Page 96 of 581 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146196 ... LastLast

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 96

KimT is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Happy Anniversary! sounds like you did well as far as celebrations go.

Our 13th anniversary is today. We went to breakfast yesterday and then out for Chinese in the evening for our celebration.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    so today - eggs and bacon, about a cup of Balti Butter Chicken (chicken breast cut into bite sized peices in an indian sauce), and now munching on some almond butter. There were left over cookies from our little celebration last night - I put them in a baggy and put them in freezer. The rum is tucked under the counter - not having any. I want to hit my next weight goal on Wednesday so I have to be very careful. We went for a 7 mile bike ride between football games this afternoon -- in a light rain shower!

I'm going to try to walk extra this week. I'll do 45 minutes in the morning before work, and try to do another 45 minutes after work.

Thursday we go to Las Vegas for 4 days. Its a buying show for the boatshop - so all expenses are paid by either the company putting on the show - or by the boatshop. We're looking forward to going - but I'm getting a little concerned about how well I do eating and "drinking" while we're there. I sorta don't want to have to really be super careful - but since grains cause fibro pain I will definitely not be cheating with that.

Its been a good weekend!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like you are doing great Tomi! I wish I had your dedication to activity every day. Maybe if you plan ahead and decide what you will cheat with? Saw the nor-cal margarita made with clear rum, not tequila somewhere and thought of you. Great job freezing the cookies. Keep it up and you will be a skinny thing for summer.
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Not sure whats happening......... scales were back up to 184 today. Could be some inflamation due to the bike ride yesterday - I used muscles I don't normally use when walking. Could also be residual "bloat" from the anniversary celebrations??? Whatever - I'm not terribly concerned or upset over it. Par for the course I suppose. But, I am going to fast today until dinner. Maybe that will help reset my system and by Wednesday I might see that smaller number in the scale again. Goal is 180 --- not looking promising at this point but stranger things have happened! I'll do what I can to burn some extra calories by walking twice a day and fasting as long as I can stand it.

The cookies didn't stay in the freezer last night either............ hubby wanted some homemade ice cream and cookies. There were 4 cookies left - I ate 2. Dang. Well at least now they are gone and will not tempt me. The kitchen is again clean of all bad foods - not counting the ice cream - but I can't eat it anyway (no lactaid pills). I wish I needed a pill to eat sugar and wheat.... that would definitely keep me from indulging. I know the cookies aren't the culprit in the scale climbing again cuz my overall calorie count was low yesterday. So, it has to be residual bloat.

Still having concerns about the Vegas trip. I need to decide how I'm going to handle this trip. Not so much worried about food - but am wondering how I will deal with the alcohol part. When I drink I bloat and I don't lose. I need to just stay focused on that single point - maybe it will be enough to keep me from wanting to have a drink with dinner or a nightcap.

Best get out there and get my morning walk in ---- bought new walking shoes over the weekend and I'm anxious to see how they feel
    Last edited by tomi; 10-15-2012 at 10:38 AM.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Quote Originally Posted by KimT View Post
    Happy Anniversary! sounds like you did well as far as celebrations go.

Our 13th anniversary is today. We went to breakfast yesterday and then out for Chinese in the evening for our celebration.
    Happy Anniversary!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

well............ maybe no walking this morning - I've just spent the last 20 minutes in the bathroom. Chocolate cookie induced maybe?

Not feeling good for sure............ ouch.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

okay - I managed to get in a 20 minute walk - roughly a mile. I'll try to do 2 more miles after work - even if I have to walk in the rain. New shoes are extremely light weight running shoes --- comfy -but will take some getting used to. feels like I'm barely wearing more than socks with a heavy sole.

gotta go shower now............ wish I didn't have to work. I could be really happy just being at home.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I did it! Rain and all just took my umbrella! - I walked for another 40 minutes so I can say I walked 3 miles today Yesterday hubby and I biked over to Keizer Rapids Park to check out the new boat launch area (impressive) -- so I've already logged 10 miles this week! SWEEEET! Since Jan 1 2012 I've logged just over 250 miles! not bad!

I fasted today until 6pm. So - 22 hour fast. Wasn't really hungry until I got home from my walk after work, and even then I probably could have waited longer - but I needed to take my vitamins - and I take some pretty heavy duty B vitamins - not good on an empty stomach unless you like barfing! So I had some almond butter --- took my pills and realized that wasn't enough food - so I scarfed down some home made smoked salmon (yum yum). I've had a grand total of 450 calories - and I'm not to interested in having anything else to eat tonight. We'll see how it goes. Its 7:45 pm now. I guess if I'm not hungry then I don't need to eat.

Talked to my sister today -- the one who lives a couple hours south of me. She's coming up the end of this week to spend a couple days with mom That means I might not have to take mom shopping.... maybe. Mom is pretty dependent on me now and I'm guessing she will tell my sister that I will be coming the following week so she doesn't need to go shopping while sister is there. Whatever...... I have to go to Dallas to take the MIL to her eye appt. anyway - so I can just by my moms afterwards and take her to do her stuff. Besides, I will have her pants that she asked me to order from the Blair catalog by then and I will need to hem them for her......... she buys petites, and then wants them hemmed cuz she like to wear them high water! I keep telling her they are too short - but she says she likes them that way. The hem rides just above her ankle! UGH!

Anyway --- we will be leaving for Vegas Thursday morning so I won't get see my sister this time. Sorta bummed about that. We don't get together very often as it is. This is my very overweight sister who also has fibromyalgia. She is doing better - says she lost 62 pounds since last November. Not sure what that means in terms of what she now weighs...... 300 something I guess. But she says she's forced to be more active since moving back to Oregon and being with her daughter and SIL and grand daughter! She says she feels better - less pain and fatigue! I'm so pleased to hear that! Just wish she would try the no grains approach - she'd be amazing at how much better she would feel!

Vegas............ trying to figure out what clothes to take. We're going to see a show - but neither one of us likes to dress up.... and we'll be spending most of the day before the show wandering around the strip looking at hotels and maybe doing some rides ???? so dressing "nice" isn't really an option. Jeans it is! I should decide if I'm taking the computer. I don't think the hotel has internet in the rooms --- I'm leaning on leaving the computer at home. I don't want to hassle with it going through security at the airport. As it is you practically have to strip down nekid to get through the metal detector! I once got the wand search because I forgot to take the metal hair clip out! UGH! Good thing I don't wear a lot of jewelry - mainly just my wedding ring. Sometimes I hate flying. I normally wear sweat pants and comfortable easy to take off shoes. and an easy on/off jacket.

Oh well............ can't wait to go! I love traveling with my hubby! We have a blast together no matter what we're doing. Been thinking about looking for a "lacy" something to surprise him......... but sheesh....... seems like such a waste of money! Probably won't......... and I'd hate how I looked in it anyway. When I get down to my goal weight - I will buy some sexy little things to make his eyes pop out!!

Probably should go........... I'm rambling on and on about pretty much nothing...........
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

its time to go to bed -- all I eaten today is almond butter and smoked salmon (no, not at the same time). Feeling a little hungry - but not going to eat. Will probably have some bacon for breakfast in the morning.

total calories: 630 carbs 10%, fats 65%, proteins 25% Not bad numbers - but calories are pretty low.

will do another 3 miles tomorrow. I'm feeling doubtful that I will make goal weight this week. bummer.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    gosh vivi ---- sorry to hear about that! Here - let me put you out of your misery with this little triangle of death!

So apparently 630 calories and 10% carbs isn't conducive to getting any sleep. A sweet potato starting calling to me around 12:30 am ................ I succumed. It was yummy! tastes like pure goodness with lots of butter!

Just had a little chat with my neice on fb too. They have been fostering a little boy - got him at 3 days old, right from the hospital. Mom is a meth head -- and this is her 3rd child! I say its time to sterilize mom! My neice and her husband want to adopt the little boy - I think he's 5 months old now. But the family who adopted his 1/2 sister wants him - and they have first choice. My neice and her husband are heart broken. But - they were told not to get attached because the likelihood of them getting to adopt this little guy was slim to none. They knew from the gitgo that the other family had said they would take him. I feel so bad for them - but thats a part of the fostering game ---- there's no promise that you get to keep any of them. They want more kids - they have one daughter of their own, but decided not to have more. They figured fostering was a good avenue but I don't think they counted on the kid being taken away by another family. Sorta naive I think.

I need to take my car to get the tires rotated and balanced in the morning. there is a part right across the street so I think I'll just do my walking while they take care of my tires. I hope it isn't raining.

I need to call for the hotel shuttle to pick us up at the airport too. Its free - but you have to make reservations 24 hours in advance. So I need to call by noon on Wednesday. Our connecting flight in LA didn't have a seat assignment for us either so I need to call the airlines and check on that. It allowed us to make the reservation - but all the seats available were marked for "Gold Card" travelers. I don't know what that means for us. Hope we don't get bumped to a later flight. Course, sometimes when they bump you they compensate you with free tickets. That wouldn't be so bad.

I haven't flown anywhere in almost 2 years - last trip was to Florida, then to San Juan for our cruise. What a great vacation that was!!!! Universal Studios - all the giant roller coasters! We had so much fun! Front row on the Jurassic Park ride --- down the waterfall............ soaking wet! Harry Potters castle was amazing! Real moving pictures just like in the movies. It was all so much fun! Probably won't ever do a vacation like that again. Next big vacation will likely be Hawaii -- next year. If we can save the money for it. All depends on how the business goes this next year. Hard to say.........

So.......... still sweating the scales on Wednesday. I know whatever it is........ it is. Period. I'm doing my best to bring it down. I can't do more than that. I can control what goes in and I can control how much I move --- thats all. The rest is strictly chemistry! I shouldn't be so set on reaching those weekly goals. I rarely do anyway. The biggest thing is that I want to be at goal weight by my next birthday --- July 25th. I still have 49 pounds to lose. Do-able - yes! but also not terribly likely given my weight loss history. Doc says lose it SLOWLY........... well I can't lose it so slowly that I don't feel I'm making any progress! I need to feel and see things progressing.

I go in for my well woman exam on the 30th -- I should be 10 pounds lighter than the last time I was in. should be if I can keep losing at a steady rate. UGH! I put too much pressure on myself.

better go see if I can fall asleep now. Sorry I'm so boring lately...........
    Read post #2626
    my motivation