Page 543 of 676 FirstFirst ... 43443493533541542543544545553593643 ... LastLast
Results 5,421 to 5,430 of 6756

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 543

canio6 Guest
    Shop Now
    Gheesh, I hope you get to feeling better soon.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    on the mend - thanks, Canio!

One of my dearest friend's daughter has Hodgkin's Lymphoma. She is 26 years old. Just celebrated her 1 year anniversary with her husband, and graduated from law school 2 weeks prior to her diagnosis. She was preparing to take the California State Bar exam in late July, obviously that didn't happen. She had been offered a job on the east coast, her dream job. She had to turn is down. She is just starting her life......... has her mothers sense of humor and enthusiasm for life - and now this. She has a blog if you're interested........ www.onedayonmywaytothebar.com

For my praying readers............. please say a prayer for Sarah.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    Hope you feel better soon! It sucks to feel bad all the time
    You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Just read through the entire blog that Sarah is writing as she navigates through this nasty chapter in her life. Tears - laughter - more tears. I can't imagine going through this - not as Sarah, nor as her mother. I just can't imagine.

We have a yellow jacket issue. A nest has developed in the roof of our porch. We can't get to it without tearing apart the vinyl siding. We also have a nest beneath our house. They have found a crack in the foundation and have moved in in full force. We have hung yellow jacket traps in 8 spots around our yard. We are catching LOTS of them. For the foundation nest we tried caulking the cracks - but they chewed through it. So last night we covered the access points with duct tape. LOTS of duct tape. If they can't get out they will die off, as will the nest. But, the porch roof nest is a different story. We don't know how to block their access because there is lots of places they could get in and out. So we're relying on the traps to take care of the problem.

Now......... if we could do the same with colony of homeless people who are moving into the forest parkland behind our house. The police are of little aid - as it seems the squatters have rights that protect them from being removed. We have city ordinances about being in the parks after dark and before dawn --- but they are not enforceable against the laws of residency. So - we have 10+ people living in the forest. Druggies, crazies........... and there seems to be nothing that can be done about it. The officer we talked to yesterday told us to gather as many neighbors as possible and show up at a city council meeting. Well, we've been through that before with the Parks Department....... that's how this whole mess started in the first place. The park land was "natural, undeveloped" land - 12 acres of it that surround our property on 3 sides. Mostly over grown with blackberries. Then the Parks Department decided they needed to develop the park. We begged them not put in trails to the river, telling them we would have homeless shelters showing up. We begged them not to put in a parking lot, telling them we would have drug deals and naughty things happening in cars at night................ WE TOLD THEM!!!! And now we are living the consequences. I hate the Parks Department!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I hope the stinging nuisances disappear soon.

Best you can do about the homeless is find them a better location to live. They are human beings, after all, and should have rights to stake a tent if they have no other place to live. And not all homeless are druggies and crazies. Some were once business owners and gainfully employed upstanding citizens, or maybe even veterans, and have have simply lost it all due to no fault of their own - business went under, VA failed them, lost their job due to a layoff, then their house, then their wife, then their car, and all they have left is this 2 person tent and the 4x4 plot of ground in a city park. Cut 'em some slack and try to help out instead of throw them out.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

No -- these people are seriously druggies and crazies. One guy was arrested for heroin a couple days ago. One lady comes out of the forest and sings at the top of her lungs, has been arrested several times for various reasons. None of the people down there are just down and out - this came from the police officer who talked to us yesterday. He told us they are all mentally ill or mostly brain dead from drug use and alcoholism. He said they all want to be left alone and stay out of the way to just do their thing. He says he doesn't think we have reason to be afraid they will break into our home or harm us - but that we should be cautious and give them all a wide berth. He left us with this word of caution: If someone breaks into your home you have the right to use deadly force, the only thing you say is that I feared for my life and self defense was my only option. We have 2 police officers who live across the street from us - they have both told us the criminal records of several of the people living down there. We have been told very sternly to stay away from them.

This is a situation that the police are working on, but the city laws don't allow them to be forcefully relocated. So nice to know that people who are paying their salaries are the ones being ignored. We have families who now will not use this park because they fear for the safety of their children. The people who pay for the park - are not feeling safe to use the park.

These are not people who can be helped - at least not by us. Many need to be in lock down. Most if not all have addictions and the ones who are mentally ill even the police officers don't want to approach. Some need medication to keep them from having psychotic episodes.

Its not a good situation. We are not a neighborhood for them to be living in. They need to go.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

update on the homeless camp: neighbor police girl called the city and was told the young man who told us they had their hands tied was gravely misinformed and will be corrected. She was told the situation is of high priority and would be taken care of by means of relocation. Neighbor and her husband were walking in the park late last evening and saw flash lights down in the park so they called the police. They walked down through there this afternoon and the tents and makeshift shelters were all gone. The only thing left is a bunch of garbage and some bicycles that are most likely stolen. We will be watching for lights tonight - if we see any, we will call the police again.

Yellow Jackets still have the upper hand but we are sure trapping a lot of them. They found a way to get under the house by burrowing under the duct tape! I wish I had the strength and tenacity of a yellow jacket! Tonight we will be putting more duct tape and more caulk. WE WILL WIN THIS FIGHT!

Be it Yellow Jackets or crazy druggies - we won't be invaded!!!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

24 hour fast today.

Food: a few bites of ice cream a handful of grapes, a large taco salad with ranch dressing. Yummy. I couldn't eat the whole thing. Iced tea and water.

Gut: was a bit sick this morning. Still don't have my dosage right.

I started taking iron and a few of my supplements again last week.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Hubby still hasn't passed that stone

Percocet and Ibuprofen and off to bed with the heat pad. Poor guy.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm feeling like I'm climbing up the mountain to the place where this all gets to be a bit easier and more natural rather than an effort.

The rum isn't calling to me at all - in fact the idea of having a drink makes me nauseous. I was going to have a bowl of ice cream after dinner and decided I really didn't want it at all.

I went to grocery store after work - bought produce, batteries, mouse poison, and shrimp.

Counting my victories
    Read post #2626
    my motivation