Thread: Transportation - LAX to Oxnard page

TracyB is offline Junior Member

Transportation - LAX to Oxnard

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I am looking to carpool with anyone arriving at LAX airport for the PrimalCon on Thursday, April 12th. My choices thus far are shuttle service, rent a car, or get a ride with a local resident attending the conference. If anyone is looking to share costs and carpool, please let me know.

Thanks and see you all there!

ozgur is offline Junior Member
    Hi Tracy,

Myself and my wife are also looking to carpool or share a ride with someone from the LAX airport to Oxnard. We prefer shuttle ride or cab, but are open to car rental also. We arrive to the LAX airport on 4/12/12 around 12:30pm. Let us know when you will be there and if the arrival times are close enough for us to be able to share a ride. Looking forward to hearing from you,

Ozgur

Quote Originally Posted by TracyB View Post
    I am looking to carpool with anyone arriving at LAX airport for the PrimalCon on Thursday, April 12th. My choices thus far are shuttle service, rent a car, or get a ride with a local resident attending the conference. If anyone is looking to share costs and carpool, please let me know.

Thanks and see you all there!

Hi Ozgur... My flight arrives at LAX at 10:30am on April 12th. I am in contact with another person attending the conference that would like to share costs. I will research the cost of renting a car. There are three shuttle service companies to check out. You can compare for yourself via this link:

Oxnard Transportation | Airports, Car Rentals, Shuttles, Buses, Trains

Roadrunner and Amadeus are about the same cost. Ventura is half the price. Let me know what you think of these options.

Cheers,
    Tracy

Okay, I've done some research on rental cars and it appears that this is the best way to go cost-wise. Assuming that there are four of us sharing the cost, it'll be about $25-30 each plus gas. That's pretty good, right? Ozgur, let me know what your flight details are if you and your wife are still interested in joining me for this. I'll arrange the car rental.
    Tracy

Sooz is offline Junior Member
    Am I too late to car share?! I land in LAX on Wednesday and want to head up to Oxnard Thursday morning from LA... Happy to drive (but never driven on the right before!)

Hi Sooz... No you are not too late. I arrive at LAX mid morning Thursday and will pick up the car. The couple that I am sharing the car with arrive at 12:30pm. If you don't mind leaving once they arrive, then you are more than welcome to join us. If you are still interested in carpooling, let me know where we can meet up. An option is the Alamo car rental. They have regular shuttles to/from the airport.
    Cheers!

superdeluxe is offline Senior Member
    Any chance that I could join too? I'm arriving at LAX at 10:30 AM on Thurs from NYC.

Suzanna (the other Suz)
    Il faut vivre et non pas seulement exister.

Hi Suzanna... There's room for five people so assuming everyone shows up, you'd be number five. Might be a tight fit but if you're game, you are welcome to join the carpool. Meet me at the Alamo car rental. Take one of the shuttles that runs often from the airport. I arrive at 10:30am from Vancouver, Canada on Air Canada 550.
    Tracy

Great. I get in on Virgin flight vx0399 at 10:25 and will go to Alamo. I'll send you a message with my phone number.

Suz, we're at alamo. It's 1130. Where are we meeting you?