Page 63 of 599 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113163563 ... LastLast

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 63

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    oh - vinyl siding........... ours is 12 years old, and beginning to get a bit brittle. What I hate about it is that its hard to clean cuz its not a solid surface --- you know, it sorta moves when you touch it. Also - in the Oregon weather it gets very mildewy and dirty. The bid to have it all cleaned is $525. I think we're gonna do it. Have to make sure this company is licensed and bonded first though.

the other thing I don't like about it is that you can't really paint it. You're stuck with the color for all eternity! Ours is a very pail yellow with white trim. BORING!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Things I choose to let go:

All grains - including rice
    Refined sugars
    Legumes - including peanut butter
    Nuts and nut butters
    Alcohol and soda
    Chocolate
    Acidic foods, such as pineapple and tomato
    Coffee and tea
    Eggs
    Curry
    White potato
    Dairy - including butter

I'm choosing to do this......... I don't HAVE to.

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

I wish they made something for snoring spouses! My husbands snore wakes me up - and then he starts this thing where he snores on the inhale - and growls on the exhale! What the heck is that all about? I wake up to pee and can't go back to sleep because there is some kind of construction zone going on in his throat! GRRRR!!!

So - I'm sitting in a dark dining room checking MDA to see if there is anything I have to say - or anything entertaining to read on the boards. I'm thinking NO on both accounts. So, I guess I'll go back to bed and see if my earplugs will give me a little quiet so I can fall asleep again.

Hope you all are having a quiet and peaceful nights sleep.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Refined sugars
    Nuts and nut butters
    Alcohol and soda
    Chocolate
    Coffee and tea
    Eggs
    Curry
    White potato
    Dairy - including butter

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Ugh........ I'm functioning on 3 hours of sleep. I don't know what the deal was last night but I was freezing cold! Hubby said the cool felt good........ have I stepped through some weird role reversal mirror or something? It always just to opposite. Since I've been taking the Armour to INCREASE my thyroid function - my body temps have been dropping. Very weird. I finally put a big fuzzy blanket over my side of the bed when hubby got up to go to work - I warmed up and fell asleep. But I still woke up every hour to pee.

I'm back down to 189 again this morning. I pee'd 2 pounds of water yesterday and last night! I wonder that measures? A gallon weighs 8 pounds right? If thats right, then I pee'd a quart of water out! Sheesh! And after reading through a thread about balancing macros I've decided instead of increasing my carbs I'm going to increase fats and decrease proteins. Info ala' Paleobird. So starting today I'm back to eating eggs fried in butter for breakfast, and I'm going to check the label on my favorite almonds to see what the carb content is. I haven't had in any in so long I don't remember. So, if meat averages 7 grams of protien per ounce then I should be looking at eating approx. 6-7 ounces of meat and 3 eggs. That will get me to 65 grams total. Paleobird says go for your desired weight in kilos. I want to be 135 pounds. Divide that by 2.2 and you get 61.3. So I'll round it up to 65 and that will be my daily goal for protein. I'll keep carbs low, and increase fat. The whole thought of increasing fat scares the crap out of me! But, its worth a try cuz I've been reading other stuff about high fat actually causing weight loss. I read something the other day about this doctor guy.......... at the eating academy website. His thing is supper high fat. I'm going to give it a couple months to see what happens --- but if I see a gain after a couple weeks I might bale.

I have to go in early today to the office so I should get my little self moving. I think I'll bag the shower and just throw on some jeans and makeup and go. Also one of the benefits of menopause -- I can easily go a day or 2 without washing my hair - so showers are quick and easy!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Refined sugars
    Nuts and nut butters
    Alcohol and soda
    Chocolate
    Coffee and tea
    Eggs
    Curry
    White potato
    Dairy - including butter

work was short and sweet. The managers off next week and I am technically his back up...... which is totally stupid cuz I only work like 10 hours a week. But he hired me to help take some of the load off of him so when he's gone on vacation I'm the go to girl. I'm the only one with a key to his office and I have privileges that others don't. It helps being a close family friend to the big boss - he tells the manager I have his explicit trust in all matters. I've worked at this place since 2001, except for a couple years hiatus. Sometimes I think I should find a different job - but I have too much freedom and stuff at the job. And I really love being around the medical community.

whatever...........

I stopped at the store and bought some almonds! yeah! I have missed my almonds. I should probably get the "raw" ones, but they seem to be tasteless and chewy - yuck. I like the roasted almonds that are coated with cinnamon. YUM!

I was wondering how on earth I'm going to eat 70% of my calories in the form of fats! But - my log says I'm currently at 71%. So, I just need to fry my hamburger patty in bacon grease, put LOTS of butter on the cauliflower mash - and maybe use a little honey mustard for dipping. EEESH...... this really goes against my "low fat" mindset! Even after eating "primal" for almost a year I still struggle with the idea of losing weight eating a diet HIGH in healthy fats. Its just counter-intuitive to me. But, I'm gonna do it - cuz the other stuff I'm doing isn't working. I've been playing ping-pong between 188 and 192 for ALL of 2012. Its time to break this cycle and start to see some weight loss. I'm also curious to see if eating higher fat will increase my energy levels - as I've read many people experience. I could use a little more energy.

Tomorrow I'm meeting on old friend for lunch! I'm very excited! Right now -- I'm going outside to re-build a small flower bed in from of my porch.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Refined sugars
    Nuts and nut butters
    Alcohol and soda
    Chocolate
    Coffee and tea
    Eggs
    Curry
    White potato
    Dairy - including butter

marcadav is offline Senior Member
    Snoring is a sign of sleep apnea. Your husband should have it checked out by his doctor.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    My husband was diagnosed with sleep apnea. He hasn't used his machine in probably 5 years b/c he didn't want it to scare our little guy. His snoring seems to be improving (or maybe I'm sleeping heavier) because I'm not being awoken by him as much and recently I haven't had to kick him to stop the snores.

Good luck with your experiment! I'm interested in seeing what happens b/c I'm also still at 188/189/190. *eye roll*
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Okay --- I'm happy to report that today the scale says .............. 188 yeah! I'm so excited to see that number again! I'm going for a walk.

today I'm meeting an old high school friend for lunch! I'm very excited! She was my best friend for several years until she decided she liked the party life better than the stay sober life....... heart breaking. At 17 she was pregnant, had to drop out of her senior year. She's now 52 and a GREAT grandmother. (I'm not even a first time grandmother). Her family has a long history of teen pregancies. Let hope the great granddaughter can break the cycle.

anyway - its going to be a good day!
    Last edited by tomi; 08-24-2012 at 10:55 AM.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Refined sugars
    Nuts and nut butters
    Alcohol and soda
    Chocolate
    Coffee and tea
    Eggs
    Curry
    White potato
    Dairy - including butter

Richardmac is offline Senior Member
    Really pleased to hear that things are going well just now, and that that 'Drop' you could feel has started. how was lunch with your friend?

Good for you upping your fats. I would say though that if you are partaking in exercise ala Marks LHT programme I would start upping the protein again. When I say things like that to my clients they moan about not wanting to get big man muscles. I then have to tell them a shortened version (for my own sanity if nothing else) that to get big man muscles you have to eat like a big man. What I mean is if I wanted to be 20 stone, eating like a 10 stone person wouldnt cut it.

Once I get through to them that eating protein and working out (bodyweight movements are perfectly adequate) will tone their muscles (the word tone brings smiles to them - even though toning is building .... Dont get me started haha) and I then have the pleasure of informing them that this increase In lean body mass no matter how small has the added benefit that more lean body mass burn more calories when rested than fat does. What this means is that even when your sitting watching tv your body will burn more calories just to maintain normal bodily functions.

So up your fat, and if you are exercising up your protein and watch the scale tumble downwards. Oh I meant to add. Along with almonds try sunflower seeds....loads of fat and protein in them. Yum.

That was bordering on a rant haha.

Richard
    Last edited by Richardmac; 08-24-2012 at 11:11 AM.
    It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Richardmac View Post
    Really pleased to hear that things are going well just now, and that that 'Drop' you could feel has started. how was lunch with your friend?

Good for you upping your fats. I would say though that if you are partaking in exercise ala Marks LHT programme I would start upping the protein again. When I say things like that to my clients they moan about not wanting to get big man muscles. I then have to tell them a shortened version (for my own sanity if nothing else) that to get big man muscles you have to eat like a big man. What I mean is if I wanted to be 20 stone, eating like a 10 stone person wouldnt cut it.

Once I get through to them that eating protein and working out (bodyweight movements are perfectly adequate) will tone their muscles (the word tone brings smiles to them - even though toning is building .... Dont get me started haha) and I then have the pleasure of informing them that this increase In lean body mass no matter how small has the added benefit that more lean body mass burn more calories when rested than fat does. What this means is that even when your sitting watching tv your body will burn more calories just to maintain normal bodily functions.

So up your fat, and if you are exercising up your protein and watch the scale tumble downwards. Oh I meant to add. Along with almonds try sunflower seeds....loads of fat and protein in them. Yum.

That was bordering on a rant haha.

Richard
    Not ranting - I appreciate the input and encouragement! I don't do much in the way of LHT - yesterday I rebuilt a small concrete paver wall and that was a lot of lifting! (My hubby was quite impressed) I try to walk at least 1 mile everyday, and I'm working up to making that 2 or 3 miles. I'll keep the protein where it is for now. Yesterday I hit my numbers almost perfectly!! carbs: 10%. Fats: 65%. Proteins: 25% with total calories at 1093. I know -- you might think thats a pretty low number -- but I have a pretty slow metabolism. At 1500 cal. I maintain my weight. I have never been able to eat like "normal" people. I feel good so far about the change in upping the fat and lowering the protein. Like I said, its counter-intuitive to my CW thinking of the olden days --- but it makes sense.

Its only 10:25 where I am in the world - so I haven't had lunch yet - but I'll come back and tell ya how it went when I get home this afternoon!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Refined sugars
    Nuts and nut butters
    Alcohol and soda
    Chocolate
    Coffee and tea
    Eggs
    Curry
    White potato
    Dairy - including butter

Richardmac is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Good for you. If it works do it. Your making positive changes and thats whats really important.

I have had clients who havnt lost weight and I got them to eat MORE. It works. Something to think about for the future.

Well done you for getting stuck in with the hard graft, no wonder hubby was impressed. Next he'll come home to you wearing a tool belt and hammering up dry wall.

The LHT programme can be really simple. Check out my log to see how im structuring my week.

Richard
    It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.