Thread: Carbs question! page

Alphess is offline Junior Member

Carbs question!

Primal Fuel
    I do P90X and just recently started primal... Now I noticed that potatoes and the like are okay if I'm an "athlete". What qualifies as "athlete"? I do P90X six days a week, plus whatever extra runs or training I have, however, I am a student and spend the majority of my day seated when I am not exercising.
    "...there was about him a suggestion of lurking ferocity, as though the Wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept." - Jack London, "White Fang"

lssanjose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alphess View Post
    I do P90X and just recently started primal... Now I noticed that potatoes and the like are okay if I'm an "athlete". What qualifies as "athlete"? I do P90X six days a week, plus whatever extra runs or training I have, however, I am a student and spend the majority of my day seated when I am not exercising.
    I'd say, starches post workout. And yes, by your description, you'd be profiled as an athlete. I don't know athletically skilled you are, but if you're doing p90x with a sense of regularity, it's safe to infer you're "athletic."

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Well, you do burn more carbs working out that not. I beleive you could count on about 50g worth per hour of that sort of exercise program. So as to figuring from there I'll leave it to you

jakey is offline Senior Member
    your brain uses over 100 grams of glucose a day, assuming you're not in ketosis. if you eat 100 grams of glucose a day, and do no workouts at all, you still won't insidiuosly gain weight. unless you're eating too many calories overall. truth.