Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal journal: jes1014 page

jes1014 is offline Senior Member

Primal journal: jes1014

Primal Fuel
    Whew! This is a loooong one!! Bonus points if anyone actually reads this mess

My intro

Goals:
    Not view my body as the enemy
    I have had debilitating migraines since I was 7. I have always struggled with my weight and self-image. I suffer from secondary, unexplained infertility. I just had surgery in Dec. to remove a dermoid cyst the size of an orange that was on my ovary (found when I was doing yet more fertility tests). I always took these things as signs that my body was horribly broken. I now (mostly) realize that isn't true. A lot of my problems were/are tied to the crap I was putting in my mouth. Even when I was trying to "eat healthy". I'm only 3 weeks primal but I can already see an improvement.
    Get off the blood pressure medicine
    I've had "borderline" high blood pressure forever. I finally started taking meds because the doctors thought that was why I couldn't conceive. I really want to control my BP through diet and exercise. I hate the thought of taking them at my age (36)
    Have more energy
    Pretty self-explanatory
    Sleep better
    I'm trying to do the no screens in bed but I'm having problems with it. I always have a hard time falling asleep and if I get less than 7 hours (most days I'm lucky with 5) then I am a real grump most of the day
    Have a BMI of less than 30
    I know the BMI measurement is crap but I HATE seeing the diagnosis code of "obese" on my chart! My birthday is in 6 weeks. I want to lose 6 more lbs by then so my BMI is below 30 for my birthday present to myself.

Typical menu:
    Breakfast: protein shake (spinach, banana, 3 peach slices, almond or coconut milk, TJ whey powder, shot of olive oil). I want to switch to BP coffee but I want to wait until the weekend to start, just in case...
    Snack: almonds or piece of celery with almond butter in the AM, a hard boiled egg in the PM (I want to cut out the snacks but I'm not ready yet)
    Lunch: BAS with either olive oil/vinegar or homemade mayo thinned with dill pickle relish
    Dinner: meat with veggies or 3 egg omelet on my C25K nights after DS goes to bed
    I have the lap-band so my portions are fairly small. I have been having extra butter at various times to keep the fat up. I also have problems eating certain meat (beef can be problematic)

Exercise:
    Right now, I'm doing the C25K program. I'm on week 4 and I'm very proud of myself! I didn't think I would stick with it this long! I want to start the LHT this week but I keep saying that. I'm worried I can't do it so I am reluctant to try (typical perfectionist behavior)

Current Stats:
    5'7", 197 lbs, size L shirt, size 16 pants but they are getting loose (yay!)

I was pleasantly surprised by how excellent the portabella mushroom pizza was tonight! All of the taste, none of the regret

Training all day today. Ugh.
    Breakfast- 3 eggs scrambled with ham, a little cheese, tomatoes, topped with salsa and Greek yogurt
    Snacks of almonds if I absolutely need it
    Lunch - BAS from the food tables a few doors down. I hope I can find a decent vinaigrette
    Dinner - leftover portabella pizza and maybe broccoli.

Exercise
    Got off a stop early from the train for extra walking this morning and afternoon
    C25K tonight - wk4 day3

Breakfast: 3 eggs scrambled with ham, a little cheese, tomatoes, spinach, topped with salsa and Greek yogurt
    Lunch: BAS
    Dinner: ? I have no idea. Today has been emotionally exhausting (and it's just noon). We might go out or have "breakfast for dinner". Maybe an omelet with tasty bacon. Bacon makes everything better, right?

Exercise: I have very weak wrists so it is hard for me to do push up, planks, etc. I ordered a set of pushup "handles" (?) so I can keep my wrist straight. I'm going to break them out tonight and see if they help.

A good, yet long weekend!
    DH has decided to "go primal" too! He said he would start after Easter and then ate primally all weekend He is Type 2. On Saturday, he took his meds as normal. I never even thought to tell him to cut them back. At 8 pm he said that he didn't feel right so he tested and his blood sugar was 51! Yikes! On Sunday he didn't take any meds and he was around 120 all day. Not too bad. He wants to watch for a few days before deciding if he should re-start his meds at a lower dose.

My family has found out about PB from a post I did on FB on Friday and they are all abuzz! My dad is very interested and maybe my sister, too. I think this is a "miracle" WOE for all the good it does but I want to make sure that they realize it's not a magic bullet and they still have to WORK!

I've also verified that this diet has a HUGE impact on my migraines. I ate a Cadbury cream egg yesterday (yes, I know...) and lo and behold, I had a migraine last night. First time in 3 weeks. In fact, I haven't had ANY headache in three weeks. Normally I would always have at least a little one. It's amazing how great it feels to be pain free!

On to a great new week!
    Breakfast - Coffee with cream and a little butter, late spinach protein shake
    Lunch - BAS
    Dinner - steak that we grilled last night. I'm not sure if I'll reheat it or make it into a salad with blu cheese. YUM! Also, I'm going to do something with a couple of zucchini but I'm not sure what plus a bowl of mixed berries
    Goal for today - no snacking!

Exercise - work on my pushups, planks, side planks. I ordered my pull up bar today so it should arrive Wednesday

I'm going to have DH hide the scale until May 1. It's stressing me out way too much :/ I ordered a good tape measure yesterday so I'm going to take my measurements tomorrow and again on May 1.

Last night I made "zucchini hash browns" (recipe from MDA) and they were great! I liked them better than real hash browns!

Breakfast - bullet proof coffee
    Lunch - BAS
    Dinner - eggs and veggies scramble

Exercise - Week 5 Day 2 of C25K

Yesterday was a rough, rough night. I was sick all night from the damn red bell peppers I ate in my salad at lunch. I just discovered that I like the taste but I also discovered that I seem to be very sensitive to them I basically did an IF from noon on because I couldn't keep anything down. I'm now gingerly sipping a protein shake but I feel like 50 shades of crap. Needless to say, I did not run yesterday.

Breakfast - tea, protein shake (just almond milk and whey protein)
    Snacks/lunch (if I can keep it down) - FF Greek yogurt and unsweetened applesauce, cottage cheese, cream of tomato soup
    Dinner - ham and broccoli frittata and fruit cup - DH and DS had this. I had a plain protein shake and a little yogurt and mushed up banana (which I regretted all night long)
    Last edited by jes1014; 04-05-2012 at 05:32 AM.
    Thread-killer extraordinaire
    My journal
    Primal since 3/10/12 - removed lap band 5/11/12
    207/186/160

This is not how I wanted to do an IF :/ Night two of puking my guts out all night. I cannot wait until I get this damn band out!
    Breakfast - tea and some ginger crackers
    Snack/lunch - yogurt & applesauce, cottage cheese, maybe a few nuts
    Dinner - hopefully I'll be able to handle scrambled eggs

No exercise tonight. I'm sore all over from the vomiting and have very, very low energy. On top of this, I get to spend all day today and tomorrow in an EEO class. Yay....
    My journal
    207/186/160

Finally starting to feel better!
    Breakfast - half a banana and a cup of yogurt/applesauce a bit later
    Lunch - I still have training but hopefully I can find some soup nearby. I'll try to stay as primal as possible but...
    Dinner - probably more eggs

Still very weak. I could hardly walk up the 3 flights to my office this morning where last week I could easily do it without being winded I'll restart my exercising on Sunday.
    My journal
    207/186/160

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Things are going well. I had my first full night's sleep in a week and that helps A LOT! I'm trying to see a dr. about getting the band removed but am facing some insurance woes. I finally got back on the C25K track last night with a repeat of wk5, day1. It was much tougher than last week! I can definitely tell I haven't been exercising at all the past week. The family did do a 3 mile "nature walk" on Sunday but it was seriously slow as the 5 yr old an I kept finding animals (worms, caterpillars, snakes). I also had DH hide the scale. It hasn't moved at all in 2 weeks and it was seriously putting me into a funk. I will weigh myself on the first of each month and THAT IS IT. I will also measure twice a month but I haven't done my "starting" measurements yet so... yeah.

Breakfast - protein smoothie with just half a banana
    Snack - half portion of almonds, 1 oz of jerky
    Lunch - BAS with tuna
    Dinner - burgers and roasted asparagus
    My journal
    207/186/160

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast