Page 86 of 611 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896136186586 ... LastLast

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 86

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    Hey, Pedidoc -- we're cross posting on each others journals!
    As usual!
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Today I have three really large whole chicken breasts roasting in the crockpot with some homemade chicken broth, rosemary, oregano, thyme, and copious amounts of butter. Oh, and about 4 finely chopped cloves of garlic and lots of paprika! It looks beautiful so let's hope it tastes as beautiful! The fridge reeks like garlic right now after having the whole mess in the porcelain part of the crockpot in the fridge the last two days. I put it all together Monday completely forgetting I had class on Tuesday, so it's sat a couple days. I'll make up some mashed potatoes for hubby and the kids and some gravy from the broth. Yum! Can't wait!

And I agree. You don't look anywhere CLOSE to 52.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Jenn, do you add liquid when you use the slow cooker for chicken breasts? I've only made a whole chicken and stews in mine, I think! I also had a pretty failed pork loin. It ended up really dry, though it came apart quite easily.

Also agreed on the Tomi-looks-much-younger-than-52 bandwagon
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

I use homemade chicken broth, which I freeze in ice cube trays. I pop about 6-8 ice cubes into the crock pot and cook on low from about 7 am to about 6 pm. I really need to get a crockpot with a timer on it.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    I'm struggling to get back on the horse!!!! I'm starting over on the 21 day challenge cuz I blew the weekend --- but here it is wednesday and I'm still not fully back on board. OK -- today is the day!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I fell off this weekend too. Climbed back on Monday. You can do it too.

breakfast - 3 eggs. Several glasses of water.

TMI warning!!!!!!

so --- since getting my thyroid up into the "slightly over-compensated" range my chronic diarrhea has morphed into always slightly constipated. UGH! I had to take a couple magnesium pills again. Thats twice in the past week. I will easily go 2-3 days between bm's now. Better than not being able to leave the house because I'm stuck on the potty all day though! But -- now I can't go walking because I'm waiting for the pills to do their thing. The last thing I want is to be 1/2 hour away from home and have the process begin! I'm getting some pretty severe cramping and gurgling noises so I'd say they are working........

I just read a funny thread about "being hit on more since going primal". Nope --- can't say I have been. But, can't say I watch for it either. I do think my skin and hair look healthier. I don't even use conditioner anymore cuz I don't seem to need it. And I very rarely use lotion - but I do use Olay body wash with Shea Butter --- I guess thats part of it. I don't want to be hit on anyway -- I'm very happily married and have no desire for a man other than my husband to have "those" kinds of thoughts about me. And he's always telling me I'm beautiful so I certainly don't need it from any other man.

I do have lots of people ask me if I was 10 when I had my son - who is 26. thats feels good. But I've always looked young for my age -- when I was 22 I was pulled over by a policeman. He said "you didn't do any wrong, you just look too young to drive, I need to see your drivers license" ........... he ran it, came back and said, "you look about 14" I was driving a little sports car and he thought I was out joyriding in my dads car. I thought that was funny - and I smiled all the way home.

I wonder what I'll look like when I get the rest of this blubber off of me.......... hopefully younger and healthier!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I've been using Vitamin C for my constipation and it works in about an hour. 1,000-2,000mg gets me going.

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I've been using Vitamin C for my constipation and it works in about an hour. 1,000-2,000mg gets me going.
    I take 1000mg Vitamin C every morning - doesn't do a thing for me.

Magnesium - WORKS!!!

NOTE TO SELF: ONE magnesium pill should work just fine - 2 pills is definitely overkill!!!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Magnesium doesn't work for me. For Vit C, I guess some people need to take more (upwards of several grams). First, you have to saturate your system. Everybody's different!