Thread: Fitbit and radiations... ? page

fra0039 is offline Member

Fitbit and radiations... ?

Primal Fuel
    Hey everybody,

I was thinking about buying a Fitbit. Not that I really need one but I like the idea and would like to give it a try! The only thing that is making me wonder is keeping on you 24/7 a device that attempts a wireless connection like every 15 mins... I understand that it is a very low power connection (2.4 GHz ANT) and maybe I am just paranoid but wouldn't this in the long run be harmful?? I guess nobody knows for sure but why taking the risk considering that it is not such a must-have feature (the device keeps one week of data in memory and you anyway need to connect it to the pc for recharging every few days...)?

Do you know any similar device without the wireless connection feature (or at least where it can be disabled)?

Also, has anybody any experience with the fitbit sleep tracker? Is it any good, e.g. compared to the Sleeptracker watch?

Thanks!

bluechip is offline Member
    I have a fitbit and I love it! I am wearing it now as a matter of fact! I use the sleep tracker and it has helped me identify and fix problems with my sleep cycle / awaking times. I've been using the fitbit since Mid November.

That being said, I am sure any pedometer would work if you just wanted to check out the amount of energy you are spending per day. There are also other manufactures who do not have wireless features.

I am not so concerned about the radiation since I also carry a cell phone and fly/travel often. (I am not sure, but I assume there is a lot more radiaiton from the cell phone and from flying.)

I am addicted to logging my data both caloric and from the fitbit. Check it out and let me know if you have any questions about the fitbit.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread72430.html
    Regards,
    ~ Chris

Owly is offline Senior Member
    I read the review of the BodyMedia CORE on Obesity Panacea the other day and thought it sounded potentially useful. Review here:

http://blogs.plos.org/obesitypanacea...ft-guide-2012/

They make one called the LINK that uses Bluetooth, but the CORE one seems just upload via USB:

Understand How the BodyMedia FIT Works As An Accurate On Body Monitor System For Weight Loss
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

bluechip is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    I read the review of the BodyMedia CORE on Obesity Panacea the other day and thought it sounded potentially useful. Review here:

The Obesity Panacea Holiday Gift Guide 2012 | Obesity Panacea

They make one called the LINK that uses Bluetooth, but the CORE one seems just upload via USB:

Understand How the BodyMedia FIT Works As An Accurate On Body Monitor System For Weight Loss
    Good post Owly. The BodyMedia FIT was my second choice when I was looking
    Regards,
    ~ Chris

ryanmercer is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I have a Striiv and usually 2 phones on me, I could care less about radiation coming from my phone or blutooth, I've got a HAM across the street at home and work a few hundred yards from an air traffic control transmitter tower of 4 antennas. If that's not cooking me, I'm not sweating a low draw bluetooth radio.
    -Ryan Mercer my blog and Genco Peptides my small biz