Page 58 of 549 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108158 ... LastLast

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 58

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi Tomi. I'm glad you had a nice weekend. I think your goals look good. My ending goal is 140ish. We're about the same height (you're 1 inch shorter than me) so I think those are good goal for both of us.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

tomi is offline Senior Member
    ho hum.............. I'm so dragging my feet thanks to this heat! I start to wilt at about 85 degrees (F) and its been over 85 everyday for a couple weeks now! I'm so needing some cooler weather! at least the nights have cooled down a bit so I'm sleeping okay. Window fans are my friends this time of year!

We spent saturday night on the boat - sure was pretty up in the mountains - and so peaceful at night when we're the only ones on the water. I don't understand why people want to go back in to the docks at night - why have a boat if you're just gonna stay tethered to the land? makes no sense to me.

This coming Saturday we are hosting a family bbq. Oldest sister is bringing the steaks - New York Strip steak? is that a good cut? She says its the only steak they buy - so I guess its good. I'm thawing out some tuna loins and will be making all the side dishes. Hubby wants my potato salad and beef/bacon/bean casserole. I think I'll do a platter of roasted veggies.

Next sister is bringing a sugarless cake (oldest sister is diabetic). I'm in the process of making homemade ice cream.

yummy.........

dinner tonight - acorn squash - steamed veggies - sirloin steak! yummy!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

The cheaper the steak, the less quality the cut. So, in my world, sirloin is the lowest, then tbone, then ribeyes, then strip (which is the bigger portion of the tbone). Filet, which is the small part of the tbone, is uber expensive where I live, so we don't eat it.

Even cheaper still is round steak, flank steak, etc. Strip is a pretty up there. Very good cut of meat, and used to be my favorite or go-to whenever we went out or I got steak from the store... now I prefer ribeye.

thanks for the primer on steaks! My go-to for going out is always the filet! YUMMY!!! Ribeye is too fatty for my liking - but thats hubby's favorite. The last couple nights we've had sirloin and tenderloin - very good! But I over cooked them just a tad last night - still tender and juicy and full of flavor - but I like the center to still be a bit pink - these were not at all pink. I should have taken them off the bbq about 5 minutes sooner. But hubby had a good story going and I couldn't get away!

BIL gave us a recipe for homemade ice cream............ its so dang good! BUT.......... my lactose pills don't always do their job - and I've been getting sick from eating it. Plus the dairy makes me so bloated! So, no more ice cream for me. In fact - I'm throwing out the rest of my lactose pills since they seem to be poor quality. There ---- just put them in the trash......... I just saved myself from eating 17 helpings of ice cream! YEAH! The recipe is amazing though........ 1 quart heavy whipping cream, 1 quart 1/2 and 1/2, 2 cups sugar (I know.........), 7 whole eggs, 5 TB vanilla. Mix well so sugar disolves completely and eggs are well blended. Chill mixture, then put in ice cream maker according to guidelines for your mixer. Mine is small and will only take 4 cups of mixture at a time. This recipe makes 4 bathches!

Saturday menu:

New York Strip Steaks
    Tuna Loins
    Potato Salad
    Beef/Bacon/Bean Casserole
    Roasted Veggies
    Fruit Platter
    Sugar Free Cake (its mom's birthday)
    Homemade Ice Cream

Sounds good. Normal CW food for those who don't eat like me --- and good healthy food for ME!

I've decided its time to start walking again. Today when I get home from work I'm going to walk. And I need to try my Tae Bo again too.

Breakfast/Lunch --- left over steak
    Dinner will be --- hamburger patty with salad (lettuce, assorted veggies, hard boiled eggs and cheese) not sure about the dressing - probably ranch.

I'm still holding steady at 190. Been here for a while now. Except for the ups and downs I've been stuck here for about 3 months I think. Most likely due to my poor choices........... too many cheats on the weekends, too much alcohol on the weekends, and too much summer ice cream. Weekends are my downfall!!! I can always justify making poor choices on the weekend. Its not very smart to work hard at staying on course for 5 days - only to undo all the good by eating poorly for the next 2 days. I don't mean to say that I totally blow it! I haven't totally blown it since I started eating this way in November. But, I deviate too much. I know my body.......... and the only way it will give up the pounds is if I am absolutely as close to 100% as I can possibly be. I think I can get around it all by watching the overall calories........ but I'm just kidding myself. The unhealthy calories are the things that are keeping me fat. Dairy, alcohol, and sugar. I need to purge those things from my diet completely if this is going to work for me. The sugar in the ice cream causes fibro pain, the dairy makes me bloated and sluggish, the alcohol and diet coke is just bad in every way possible. I know I need to change my mindset......... "treating" myself with things that are not good for me is NOT a treat! Bad food choices should not be viewed at treats in any way shape or form! Healthy choices are treats!!! I need to put this into my daily thoughts. Bad choices are punishing to my body and will not help me reach my goal.

That thought needs to be my focus! Thats how I stayed the course when I was doing medifast --- I kept my focus on my goal! and everytime I was tempted to eat something off plan I ask myself "will eating this help me reach my goal?" If the answer was NO I would put it down and not eat it. I have not been able to recapture that focus since I've been eating primal. That will be my goal from now on. My new mantra .............. "Will eating this help me reach my goal?" Thats how I will be successful at this.

feeling good............ I think I just heard it "click"!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Hi Tomi. It's kind of humorous to me... we're the same height. Have the same goal. And are both stuck at the same weight... sucks, but miserly loves company...

I was thinking the same thing as I was reading your journal earlier......... so - lets do this together!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

You're on. I'm so tired of being stagnant and it's only been like 3 weeks (17 days to be precise). It's hard to lose weight so steadily, like it's on a schedule, only to have it stop, dead in it's tracks...

I know its hard - but our bodies don't always behave the way we want them to!!! Especially as women! Being 52 now, and fully post menopausal I will have a bit more of a challenge - but I'm up for it. But no competition here - just support and encouragement. Since we all lose at different rates I don't think a competition is a good idea. (cuz you'll probably lose it faster than me!!! and I hate to lose!)

I printed out my new mantra "Will eating this help me reach my goals?" and have it taped to my computer right under the screen so I see it everytime I'm on the computer - and I put it on the fridge too - and I added it to my signature. I also track what I eat and break it down into the %ages of macros. I just have to keep track this way - its my compulsion I guess. I'm ready to get this lard off my butt!

So far today I've only had the steak that I ate before going to work. I'm feeling a bit hungry - but with this heat I don't have much appetite so I think I'm going to wait until dinner to eat. I might nibble on some baby carrots or something. Dinner will be hamburger patties and salad with egg and ranch dressing.

My stomach has been bugging me today - I'm thinking its left over from the ice cream yesterday. I feel yucky. I want to feel good - have energy - be alert and ready to go! I know certain things I put in my mouth are keeping me from feeling those things. I hope I'm finally "there" and ready to make this change stick! Throwing out the lactaid was empowering! As long as I have those pills I will eat ice cream even though I know its a bad choice and it will make me feel icky. Ice cream has always been my biggest weakness. So - thats done. I can't eat it without the pills - so I'm no longer an ice cream eater. Next hurdle is the rum. I'm fine if we don't have it in the house.......... so if I can just keep hubby from buying it on the weekends........ or wanting me to go buy it for him. GRRRR. Before we were married I had never even had hard liquor! He's a bad influence........

So --- here's my goals:

1. To be healthy - to be able to go hiking or biking or walking. To get up in the morning and feel ready to face the day - to keep up with the housework and the yardwork, and my job.

2. To be at my goal weight of 135 by my next birthday. That gives me 49 weeks to lose 65 pounds. That is totally do-able and reasonable. Thats barely over a pound a week.

3. To learn to eat for my health - not for pleasure! And to learn it well enough that it sticks for the long haul.

There......... those are my goals.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    I've decided its time to start walking again. Today when I get home from work I'm going to walk.
    So, did you walk after work?

I just remembered I had some lactaid pills in my purse - so threw those out! and checked the glove box of my car - nope! I'm good.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation