Page 55 of 563 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155555 ... LastLast

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 55

avocadogirl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm glad the thyroid meds are starting to work. I'm sure after a few more weeks, you'll feel even better.

I have to agree, too much fat like full on bacon and eggs everyday is too much for my system. So, to add my newbie $0.02 to the discussion of whole30 vs paleo vs primal....I think you also have to go with how you feel. I've started food journaling again to identify if anything triggers my RA. What I've discovered is that I'm fine with butter and yogurt but cheese really makes me feel terrible: migraine and achy joint terrible. I'm okay with steak and leaner red meats, but I feel sluggish after the fatty ribs. I seem to thrive on particular meats, veggies and some dairy (pretty much just yogurt). I've started listing "thrive" foods, and "dive" foods. I guess in a way structuring my own perfect whole30.

Lord help me tomorrow though, going to a play date where I know we will be inundated with Oreos and cookies and so on.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    just the butter vs ghee thing........... otherwise pretty much the same.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

who am I kidding........ even if I do strict paleo I will have to give up ALL condiments - unless I want to make my own (which I don't). I just need to stay away from the sugars and the very little bit of wheat in my occasional cookie cheats. I'm slowly getting better at this - but I will never cross over into the totally strict 100% camp. I'm fine with occasionally having store bought ketchup and salad dressings. Honestly I think if my hubby was on board to do this with me I could probably do a much closer to 100% than I do....... but with his eating habits it makes it REALLY hard for me at times. I know I know........ I make the choice he isn't forcing it in my mouth. Considering where I started 9 months ago I feel pretty good about the changes I've made in my diet. I'm not perfect, but I'm way better!

Are sweet potatos paleo? I'm thinking NO potato is paleo. If you can't eat it raw, you don't eat it - isn't that the golden rule? Can you eat a raw sweet potato?

I'm just going to keep doing what I've been doing. Focus on meats, eggs, veggies, very little fruit, a few nuts --- and avoid sugar as much as possible. I also should limit alcohol to maybe once a month instead of several times a month. I noticed over the weekend that every time I had sugar I got a headache - the kind you get between your eye and your nose - right in that little divet in your face. That didn't feel good at all. On the one hand thats a very good sign that I have purged sugar from my system, cuz when I have it my body is letting me know that it doesn't like it. On the other hand --- after the first couple headaches, I should have been smart enough to not something else with sugar in it .......... this will make it easier to avoid sugar ladden things in the future though.

so --- on I march........... I need to stop guilting myself into thinking I need to do a whole30 or I'm a failure at this thing. I'm not a purist on anything I do....... everything needs balance.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

[QUOTE=avocadogirl;916563]I'm glad the thyroid meds are starting to work. I'm sure after a few more weeks, you'll feel even better.

[QUOTE]

Thanks - I hope so too!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    On the W30 timeline, it says that you'll start to suffer from sugar withdrawals about day 3 and to eat a sweet potato and things should be ok - or something like that. I KNOW the words Eat a Sweet Potato are in there...

Here it is:

This phase, too, will pass. Beg your spouse, children, parents, co-workers, for patience and forgiveness – as nicely as you can (and no, “shut up and leave me alone!” does not count as nice). Take a deep breath and eat some sweet potatoes. I promise, you’ll feel better soon.
    The Timeline: A Day-by-Day Guide to Your Whole30 | Whole9 | Let us change your life.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

I can totally do sweet potatoes! yummo! thanks, Jenn............ always the encourager!

Today went well until the m&m's came out by the fire on the patio........ damn those dark chocolate m&m's.

breakfast - 3 eggs
    dinner - salmon and cauliflower mash with heavy cream and butter! yum!

snack - dark chocolate m&m's --- I don't think those count as "real" dark chocolate. But I can pretend, can't I????

Side note.............. we got an email from a man that my hubby knew circa 1965 - back in the missionary to India days. They both went to the same international school, and both of their parents were missionaries in Hydrabad, India - or purhaps Mahabnagger, India. Anyway, this man and his second wife, and her 3 kids 21, 18 and 16 will be passing through our area on their way to see his mother in Canada, and they want to stop and visit - and oh yes, "can we stay the night"??? Really ---- what an ODD request........... but then, its a part of the missionary culture to do this type of thing. We have a very comfortable 5th wheel that we lovingly refer to as our "guest house" --- and they are welcome to it! We will be serving them dinner on Thursday - curry and rice of course!!! and they will stay the night and then be on their way Friday morning. They are basically total strangers, as the man is about 8 years older than my hubby. Luckily BIL who DID know this man will be coming to our house to visit also. So, we are hosting 5 total strangers for the evening......... dinner, dessert, fireside on the patio. Then, this side of heaven we will likely never see them again. A God thing to say the least. I wonder why we were chosen - and what God has planned for this very strange meeting of peoples. ????

Then, my sister and her hubby are coming to visit from Boise. He has a job prospect just 15 miles away and is coming to meet his possible employers. I'm excited to see them! They will stay with my other sister for 2 nights and then be coming here for several nights -- also to be our "guest house" guests. So, more dinners and more nights by the fire - plus a day at the lake --- maybe a trip to the beach - who knows.......????

Its going to be an interesting week..................
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm working through Step Daughter issues again tonight............ ugh! Why can't she just grow up already! She's 22 years old! I had to go buy an unlockable door knob for her bedroom, so she doesn't lock that door when ever she comes to put something in or take something out of the room she no longer LIVES in!!!! She hasn't lived here in an entire YEAR! but she still thinks she has control over that bedroom! HA ----- think again little missy............ I changed the door knob to a pass through knob! You can't lock the door any more! DEAL with that little brat!

okay -- step mother issues.............. step daughter has been pushing my buttons for far too long. I have finally taken away her ability to control anything. I paint what I want......... I've taken away her control in every area of the house! She's a grown woman - but insists on DADDY sitting next to her instead of his WIFE! while we watch movies in the livingroom. GAG!

Okay............... I'm angry to say the least. I've been dealing with step daughter issues for over 10 years!! both stepdaughters have moved out - except both step daughters still have STUFF in their rooms! GRRRR!!!!!!!! Get the crap out of your rooms so we can use that space for something besides storage!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I'm sorry you're now dealing with family crap. It seems like it's always lurking around the corner, doesn't it?

Enjoy your time with the 'strangers'. That does seem like an odd situation to be in, but it'll be adventurous at the same time.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

KimT is offline Senior Member
    The stepdaughter issues sound miserable. Sorry.

The unknown guest visit sounds interesting. I'm sure you will have an enjoyable time and missionaries are so used to being in different places and situations.

It kind of reminds me of a time when I was younger, maybe high school age. My brother called home from work and said he was bringing someone home for the night. He worked at a music store and a girl came in. They started talking and he found out her car broke down on her way to perform a concert. She had little money, didn't know anyone, or anything in the area, so he invited her home. My mom was in the process of getting carpet replaced, so stuff was everywhere, but the girl didn't care. She was alone and scared. It turned out she was a Christian, so God knew where she needed to be and it worked perfectly. She still does concerts to this day and she is still a friend. sometimes things just happen that way.

Anyway, sorry to hijack. hope you have wonderful visits with the strangers and your family!

need to get some things taken care of before our "guests" arrive thursday.

Last night I needed to rant about step-daughters - sometimes I just get so dang frustrated with it all!

For the past 2 days I've have tummy issues again and I'm pretty sure the culprit is dark chocolate. Need to lay off that!!

weight today is 190.8 ---- just don't seem to be able to get it to drop. But, I do see some body changes happening. My stomach is getting flatter, and that old lady lower belly sag is looking a little less saggy. Purhaps I'm finally experiencing the low carb belly shrinkage??? Maybe the Armour is finally getting my body to respond properly to the changes I've made in my diet? I'm not sure -- but I am enjoying a thinner mid-section!

Last night we went for a spin in the dune buggy.......... check it out! dunebuggy.jpg My husband is so cute in this thing! I imagine him starting and stopping it like fred flintstone! running to get it going, and dragging his feet to stop! Its a hoot to ride in - and we get the greatest response from other people. Last night a guy pulls up beside us, rolls down and the passenger side window and yells "that is SOOO awesome!" Its our HAPPY car!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation