Page 61 of 550 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 61

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I stepped on the scale over lunch today in my workout clothes, after run 30 minutes worth of run/walk intervals. It said 188.0. That's the BMI scale. Then I stepped on the body fat scale and it said 188.2.

I hope my scale at home agrees tomorrow. I'll officially give up on it if it does not. Might be time to buy a new one anyway. Have had this one since 2004-2005 timeframe. The one previous I had required me to set a 10 lb weight on it, adjust the dial, remove said weight and then climb on myself to get an accurate reading! Funny stuff.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Hi tomi, just stopped in here, I realized have never read your journal. Lots of interesting stuff! I love your sig line - I am going to put that on my refrigerator.
    Welcome

I have it on my fridge and on my computer - taped under the screen so I see it constantly! Hope it works for you too!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

I have "eat for the body you want, not the body you have" on my pantry door and fridge door.

Richardmac is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    Richard --- I totally agree its a slippery slope between "indulging" - "over-indulging" - and "abusing". I would say when the rum is in my home I tend to "abuse". I think the years of drinking for the pain relief and sleep inducing benefits have caused a pattern to develope. Its weird, cuz if I don't have any rum in the house - I don't really even think about it - but if its here - I'm wanting to drink it. I guess that means I should NOT have it in the house. Since changing my diet to primal standards -- I rarely have fibro pain (as long as I stay the course!) --- and I've found a great sleep aid - Schiff makes a pill called "Knock Out" - its Melatonin 3 mg and 2 other things. It works really good as long as I take it about 45 minutes before I plan to go to bed -- and as long as nothing wakes me up within an hour of going to sleep. So, there is really no reason for me to drink anymore - other than the taste and the relaxation it offers.

Pedidoc --- I do remember you mentioning a possible job change that would keep you local! Wouldn't that be awesome! I really hope you get the position and things will start to ease up in your busy life. When was the last time you and hubby got away together for some fun and relaxation?

Okay......... I'm patting myself on the back -- I went grocery shopping today for the family bbq this weekend - and because my stash of egg and veggies is running low. I wasn't even tempted to buy any dark chocolate or almonds! I bought a plantain - cuz I've been wanting to try fried plantain for eons! I got zucchini and yellow squash, brocolli and cauliflower, green, red and yellow peppers and sweet potatoes -- all for roasting for the bbq -- but I might need to try it out first (never roasted veggies before). I also bought chicken breasts, two whole chickens and alaska salmon. I also bought some condiments - mayo, ketchup, mustard, sarachi sauce (sp?), and some salad dressing. Thats where my 20% goes......... condiments. The only "bad" thing I bought after going to 3 stores was 2 cans of sweetened condensed milk so I could make my hubby a pot of chai (yes, I make real authentic Indian Chai) So anyway - I'm feeling pretty good about things. I have my "mantra" taped to my computer - and on my fridge and I'm keeping my focus on the reaching my goal.
    Well done you. You know what is good/bad about it, and you know when and when not to have it. Just like with certain food groups that shall not be named, its all about choice and will power.

I to love ur sig line....I was thinking of looking for a picture of Grok looking judgemental and put it above the biscuit tin.

Richard
    It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.

Hi Tomi. I hope all is well. Just wanted to drop you a note quick and say that I think MIL gave it up already. Two weekends in a row I saw her eating sandwich at the track... And she had a "spell" after going to the state fair. Pretty sure she's not giving this a shot anymore. Too bad, really. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Hi Tomi. I hope all is well. Just wanted to drop you a note quick and say that I think MIL gave it up already. Two weekends in a row I saw her eating sandwich at the track... And she had a "spell" after going to the state fair. Pretty sure she's not giving this a shot anymore. Too bad, really. Oh well.
    What are gonna do? The same with my sister. She is taking off some weight - she's down about 50 pounds. But, she was upwards of 400 when she started so she's got a long ways to go! She hasn't started eating this way even though she said she was going to about 3 months ago. I gave up on it. We don't discuss fibro much anymore cuz I can't sympathize with her complaints.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Monday is here again........ I'd like to be stuck in a version of "Ground Hog's Day"......... where every day is Saturday! Saturdays are perfect cuz the work week is done and you still have Sunday to look forward to as well! Not that I have a grueling job or anything - but I do enjoy having hubby with me!

The weekend was wonderful. Our family gathering on Saturday was lots of fun and the food turned out really good. I made potato salad, beef/bacon/bean casserole, roasted veggies, bacon wrapped tuna loin bits, and had a fruit platter (store bought). Hubby bbq'd tuna loin and steaks (he overcooked the steaks a bit). It was yummy, healthy and very filling! I did eat some cupcake - but it wasn't worth it. My homemade icecream was a big hit! and since I threw out my lactaid pills I wasn't even tempted to lick the spoon! YEAH!

I started walking again last week - and Sunday hubby and I got the bikes out and went for a really nice ride! The scales still say 189 - but I probably ate a little more than usual over the weekend so I'm hoping to see a drop this week. I wish I could ride my bike to work - but its all heavy traffic roads both ways - and a LONG uphill climb the last mile. Maybe I'll just go for a ride when I get home today. My neighborhood is perfect for biking - in fact our street is on the Willamette Valley Bike Tour route. Twice a week we have a couple hundred bikers riding past our house. Its fun because as they are passing by you get little snippets of what they are saying to each other - and it sounds exactly like turning the knob on the radio tuner and passing each radio station hearing just a blip of each. Course - if you've never used the old style radios you have no idea what I'm talking about!

So............ better go get ready for work. Have a great day all!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Candy in Wonderland is online now Senior Member
    Hi Tomi, caught up with your journal and glad to see you're doing better again . I sure hope the weight starts coming off again!
    I hear you on the ice-cream . I'm not even that fond of it, but I make my own ice-cream and now we finally have a summer I was having some home-made ice-cream every day (on top of a greek yogurt AND cheese!). My body made sure I knew it wasn't liking it, as by the end of last week my wrist was killing me, I could hardly move it without crying . So I stopped eating dairy in within 2 days my wrist was better! Had some leftover cake (grainfree/dairy-free, BUT filled with buttercream and finished with ganache made of chocolate and full-fat cream) yesterday after dinner and was bloated all evening . Oh well, I wanted to take the rest of the cake to work today, as a snack with my coffee, but feeling the way I did yesterday made me realize IT'S JUST NOT WORTH IT.
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Richardmac is online now Senior Member
    I love saturdays for the same reason. There's something comforting about knowing you have another day off. The family time sounds great. My wife was just remarking the other day that when you don't make time for family time the wheels start to fall off.

Richard
    It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.

Hi Tomi. I'm not very sympathetic anymore either. She knows what she's got to do and she's ignoring it/doing it halfway. Having seen you and Candy eliminate your symptoms (as well as the others I've kind of followed here who have fibro), I know it's possible for her to eliminate her pain as well. Oh well. I'm not the one in constant pain, so, as insensitive as this sounds, it's not my problem. I've eliminated 90% of my complaints by changing over (still battling morning stiffness and not sure what to do about it) and can't help but not feel sorry for those who aren't willing to do the work to also become pain free. Kudos to you and Candy both for being "man" enough to suffer the inconveniences for quality of life.