Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why white not brown rice? page

balanced is offline Member

Why white not brown rice?

Shop Now
    Why is white rice a better option than brown rice? what about black or red rice? arborrio, jasmine, basmati? Do they all have the similar nutritional values? What are you rice eaters eating these days?

lssanjose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by balanced View Post
    Why is white rice a better option than brown rice? what about black or red rice? arborrio, jasmine, basmati? Do they all have the similar nutritional values? What are you rice eaters eating these days?
    White rice, because inherently less toxic than brown rice. To get rid of the toxicity in brown rice, you've gotta do some work: soaking/sprouting, and so on. Similar actions need to be taken with phytic acid heavy food.

Daemonized is online now Senior Member
    See above. In simple terms the anti-nutrients are found in the husk of the rice and that is what is removed to get white rice from brown.

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    I eat jasmine or basmati, or rice noodles, for oriental dishes. I use arborio for traditional Italian risottos. As those above have pointed out, it's about avoiding toxins. I'm not severely restricting calories so the micronutrient content is of no concern whatsever to me. I just use it as a source of safe palatable starch.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Quote Originally Posted by paleo-bunny View Post
    I eat jasmine or basmati, or rice noodles, for oriental dishes. I use arborio for traditional Italian risottos. As those above have pointed out, it's about avoiding toxins. I'm not severely restricting calories so the micronutrient content is of no concern whatsever to me. I just use it as a source of safe palatable starch.
    I never liked the taste of brown rice... white rice with the right sauce/seasoning = bliss..

tarek is offline Senior Member
    Sprouted brown rice > white rice >>>>>>>>>>> cooked brown rice

@lex is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lssanjose View Post
    I never liked the taste of brown rice... white rice with the right sauce/seasoning = bliss..
    Brown rice annoys me as well. Something about the consistency and after-taste really bothers me. On the other hand, whit rice with a bit of butter, salt, and pepper is amazing. hell, even plain white rice is good in my opinion.
    Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own experience.

In the mind of the beginner, there are many possibilities; in the mind of the expert, there are few.

I've shaken hands with a raccoon and lived to tell the tale

SW: 220- 225 pounds at the beginning of January
    CW: 180 pounds

Goals for 2012: Lose a bit more fat and start a serious muscle and strength routine

Quote Originally Posted by tarek View Post
    Call me a dunce, but clarify, please. Are you saying you prefer sprouted brown rice over white rice. But, you prefer white rice over cooked brown rice?

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tarek View Post
    How much effort does sprouted brown rice take and how does it taste compared to white rice? I am curious.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Quote Originally Posted by paleo-bunny View Post
    How much effort does sprouted brown rice take and how does it taste compared to white rice? I am curious.
    Me too.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast