Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Primal Challenge Journal (Rachel19) page 2

Rachel19 is offline Junior Member

Shop Now

Today was my "fun" day...took my daughter bowling. And we did a lot of walking as we shopped for spring clothes and groceries.

Breakfast was a coconut pancake with almond butter and a grapefruit

Lunch was a chicken breast, skin on, and walnuts

Dinner was chicken drumsticks drizzled with olive oil, asparagus, and coconut bark for desert (I make it with 1 TBSP oil, 1 TBSP cocoa, and 1 stevia packet)

Today was a slow movement day. Did thirty minutes of walking on my mini trampoline.

breakfast: coconut pancake w/almond butter

lunch: salad, salmon

snack: a few nuts

dinner: steak, cucumbers, coconut bark for desert

Workout day. Squats, lunges, push-ups, sit-ups in a circuit, with jogging in between.

breakfast: 2 eggs scrambled in olive oil, 1/2 grapefruit

snack: same

lunch: chicken breast

snack: chicken drumstick

dinner: 2 eggs scrambled in olive oil, 1 tbsp almond butter in celery stalks

I see my consultant in the AM. My weight was up 1.4 pounds this morning, so I'm a bit miffed about it. But maybe I will be back down tomorrow...or maybe I've added a bit of muscle. I guess I will find out tomorrow!

Met with my consultant today. My results were exactly the same as last week...135.2 pounds (on his scale) and 23.9% body fat. I am taking after pictures next week, so he's got me on a crazy competition type diet. It's a lot of lean meat and green veggies, no nuts, no fruits, no fats. I can do anything for a week, right? I would LOVE to get closer to 20% body fat, which was my original goal.

30 minutes of slow walking today.

After my pictures next Wednesday, I am going back to my higher fat primal fat diet. I am going to add back red wine and greek yogurt and occasional dark chocolate and see how I do.

I am down to 133.1 this morning.

5 days out from my after photos. I need to fit in a hair color, spray tan, three weight workouts, and five *slow* walks before March 17. My daughter has been out sick from school for two days with the stomach flu, so I'm not sure how I'm going to get everything scheduled in, but I will find a way.

cyberaly is offline Junior Member

wow... that is great! photos sound like a serious deadline. i'll have to schedule my "after" photos for this time next year.

good luck!

Aly, thanks for stopping by! I've been in an eighteen week fitness program, so after photos are a culmination of several weeks of clean eating and tough workouts.

Today I had eggs...okay, I went ahead and used regular eggs, I admit it. I just can't face any more egg whites. I also had a grapefruit, lots of chicken, and an entire sliced cucumber with balsamic vinegrette.

I ran up to our little townhouse gym and did chest and shoulders. I had to squeeze the workout in...and they don't have all the weights I need...but I figured it was better than doing nothing. And I needed some fresh air after being home since Wednesday night.

It was the best feeling workout I've had in a long time.

BTW, the new Oxygen magazine says that women in the 21-24% body fat range are fit. I'm not quite where I want to be yet in terms of being lean, but it was interesting to see their scale and to think that I could be "fit!"

Also, in looking at photos, I realized that I don't want to look like a fitness competitor...I want to look like a bikini competitor. And some of those girls were actually pretty lean through the mid-section (my trouble area!)

133 this morning. Will go and get my hair done and my spray tan today, along with a leg workout at Gold's (thank goodness my daughter is feeling better!)

4 days out from my after photos!!

Got all my stuff done today!

The dark hair is a big change for me, but I'm glad I did it!

I am roasting a chicken in the oven right now. They are so cheap, and it's so easy to do.

My daughter made her shopping list for the week and gave it to me. She's almost 12. Here's what is said:

dinner

yummy, fatty meat like steak

chicken DRUMSTICKS

broccoli

cucumbers

lunch

apples

pistachios

baby bel cheese

brownies

breakfast

grapefruit

scones

Okay, she's not all primal, but she made this list on her own and 8/10 items are (well, the cheese could be)...so she's moving in the right direction, with no prodding from me.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast