Page 59 of 538 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109159 ... LastLast

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 59

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    No competition here! I'm not competing with anyone other than my own butt.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Hahaha! ok....... ready set go!

I'm having trouble getting my butt out the door to do some walking! I had to set it aside a couple months ago cuz I hit a wall with my fatigue level. I'm starting to think that now with the addition of the Armour, and several months on the adrenal support supplements that I need to give it a try again. I'm just dragging my feet cuz I know I'm starting at ground zero again. I had built up to almost 3 miles a day --------- then bam! the fatigue hit hard. So, I've just been lazy for 2 months. But today I'm going to start walking again. Right after I have some breakfast - of salmon! yum! I also need to mow the lawn!

So I went back and looked at my weight logs........ seems I lost down to the 190 in JANUARY! and after that I just played between 186 and 192 ---- and constant roller coaster! And my journals had a constant theme playing as well ---- rum and ice cream. I guess I have 2 addictions that I need to conquer! The ice cream is done -- since I threw out all my lactaid pills! Now, to tackle the rum monster. Sheesh - I sound like an alcoholic. I don't think I have a problem in that way..... I don't always order a drink when we eat out, and if I do its only one. And I don't need the rum at home - but if hubby wants it I have a hard time saying NO to it. So I guess maybe I do have a problem in that sense. I guess its time to make a no alcohol rule for me. I do have a family history of alcoholism. My dad, my mom, my mom's brother, my dad's brother. My mom says my grandad had a "problem" but I don't remember him being drunk - just taking a swig of his "cough medicine" aka whiskey, every night before bed. So, I suppose it would be in my best interest to cut it out all together. Hubby won't be happy with my choice - but its what is best for both of us. I suppose it is entirely possible that my "indulgences" of ice cream, rum, dark chocolate and almonds over the past 8 months is what has kept my weight at a steady "fat" level! I like to tell myself I don't eat "that much" of those things --- and I never have them all in a single day --- but added together over a week could very easily be my hurdle on the scales! So, I guess this means I'm getting down to the basics --- buckling down -- getting serious!!!! I'm looking at strict primal!

Today I woke up very early. I normally sleep until 8 - but this morning I was awake at 6:30. I'd had a disturbing dream about one of my step daughters. And then I couldn't stop thinking about it - I finally got out of bed at 7:15. I will be ready to go to bed early tonight!

I also have a headache today and I'm thinking it is sugar withdrawls. I had NO sugar yesterday...... except for the small amount of sugar in ranch dressing and ketchup. That can't amount to much. Probably less then 5 grams total. So, I'm pretty sure the headache is a withdrawl thing.

I reworked my weight chart this morning. I got rid of the months of stagnation! Kept my first entry with my starting weight of 206, then skipped ahead to today - Aug 15 - current weight 191. 15 pound loss since November - and all of it was the first 3 months of being primal. Makes me so mad at myself! I could have been at goal by now if I would have stayed away from those crap foods. Now my goal is reset to my next birthday. Oh well --- its all good. I'll get there. I've found my focus again.

So...... on another subject - my cat is losing hair on her back. She has 2 stripes forming on either side of her spine. And she acts like it is itching or something. I don't know what to do. I thought maybe it was her food - but she has had this brand before and it never bothered her. She likes to go over to the neighbors house and I'm wondering if they are feeding her something that is causing it? Or maybe she picked up a nasty parasite or something. Its not red or anything -- just bare skin. My beautiful black kitty is going to look mangie if I don't figure out what is wrong with her!

okay - time to go walking........... its beautiful cool this morning!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Hi Tomi! It sounds like Rum has a psychological affect on you already, which is bothersome with the history of alcoholism in your family. I wonder if promising to avoid all forms of alcohol for 30 days will help - kind of like a whole30 for alcohol only?

I was at 190. So frustrating, but we'll break it.

Also, the walking... it shouldn't take you long at all to get back up to 3 miles. Your muscles will maintain that "memory" and considering you're still mowing the lawn and moving a lot, it's not like your muscles had time to atrophy or anything. I think you'll be back to 3 miles before you know it.

Jenn I hope you're right. I walked a mile this morning and it felt good! I didn't push it, just took it at a nice pace. Good thing I went before work, cuz its gonna be too hot this afternoon - and tomorrow is supposed to hit 100 again so I better walk in the morning while its cool.

I agree with the idea of cutting all alcohol but I'm thinking more like....... "I don't drink anymore" as apposed to the 30 day thing. I don't need it - and it isn't good for me. The stuff is just poison to my body. I think you're right on the psychological side - I do need to stop before it ends up being more than that. Too much history in my family. I'm going to ask hubby to not bring it home anymore.

better go get ready for work.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

marcadav is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    Hahaha! ok....... ready set go!
    I'm having trouble getting my butt out the door to do some walking!
    Do I need to come over to help you get your butt out the door?

Quote Originally Posted by marcadav View Post
    Do I need to come over to help you get your butt out the door?
    I did it all by myself! I went for a one mile walk. But thanks for the offer!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

It's too freakin' hot to sleep! Plus, I don't think I've had enough carbs the past 2 days. When I eat VLC I don't sleep very good. And the past 2 days have been like 7% carbs. So I got up to see if could find any carbs... nope. I had to open a can of baked beans. Not the greatest choice -- but if I would have had lactaid pills I would have been going for the homemade ice cream - so, given the option I made the right choice. I'm definitely going to have to keep some sweet potatoes in the house!! I think I could eat one every single day! Maybe the beans will give me enough fiber to get 'things' moving.... IF you know what I mean! I've eaten mostly meat the past 2 days and its slowing down the post digestive processes.

Tomorrow is supposed to be 100 and I'm not sure I'm going to live through it!!! okay, I probably won't die - but I don't function at all well when the temps get over 85. I'm sluggish and weak - heat has always effected me that way.

ok --- back up to the hot bedroom to see if I can get some sleep. I have a busy day tomorrow.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Sounds like you guys are getting the same kind of heat we had a couple weeks ago. It floored me to look at the thermometer thing on my computer at 8:30 and see it was still 104 degrees out. Very unusual for Iowa.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I like your yard ornaments. Those would be neat to see twinkling over the bushes at night.

Richardmac is offline Senior Member
    Hey, just stopping in. Well done you on trying to kick the habit. I used to only go out on a saturday night after a rugby game, and ahave a few with the guys. It was as much out of habit than any desire to actually go out. I spent a fortune and woke up every sunday slightly loathing myself. Then after once such evening (a team mates bday) I had gotten to bed at 6am and was going to a function with my now wife (our first function out together in public). I was all dressed up and she looked incredible (words dont do it justice, very beautiful). Thw whole night I felt so ill, I tried hair of the dog, lots of water etc, but I was sooooo hungover. On the way home even going over speed bumps made me feel sick. That was January 16th 2010, and I have not been drunk since that day. Yes I have had a glass of wine with my wife. There essentially thimbles of wine and I can now barely get through one fo them without wanting to stop.

I can go weeks at a time without a drink. The other day I shared a 330ml (coke can size) can of Kopperberg with my wife (so I had 165ml's - haha). Even that seemed a struggle. So please stick with it. I can now enjoy a wee half/quarter glass of red wine with absolutely no desire for a second.

On top of that I swapped lemonade for fizzy water. I mix it with meongrass and ginger, yummy. It has the fizz but no suger.

You can do it!!

Richard