Page 67 of 521 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117167 ... LastLast

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 67

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    This is the one I bought. I buy it in single jars from a local grocer (and Walmart carries it as well in the baking supplies section).

Amazon.com: Spectrum Naturals - Coconut Oil Organic, 14 oz liquid: Health & Personal Care
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Judg View Post
    Yes, the daily walking will help a lot. Even before going primal, I could see the difference it made.

I find weight loss or gain sometimes shows up on the scale two days later instead of the next morning. Not sure why, but it doesn't really matter. You've got something that works now, don't overthink it. Just keep plugging away. This stuff never moves in a straight line.
    Boy - can I get an AMEN to that! Weight loss is the most frustrating thing in the world! We think we should have total control over it right? I mean......... you eat less than you burn and you lose weight! Isn't that the way its supposed to be? Nope........ In the LONG run it works that way........... but its not a direct corralation between the two for sure!

Yes I will keep my eye on the goal and stay the course... I do believe I have found the right approach and I'm sticking with it for a bit. I was wondering if you should give this a try - b/c I've noticed a JUMP in my energy level since starting. My numbers look like this: Carbs 35 gms, Protein 60 gms, Fats 90 gms. Mind you those are my GOALS. I've done good at hitting the fat grams but have slightly overshot both carbs and proteins nearly every day. I think I had one day that I was almost exactly on. I know you don't like to track so maybe this wouldn't work for you. But you could just try easing back on the protein and carbs and upping the fats. Since it seems your calories are pretty good where they are - your weight continues to drop! YOU'RE SO CLOSE TO YOUR GOAL!!!!! I'm so excited for you!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    never heard of it! I'll see if I can find it - but I still have 1/2 gallon of CO sitting on my counter. Mostly I use it to soften my FEET! HAHAHA!!! Maybe my sister would want it - she bought some from my a while back. Thanks for the suggestion!
    Tomi, I buy Spectrum Organic Coconut Oil. It is refined and has no coconut flavor. Walmart has it for around $6. Albertson's has it for a lot more($9-11, IIRC) and Fred Meyer may carry it but I cant remember.

Marcadav! thanks! haven't heard from you in a while --- thought maybe you'd gotten bored. I hate shopping at Walmart - but I may have to give it a shot. I don't do Albertson's. I used to live in Boise........ the Albertson's are big there as that is where the first store was opened. The families are everywhere -- and ALL VERY WEALTHY! Not that there is anything wrong with capitalism......... but Albertson's is known for having the highest prices around - and the food is the same as everywhere else. I never liked the service there either.

Keizer certainly needs a WINCO - don't you think? I had heard Walmart was coming to the Keizer Station, so Roths decided to close the Keizer store cuz they were just not making it anyway ---- but then I heard Walmart backed out. What do you hear? I guess I would shop at Walmart if it were that close.
    Last edited by tomi; 08-30-2012 at 03:15 PM. Reason: typos
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

Not bored. I read your journal and MDA,in general, everyday. I just don't have much to say.

I hate WINCO. It always seems dirty and crowded. The food is bad at times and bagging groceries one handed takes forever and holds up the line, which stresses me out. I generally shop Safeway and Albertson's and buy things on sale/stock up.

I will get groceries at Walmart if I'm there for other things. That's not often since I go to the one by the airport and that's not down the street. I hate the one on Lancaster.

Last I heard, the powers that be (Citizens against something)were still legally fighting Walmart coming to Keizer.Something about disturbing the neighborhood and too much traffic. That was months ago.

You know, we should do lunch, a walk, or something.

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    This is the one I bought. I buy it in single jars from a local grocer (and Walmart carries it as well in the baking supplies section).

Amazon.com: Spectrum Naturals - Coconut Oil Organic, 14 oz liquid: Health & Personal Care
    thanks, Jenn --- Marcadav gave me the same product info
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

Quote Originally Posted by marcadav View Post
    Not bored. I read your journal and MDA,in general, everyday. I just don't have much to say.

I hate WINCO. It always seems dirty and crowded. The food is bad at times and bagging groceries one handed takes forever and holds up the line, which stresses me out. I generally shop Safeway and Albertson's and buy things on sale/stock up.

I will get groceries at Walmart if I'm there for other things. That's not often since I go to the one by the airport and that's not down the street. I hate the one on Lancaster.

Last I heard, the powers that be (Citizens against something)were still legally fighting Walmart coming to Keizer.Something about disturbing the neighborhood and too much traffic. That was months ago.

You know, we should do lunch, a walk, or something.
    I don't care for WINCO either - same reasons - but Keizer needs some variety and price competitors. I mainly do all my shopping at FM. I dont' understand why people say its too expensive. Its cheaper than Safeway!

ONE handed? I don't get it.........either you have a child on your hip - or you are missing a limb? Hope that doesn't sound insensitive............ I've looked, but I haven't seen your journal - do you have one? You should - then we can all visit and give you support and advice!

I think a Walmart at Keizer Station would be a very bad idea --- there is only 2 entrances and they are both off Lock Haven. I think it would cause a lot more traffic out there - and I don't go to Lancaster at all - unless we're going to Outback I have to go to Dallas on fridays to take my mom shopping - and she likes to go to the Walmart there - HATE it! I used to work for American Greetings and one my stores was the Walemart by the airport - probably the cleanest and nicest one in town - and I still didn't like going there.

I work over the lunch hour every day but friday - and on that day I'm with my mom in Dallas. Maybe a morning walk sometime?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    I don't care for WINCO either - same reasons - but Keizer needs some variety and price competitors. I mainly do all my shopping at FM. I dont' understand why people say its too expensive. Its cheaper than Safeway!

ONE handed? I don't get it.........either you have a child on your hip - or you are missing a limb? Hope that doesn't sound insensitive............ I've looked, but I haven't seen your journal - do you have one? You should - then we can all visit and give you support and advice!

I think a Walmart at Keizer Station would be a very bad idea --- there is only 2 entrances and they are both off Lock Haven. I think it would cause a lot more traffic out there - and I don't go to Lancaster at all - unless we're going to Outback I have to go to Dallas on fridays to take my mom shopping - and she likes to go to the Walmart there - HATE it! I used to work for American Greetings and one my stores was the Walemart by the airport - probably the cleanest and nicest one in town - and I still didn't like going there.

I work over the lunch hour every day but friday - and on that day I'm with my mom in Dallas. Maybe a morning walk sometime?
    I don't have journal. As to the one handed comment--I have all my limbs. However, some do not function properly.

I have cerebral palsy, left side predominately affected. The farther from my brain, the less mobility/dexterity I have. For me, that means, among other things, very little fine motor skills in my left hand and foot. I have contracture of the wrist, can't turn my hand to palm up, and depending on the type of hold my wrist collapses if I try to hold much weight in my hand.

If I ever get stopped for suspicion of DUI and am asked to do the tandem walk I will fail as I have negative ankle flexibility making the heel/toe walk impossible.. Good thing I never drink and drive.

I didn't think your question was insensitive. I've talked about my CP before so I thought you knew.

A morning walk would be fun.

Oh gosh........... I didn't know - I must have missed that part........ then again - my memory sucks! fibromyalgia does that! We all have handicaps I guess. I can see how shopping at WINCO could be difficult. Have you found if changing your diet has does anything for the CP? I'm sorry I don't know much about it. I'm pretty interested in medical stuff, but I haven't done any reading on CP - maybe cuz I've never known anyone who had it.

I'm glad you didn't think I was being insensitive --- one of the pitfalls of written communication --- its hard to put "emotion" into the text.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

Okay --- missed the mark again today. Total calories 1100. Carbs: 24%. Proteins: 21%.Fat: 55% Perfect on the proteins, to high on carbs and too low on fats. I always underestimate the carbs in veggies. tonight I had a 5 oz slice of sweet potato, plus 1/3 plate of mixed steamed veggies. I need to have one or the other but not BOTH! Tomorrow I will do better. To weigh or not to weigh in the morning............. hum............. ????

I don't have to take mom shopping tomorrow, she wants to wait until next week - yeah! that gives me an entire day to clean this house and take care of my own stuff! I want to do some yard stuff too. I'll try to walk 1.5 miles again tomorrow - keep that up for a week and then I'll up to 2 miles. If I can hold at 2 miles 5 days a week I will be very happy with that! Maybe on the weekends we can add in some bike rides.

looking up!!!! in heart and soul!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals: