Thread: Ready to actually SEE my muscles. page

shadowcat410 is offline Junior Member

Ready to actually SEE my muscles.

Primal Fuel
    HI! This place rocks. I've been reading this site and figured, it's time I joined! Paleo Summit was very intresting, and i'm trying (<- key word) to CT based on following Dr. Kruse.

Okay - so here's my background: 5'5" goal weight 150 (cause it's the smallest I've ever been in my adult life, although ideally i need to be in the 140's), and I am 9 pounds away from goal. I am ready to end my destructive cycle of yo-yo dieting and emotional eating. That soul search has been completed. Yes, I did hcg, but now I'm ready to eat Paleo for life and never look back.

I am very familiar and comfortable with eating no grains, no sugars, only berries as sweets. I think my problem is dairy. I have not be able to live without it. I am not seeing the stubborn fat pockets go as much as I think they should. However, it doesn't seem like I have a food allergy to dairy. I love HWC in my coffee, full fat cheeses, greek yogurt is a staple. OH and I'm very intriguied with Intermittent Fasting. I think it's something I should incorporate perhaps weekly.

But I want to shed the flab, not get "cut" as the guys say, but lean out. I LOVE weight training with heavy weights, yoga and HIIT. So, exercise is not a problem. I understand I should be getting around 60-80 grams of protein a day. I also drink more than half my weight in oz of water a day.

Okay, my question to you all is... if I really want to get lean, should I cut out all dairy, at least for 30 days?
    Women, any of you notice a difference? I am wondering if I should go to an Endocrinologist to see if my hormones are balanced?

Please guide me to the link if this has been asked before, as I know i'm not breaking new ground here. There is such a wealth of information there, I am a bit overwhelmed.

Analog6 is offline Senior Member
    Terranora, far north coast NSW, Australia
    It couldn't hurt to try it & see how your body responds. A month isn't long and if it works, bargain. If not, back to the drawing board.
    Odille
    F 58 / 170cms / SW 131.5 kgs / Current 112.4/ GW 65
    following Primal Lifestyle and swimming my way to health

My Primal Blog / Photo Blog / RedBubble shop / My Calendars / My Facebook

NWPrimate is offline Senior Member
    Combine sprints (true all out everything you have until you feel like you're going to puke sprints) once a week with intermittent fasting and you should see some solid results.