Thread: Documenting Everything, Until I THRIVE. page

Jreyes2265 is offline Member

Thumbs up Documenting Everything, Until I THRIVE.

Well, today is the day. The start of my first Journal that will keep track of ALL my details. From what I've eaten, to what exercises I've done, to the rants, and to the questions I have. I hope someone can learn something from what I will be posting for a smoother experience. All my life, I've eaten mostly a SAD except it tad bit worse. Ever since a certain age, I lived next to a mcdonalds for a large part of my life. It was a horrible thing for me, I became overweight when I was in the 3rd-4th grade. Ever since then it just went up, up and up. Forward years later, here I am now dipping my foot into this Primal Way of Living.

I'm sure some of you have read my previous rant titled:

"Reasons for Me Being Hesitant from Going All The Way w/ The Primal Way of Living"

I am proud to say that I am reaching my 3rd week since I've transitioned completely into eating Primally. Right off the bat, I can tell you that it's only tough at the beginning. It's so easy to me now, it's unbelievable how much I've changed with my eating habits. When I started it was hard, but knowing what you can eat, giving yourself choices with your meat makes it a ton easier! Here are my before statistics:

Before:

• Weight: 240lbs (My highest I've ever reached)
    • Daily Activity: None, sitting down for hours and hours on end on the computer.
    • Foods: Anything and everything, frozen burritos, cup-o-noodles (2 at a time) spaghetti, breads, tortillas, rice, beans. It was BAD.

Now:

• Weight 205lbs. (I can't even remember being at this weight.)
    • Foods: Meat! Steaks, Chicken, Fish, Asparagus, Brussel Sprouts, coconut water, water, strawberries, blueberries, etc!
    • Daily Activity: Cleaning the house, no longer sitting at computer, I stand now. Lifting weights Monday's, Wednesday's, Fridays. In between those days I try to get some cardio in. Usually boxing, running in the backyard etc.

I may or may not still be going through the carb flu, honestly I can't really tell. I should probably be eating more vegetables, but hey what are you going to do? I've always loved to drink a lot of water, I know Mark says only when you're thirsty, but I'd rather go off instinct. I've successfully cut my morning coffee (the sugar) and replaced it with a nice hot cup of Yerba Mate which supposedly has many benefits, fat loss included. I still have plenty of way to go, but I am finally satisfied enough with my change, that I am willing to now share what I'm doing!

For the first time in my life, I actually feel I am able to go FAR. I've always struggled with eating better (CW ways) and changing and breaking the pattern. It feels amazing, life looks great, and I can't wait to keep going.

Look forward to regular postings with meals, questions, and positive statements.

Thanks for tuning in!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Analog6 is offline Senior Member
    Terranora, far north coast NSW, Australia
    Good for you! Love the graphic. I've lost 18kgs since Aug 2011 and feel great.
    Odille
    F 58 / 170cms / SW 131.5 kgs / Current 112.4/ GW 65
    following Primal Lifestyle and swimming my way to health

My Primal Blog / Photo Blog / RedBubble shop / My Calendars / My Facebook

Bron is offline Senior Member
    When I first started, I had a 10kg weight next to me (at the computer). I'd hoist it a few times whenever I thought of it - small steps but yesterday I was wearing a singlet and looking quite a bit stronger

Jreyes2265 is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Today was another great day! For exercise I was hitting the boxing bag for a good 20 minutes or so, pretty hard. I then took another 10 minute walk. It's strange how I now look forward to my exercises, whether it be weights or cardio. I also made a pretty good dinner. I made some steak, with steamed broccoli, brussel sprouts, and carrots. I melted some butter and added some sea salt as well, pretty darn good. It was easy too!

I also made my own salsa here's the recipe:

6 Serrano Chili's (spellcheck)
    1 Red Tomato
    1 small Tomatillo tomato
    1/2 tsp. of Salt

Boil all ingredients until very soft.
    BLEND!

Anyway here is my dinner of what I had tonight:

shitty camera is shitty

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter