Thread: Vitamin Shoppe brand Omega 3 Fish Oil + SOY!! WTF page

JVib is offline Senior Member

Vitamin Shoppe brand Omega 3 Fish Oil + SOY!! WTF

I got a $10 off coupon to Vitamin Shoppe and purchased their store brand fish oil ($23 - $10 = $13 which is a great deal for fish oil...so I thought). I've been using it for a few weeks. This morning I glanced at the ingredients list: (herring, sardine, and anchovy) oil and soy.

What the @#$% is soy doing in my fish oil!!! I tossed the bottle and ordered more of Nature's Answer brand fish oil...after checking the ingredient list.

PS - I ordered the new fish oil from Swanson Health Product for $13.46 per bottle and you get free shipping for orders over $50. That is almost the price I paid for the VS brand with $10 off.
    "You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need." ~ Vernon Howard

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    I would have kept it, if you only took it once a week (along with the other, better one) the soy would have probably been negligible.

kkratz57 is offline Senior Member
    And it's typically just the Vitamin E that comes from the soy. If you do a search on the forums, you'll probably find more information.

Grixx is offline Junior Member
    Yeah not really a huge deal...

Issabeau is offline Senior Member
    I would've ditched it, too. I'm pissed when I see 'vegetable broth' on the ingredient list of cans of tuna...because underneath that it says Contains : Soy!

So they dump the 'dish water' after soy is processed into the tuna cans and call it vegetable broth...and my cat can tell! Non of my pets (4 dogs 1 cat) will eat it, they KNOW theres something f^%$*d up in there...
    And all those ymmi pesticides and fertilizers that end up in the dish water...just awesome.

Besides, do you know how much % is REAL fish oil (not rancid hopefully) and how much % is soy? Probably not.

Good thing you tossed it.

JackLumic is offline Junior Member
    According to me the Oliver oil and soya protein are very helpful for the health and it gives more vitamin and minerals
    which are helpful for good health and increasing of the immunity system.

blackdiamund is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JackLumic View Post
    According to me the Oliver oil and soya protein are very helpful for the health and it gives more vitamin and minerals
    which are helpful for good health and increasing of the immunity system.
    you better check your sources again... soy is a disaster for any male

abstract is online now Junior Member
    I just eat fish. Trader Joes has canned salmon for $3 for 14 oz. I eat at least 4 of those a week.

codered5 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blackdiamund View Post
    you better check your sources again... soy is a disaster for any male
    With any sort of normal usage, this is true - soy has the ability to castrate males. It's a phytoestrogen, although at very minimal levels it SOMETIMES can compete with estrogen in the body to bind w/ hormone receptors, but after regular use it's just going to increase your body's recognition of estrogen and therefore total hormone output in your body. Typically results in lower T and a "soft" feeling, and all the lovely side effects that come with it! Go soy!

healthy11 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I agree... toss anything that has soy in it.