Thread: The menace of "canola" oil - and a plan to do something about it page

Lewis is offline Senior Member

The menace of "canola" oil - and a plan to do something about it

Shop Now
    Dr. Cate:

The preponderance of current evidence suggests that Canola oil is a trans-rich toxin that, perhaps more than any other single component of the modern American diet, has contributed to increases in cardiovascular disease, metabolic disfunction, ED, stroke, dementia, and a long list of other familiar diseases.

Among the experts, this is no longer controversial: Canola oil is death in a bottle ...
    She thinks restaurants that don't use this industrialized pseudo-food should state so proudly, so that customers know. She is also offering a free copy of one of her books to the first few readers who can tell her where you can eat in the Napa Valley and be sure you haven't consumed it:

Canola Oil: The blob that ate butter, olive oil, coconut oil and peanut oil threatens American cuisine | drcate.com

lssanjose is offline Senior Member
    Thanks, for the link!
    If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

Pigevil is offline Member
    Thanks for the link.
    We always avoid anything containing canola oil.
    Canola oil and other processed industrial oils is one of the reasons we stop going to restaurants. We live in NYC, and I find that even in supposedly high-end establishments it is hard to determine what products the are using to cook food. Sometimes we can tell they used butter, but more often, it is some sort of oil, most likely not olive oil.

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    I really don't want to read that. it's bad enough that all the restaurants have started posting signs saying the food is contaminiated with soy, dairy, wheat, nuts etc.
    Still can't believe something as horrible as "rapeseed oil" took off but I guess it's because it's cheap. Really sucks.

Nady is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fiercehunter View Post
    Still can't believe something as horrible as "rapeseed oil" took off but I guess it's because it's cheap. Really sucks.
    Clever marketing, stupid people.

jimhensen is offline Senior Member
    "Among the experts, this is no longer controversial: Canola oil is death in a bottle ..."

lol, among what experts? The experts in being anti canola oil? Because that CERTAINLY is not the line of thinking among scientists doing research.

LOL...I love when people make statements like this and don't post any sources.
    Last edited by jimhensen; 03-30-2012 at 02:26 PM.

jsa23 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fiercehunter View Post
    I really don't want to read that. it's bad enough that all the restaurants have started posting signs saying the food is contaminiated with soy, dairy, wheat, nuts etc.
    I believe soybean oil is even cheaper to produce - which is why it gets used in well, pretty much everything.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Good link!