Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal journal: jes1014 page 2

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by jes1014 View Post
    I ate a Cadbury cream egg yesterday (yes, I know...)
    I know that they are AWESOME.

jes1014 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post
    I know that they are AWESOME.
    You can quickly categorize people based on their opinion of the cream eggs. If I was doing an online dating profile, that would be one of my criteria.
    Thread-killer extraordinaire
    My journal
    Primal since 3/10/12 - removed lap band 5/11/12
    207/186/160

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jes1014 View Post
    You can quickly categorize people based on their opinion of the cream eggs. If I was doing an online dating profile, that would be one of my criteria.
    LOL.

I prefer people who hate them. Then I don't have to share.

climbergirl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay Panda View Post
    LOL.

I prefer people who hate them. Then I don't have to share.
    I've never had them, only heard of them lol. They must be fabulous
    My Journal!! (but start at page 10 lol) - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread26553.html

Weather weenie and bacon-addict who wants to get back to looking and feeling fabulous.

No more creme eggs!!! (until next year) Well, my son does still have one from his easter basket but I'm trying to ignore it

Another full night of sleep! Yay! And I have an appointment next week with a bariatric dr. about removing the band (love that "bariatric" is flagged as misspelled and "barbaric" is the replacement suggestion)

Breakfast - BP coffee, protein shake with less fruit
    Snack - Man, I am STARVING today - a couple of pieces of jerky and a hard boiled egg
    Lunch - BAS with tuna and spinach
    Dinner - cheesy scrambled eggs with Greek yogurt and salsa

Exercise - c25k, repeating w5d1 again. I don't want to progress the days until I can actually make it THROUGH the previous day.
    The town where I work has a big bike share program and there is a station right outside my office. I'm seriously considering joining so I can ride for 20 mins or so at lunch. The first 30 mins are free if you are a monthly member but I'm not sure if just 20 minutes is "worth" it - it all counts, right??

Happy Thursday!
    My journal
    207/186/160

I think I eat too much dairy (cream in coffee, yogurt, cheese - a lot of cheese) but I have a hard time eating meat so I use it for extra protein. I think I'm going to do a Whole30 as soon as I have my surgery. That should help move things along!
    My journal
    207/186/160

Weekend "discoveries"
    - I filled a huge ice tea jar with water and sliced citrus. Delicious! I drank 4 glasses in just the afternoon!
    - I love my Zoku popsicle maker. I bought it last year and didn't really do much with it (I was trying to do low fat and low sugar and you can imagine how good that tasted :/) Now I think it's awesome! Made pops with just strawberries and FF Greek yogurt and they were perfect
    - I have almost 0 upper body strength. I did the PEM test, minus the pull ups since I don't have a bar yet, and I am on the very first level for the push ups and planks. Heck, I got tired just doing the WALL push ups Squats, OTOH, I can do forever...
    - Having a water balloon fight with some of the kids and setting up a raised garden bed with cinder blocks will give you an entirely different kind of work out!
    My journal
    207/186/160

I am almost 7 weeks following PB and almost 7 weeks without a migraine or even a headache (okay, one smaller one related to PMS but I could control it easily with Excedrin so it doesn't count). This is so awesome! I've had migraines almost non-stop for 30 freaking years. If only I had known ages ago how *easy* it is to control with diet! Even if I don't lose any more weight (which seems likely right now...) the lack of headaches is worth the change!

I met with a bariatric doctor yesterday to discuss being de-banded. Of course, it's never that easy so I have to have a barium swallow on Monday and then take the results to the doctor on Tuesday. Hopefully we'll be scheduling surgery for the following week! Once the band is out, I want to do Whole30 for a bit and see if that helps the weight loss. Right now I have to rely on yogurt and cheese for protein since I can hardly eat meat. Of course the doctor told me I will likely "regain a significant amount of weight after the the band is remove". Nuh uh!! I am COMMITTED to keeping it off!!!! Oh, and I walked to and from the doctor's office yesterday for a total of 2.5 miles on top of my normal exercise. Go, me!
    My journal
    207/186/160

Due to lap band complications, I'm limited to mostly liquids and soft foods right now. Since Friday my diet has been protein spinach smoothie in the morning, something soft at lunch, and egg drop soup with just eggs, no veggies, in my awesome chicken broth for dinner. Today my lunch was 3/4 c. of TJ's marinara sauce/ground beef over 1/2 c. FF cottage cheese (tastes like lasagna without the noodles). I'm making burgers, sweet potato hash, broccoli, and strawberries for the family tonight. I might try a bit of the hash and 1/4 of the burger. I want to chew my food again!

I'm still doing the c25k but I'm repeating week 5 one more time until I can make it through without stopping at all. Last night I had to stop and walk just twice for 30 seconds each because of hills. Also, when I got home I wasn't hungry at all so I just had a cup of tea with a bit of butter and called it good. I never would have been able to do that before! And, I wasn't starving when I got up!

The stupid bariatric doctor told me again yesterday that I was going to regain all of the weight. I should have recorded him saying that. Nothing like using rage as a motivator! Got me up several hills last night!
    My journal
    207/186/160

Oh, and my birthday is May 12. My "wish list" that I gave to my husband was a bike with baskets so I can ride to the grocery store and a kettle bell
    My journal
    207/186/160

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast