (27%), 36% fat

Hunger wise I was fine lasting til lunch.
    Last edited by lucy1984; 04-02-2012 at 01:58 AM.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast