Page 74 of 518 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684124174 ... LastLast

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 74

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by marcadav View Post
    You can do it!
    Thanks, Marcadav! Thats what I need a cheerleader! (I used to be one........ 35 years ago!)

Are you going to join me on the 21 day challenge?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

So, day 1 went well. I've decided I'm not going to weigh myself until the 21 days are over. I did get a baseline wt. I ended the day and finished off my calories with a couple TBs of almond butter. Its a bit bland, but I'm getting used to it. Peanut butter has a much fuller flavor - but could be because they add sugar, mollases and salt. When I got the jar of almond butter all the oils had separated and were sitting on top so I emptied the jar into a bowl so I could stir it all back together. I added about a 1/4 cup of honey, maybe less, I didn't measure. It bumped up the flavor just enough to make it palitable. So, if honey counts as sugar then I'm not 100% sugar free on my 21 day challenge. But, what can that minute amount of honey do to derail all the other good? I mean, its 1/4 cup added to 2 cups of almond butter --- and I eat 2 TBs a day. Its not enough to even think about.

I'm trying to gear up to start my walk - but there is such a chill in the air this morning! I'm wondering if a light jacket is in order? Yesterday I waited until 11 am to start out and I wore a long sleeved light tee, by the time I was done the sun was high enough to make me have to push my sleeves up above my elbows! I'll have to step out and see how chilly the air truly is this morning.

Hubby is leaving for his annual guy boat trip in the morning. Sad day.......... I love that he takes this trip every year - but I miss him terribly while he's gone. I made a big bowl of mango chutney for them - its SO good! Just chop up cucumber, onion, cilantro, and mango. Add a little salt and pepper. Its yummy! I did put in a splash of lime juice in this batch. Not they really need my contribution....... They eat like KINGS on this yearly trip! I heard them mention things like Lobster, and Sword Fish the other day! They spend nearly as much on food as they do for fuel for the the truck and the boat! But - its their thing and they all love it! They've been doing this for about 8 years now. They always go north, the first year to the Columbia, then every year they've ventured a little further north. Last year they went up to Canada to Princess Louisa island or passage or something. This year they've dialed back the compass to just the Pudget Sound near and around Discovery Bay. I think they've decided its not the destination but the company that is the most important! Gotta love that!

I'm skipping breakfast until after I walk............ better get this body in motion!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

1 hour walk accomplished! I'm pretty proud of myself. Another 3 miles to log for my yearly total.

I came home and cooked 4 strips of bacon. I love bacon! It makes me happy!

Now.......... work. UGH. Yesterday it was so freakin' cold in my "work space" that I had to wrap a blanket around me! Today I'm going to ask if the vents can be closed.

We might be signing papers today to get the refi started. Scary.......... but changing to a 15 year mortgage at 2 3/4% will save us a boatload of money - AND pay off the house just in time to retire! AWE......... I love that word............. RETIRE! 67 years and hopefully our country will still have SS to retire on. Otherwise.......... nope, no retirement for us.

better get my tooshie moving.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    I share your fears of no SS... I have a bit longer to go before retirement though... try 35 years compared to your 15... I think even after I retire though, I'd have to have a part time job doing something I love - not for the money, but for the joy of doing the work. Currently, I'm dreaming of working the garden center at Menards! lol Or at a nursery (garden nursery) like Wallace Garden Center or something like that.

I'm amazed that you can keep your calories so low. I always feel so unfulfilled when I eat 1200 or fewer calories. Maybe that will change as I lose more weight and change my body composition more.

I never thought to add honey to my almond butter! Good idea!

By the way, fiber is counted under carbs with sugar, so something is wrong with the calculations CK gave you. Unless CK doesn't count fiber as a carb and pulls those numbers out of the carb numbers for a net carb percentage instead of a total carb percentage, in which case that's could be misleading.

Anyhow, have a nice day at work. Stay warm!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    I feel you on the cold at work. My cube is located in line with some vents, so I get pretty chilly under the air-conditioning. I keep a sweatshirt at work (really should take it home to wash hehe).
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Sabine is online now Senior Member
    Half a pound a month?!? How could you even tell you were losing? Your yearly loss of 6 pounds would be a normal fluctuation for many people. I think your doctor is whacked.

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    Wow..chilly in the morning..it has been pleasant in the mornings here but still warm in the afternoons. Yea for you in your success today. You can do this
    One thing you might think about is limiting carbs to under 30. That is what helps me. I am Type II so that makes a difference. IT is a constant struggle to keep my BS down. Just a thought

keep up the good work!
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Quote Originally Posted by valmason01 View Post
    Wow..chilly in the morning..it has been pleasant in the mornings here but still warm in the afternoons. Yea for you in your success today. You can do this
    One thing you might think about is limiting carbs to under 30. That is what helps me. I am Type II so that makes a difference. IT is a constant struggle to keep my BS down. Just a thought

keep up the good work!
    Yes, the low carb/high fat/moderate protein is what I'm shooting for. Yesterday 24 grams of carbs - today will be similar. Its hard to that when you LOVE sweet potatos and the fall squash! GRRR.......... oh well, its only for a season, right?

The weather was nice for walking this morning. Thanks!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Half a pound a month?!? How could you even tell you were losing? Your yearly loss of 6 pounds would be a normal fluctuation for many people. I think your doctor is whacked.
    I know........ she's a GREAT doctor though - and she said her reasoning behind the extremely slow weight loss was for sustainability and training my body and mind to only ask for the calories it needs. Makes sense - but that slow pace would never work for me......... and I'm not going to spend the next 8 years trying to get to my goal weight! I plan to have this weight off my next summer!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I feel you on the cold at work. My cube is located in line with some vents, so I get pretty chilly under the air-conditioning. I keep a sweatshirt at work (really should take it home to wash hehe).
    Swap it out for another one....... Something that makes you happy - couldn't hurt to add a little emotional lift to the work place!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals: