Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal journal: jes1014 page 3

jes1014 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Last night was LHT so I did 2 cycles of 40 wall push-ups (yes, I am a wussy girl), 60 squats, 45 seconds knee-forearm plank, 30 seconds knee-forearm side plank. My goal is to move to knee push ups and toe-forearm planks within the next two weeks.
    Tonight is the last day for c25k week 5. I hope it's not raining because I'm really looking forward to it! That is such a huge mind-shift for me! I showed DH a homemade pull-up station someone made and he said he'd make one for me He has embraced the primal diet but not the exercise yet. I'm hoping that having things he can do at home will help with that.

Last night I made the Nom Nom Paleo sweet potato hash and it was so good! I cooked it in half butter/half coconut oil. I topped mine with two fried eggs and left the burgers to the family. Delicious! Tonight I'm going to try to IF again after my run.
    Thread-killer extraordinaire
    My journal
    Primal since 3/10/12 - removed lap band 5/11/12
    207/186/160

I did my run last night and am quite pleased with myself. I did a personal best for distance and had to take only two brief walking breaks. Also, I busted out the tape measure and I have lost an inch from my hips and 1/2 inch from my waist in 3 weeks! My weight is holding pretty steady so I'm obviously gaining a lot of muscle I'm wearing a pair of low rise pants today that used to be so tight I had a muffin top (so, rarely worn unless with a big sweater!) and I am really worried they are going to slip down during the day!

I did an IF last night and it was a bit harder than Tuesday. I think it was because I ate pretty light during the day. Today should be interesting. I'm going to the zoo with my son's kindergarten class. 18 5 year olds The zoo is VERY hilly so I will get my walking in today!

Happy Friday!
    My journal
    207/186/160

I weighed today for the first time in a month and I'm down 5 lbs. One of my goals was to have a BMI of less than 30 by my birthday so I just have to lose 1 more pound in 13 days. I think I can do that!

I am also off my blood pressure medicine and my readings have been in the yellow range but very close to green.

I talked to my mom yesterday and my dad is seriously considering going Primal. He is well over 300 lbs, almost 70, and struggles with high blood pressure and other problems. I'm mailing him my copy of the book today and I have also been sharing some of my recipes with my mom. I really hope he makes the change. I know it will help him immensely!
    My journal
    207/186/160

Surprise, surprise! I decided to weigh today (since I had planned to do so on the first of each month) and I am 191! My BMI is now less than 30 and I am no longer clinically "obese"! 32 lbs to the normal range!!

Happy May Day
    My journal
    207/186/160

I ran wk6,day2 of the c25k program last night but I had to keep stopping because I was losing my pants! I had folded over the fabric on one side and use a binder clip to secure it but then the other side was dropping Time go shopping! I'm looking for some lightweight capris with a draw-string and am striking out (I'm still too chicken to run in shorts)

I'm now regularly doing an IF after my runs and I'm very pleased with the results! I have a pat of butter in my tea before bed and that's it (nothing since lunch). At breakfast, I'm a bit hungry but definitely not ravenous. It's kind of a hassle to bring breakfast to work and eat outside of the "normal" food times because of meetings and such but maybe next week I'll try just waiting until lunch.
    My journal
    207/186/160

I got a call from my surgeon's office and my surgery for lap band removal has been moved up to May 11! I cannot wait to get this out of me! When I was banded, I thought that it was the best decision for my health but now I see how misguided I was. PB has really helped me realize how strong I am and that I can be healthy on my own!

Things that I'm worrying about now:
    - I have to stay overnight in the hospital for observation after the surgery (as long as there are no complications - if there are, I have to stay a week and be fed intravenously ). I know my stomach will be very sore and swollen so I won't likely eat any solids. I just hope they let me stick with broth and don't try to force jell-o or pudding on me. I might make DH smuggle in a jar of coconut oil
    - I am very sad that I won't be able to run for a while. I feel like I was finally starting to "get" it and I'm worried this set-back is going to derail me
    - The doctor keeps telling me I'm going to regain the weight that I've lost. F-ing doctor. But, what if he's right?? I just want to be able to eat a nice salad and some steak, not a bunch of crappy food. Will I be able to maintain my weight-loss with different portions? Am I going to have to go back to counting calories?

Things I'm happy about:
    - My birthday is the 12th so I will begin my 37th year lighter than I have been in well over 15 years and without any torture devices in me
    - DH is getting me a spiffy bike for my birthday so hopefully I will be able to ride that even before I get back to running. I'm going to ride the tires off!
    - I am going to sign the family up for the community pool that is two blocks from our house. For once, I'm not DREADING wearing a swim suit. In fact, I had better try on the one I wore last year and make sure it doesn't fall off!
    My journal
    207/186/160

3 more days until my surgery and life begins again.
    I'm on almost all liquids right now but I do try to get in a solid meal at lunch time. Today it is zucchini fritters and cottage cheese. Not ideal but... I cannot wait to go to a Brazilian steak house after surgery and eat some MEAT! I made DH an awesome grilled steak and creamy primal coleslaw on Sunday and it looked great but I couldn't even manage a taste
    On the plus side, I got some papaya enzymes yesterday and a bottle of super probiotics to help heal my gut a bit and I am already noticing an improvement. At lot of the pressure has been reduced and I was even able to sleep comfortably last night.
    My journal
    207/186/160

Two more days until surgery.

I'll admit, I'm pretty down right now. I want to eat nice, healthy food and I can't keep it down. I want to exercise but I'm in so much pain and discomfort, it's really hard to push through. It was raining last night when I came home, just hard enough, plus I was feeling pretty crappy from the day so I didn't do my run. Of course, all of the negative talk came flooding back. Sigh. I thought I was making real progress in that area.

For dinner, I made some banana fritters from the pancake thread that was floating around (1 banana, 1 egg, a bit of vanilla, a bit of cinnamon mushed up and fried in coconut oil). I really liked how they tasted but couldn't keep them down. It just made me want to cry.

Crap.
    My journal
    207/186/160

I'm home from the hospital. Everything went very well and there were no complications. I'm on an exercise restriction for 2 weeks but I'm going to start walking my normal run route tomorrow.

My only gripe about the past two days was the food! They had me on clear liquid restriction until this morning so I had chicken "broth" (made from bullion), Italian ice pops, jello squares, juice with HFCS, and ice tea for two of my meals. When they moved me to "full liquids", they added in sugar free pudding, yogurt (2nd ingredient HFCS) and another crappy juice and skim milk. The nurses were kind of upset that I wasn't drinking the juice or eating the yogurt even after I pointed out the ingredients I did eat the Italian ice because just a small bowl of broth wasn't cutting it. I paid for that during the nigh - ringing headache and severe nausea. They had to give me a morphine shot I am certain it was from all of the sugar.

I'm sooo glad to get back to REAL food. I'm going to start tracking my intake closely in FitDay at least for a bit so I don't regain any weight. I am going to cut out my daily smoothies (that had at least half of a banana and a few pieces of frozen fruit), cut way back on dairy and nuts. Hopefully that will keep me on track!
    My journal
    207/186/160

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    We celebrated my birthday and Mother's day yesterday by eating on the deck and it was wonderful! We had grilled salmon, a nice salad with red onion, strawberries, pecans, and blue cheese vinaigrette followed by a flourless chocolate cake with raspberry sauce and chocolate cinnamon whip cream. Delicious! It's so nice to be able to eat following PB again and to keep my food down!

I'm on exercise restriction for a couple of weeks but I walked 1.5 miles yesterday and hope to do more today.

Happy Monday!
    My journal
    207/186/160

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast