Page 536 of 571 FirstFirst ... 36436486526534535536537538546 ... LastLast
Results 5,351 to 5,360 of 5707

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 536

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    It is listed as a possible side effect. But I'm not sure how it does it. The drug works completely inside the intestines. But -- I really don't care. I'm enjoying it!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

I'm in re-evaluation mode again.

REASONS:

feeling sluggish, achy and stiff.
    been nibbling on forbidden foods (peanut butter, chips, oatmeal w/brown sugar, just once, but still not good)
    been drinking too much and too often again.
    weight is not moving (alcohol?)
    with recent family changes (improvements) I feel this a good time to make some health improvements as well.

I'm wondering if the paleo autoimmune protocol is a good idea.

Its Paleo only more serious. Eliminating the following:

-eggs
    -nuts
    -seeds (including cocoa, coffee, and seed-based spices)
    -nightshades (tomatoes, potatoes, eggplant, peppers, and the spices derived from them)
    -alcohol
    -NSAIDs
    -excess fructose (more than 20g/day)
    -potential gluten cross-reactive foods
    -non nutritive sweeteners (including stevia)
    -emulsifiers, thickeners, and other food additives

I want to feel better........ lose weight........ feel sexy (libido is alive again)

For me this translates into cutting eggs, making ghee instead of using butter, stop nibbling from the peanut butter jar, no more rum and diet coke, and sweet potatoes instead of white. As well as the other paleo rules.

With the stress of SD out of the house now I think this could all be a bit easier. I'm a stress eater........ now, no more stress

I'm going to try. Already failed today cuz I ate eggs for breakfast --- but, I can make the rest of the day a success.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Well, now is a good time to start planning. What kind of breakfast or instead-of-eggs food can you make? Maybe there are some slow-cooker or large batch recipes you can make that you can re-heat throughout the week. Preparation is key!

I'm thinking of cutting out eggs for a month, but I need to prepare first.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    I am having trouble understanding your reasoning for wanting to go super strict when straight primal doesn't seem to be maintainable/sustainable for longer than a few days/weeks.

I still believe doing the least restrictive plan, consistently, for 30-60 days is the best way to go. Once clean primal becomes the norm, if issues remain, eliminating things on your list could be the next step.

Instead of, "I want to feel better........ lose weight........ feel sexy (libido is alive again)", I like, "I want to be healthy... make healthy choices.... make the primal lifestyle routine."

I think if you make healthy choices routinely you will feel better, lose weight, feel sexy.

I believe that I have not been able to sustain a strict primal diet because I have been under so much stress. Stress makes me eat - too much of the good kind of food - and stray into the bad kind of food. Without the stressors in my home anymore I believe I can maintain and sustain a more strict approach.

I want to try anyway. I won't do it 100% -- but I'm going to strive for it. I mean, there are going to things non-paleo that I will eat at some point. Like commercial salad dressing. But I eat it at best once a week. I will have ketchup on occasion, although I have been making my own. Oh -- if I'm doing the autoimmune protocol, then ketchup is out cuz its tomato, a nightshade.

I gained all this weight after I got married and all hell broke lose with the step daughters - which I didn't see coming! I found I was married to man who would rather risk the breakdown of our marriage than discipline his daughters. Mixed in there was the stress of having a son with severe social anxiety, and not knowing if he would ever be able to overcome it and have a life on his own. Not just that - but statistically speaking, people with severe social anxiety are much more likely to try to commit suicide. If I recall the rate is something like 65%. So, I constantly feared my son would be a statistic.

Its all behind me now. And I feel I'm ready to give it another try. I know my health will improve greatly and I should see a drop in my weight. So, I'm going for it.

Tasha --- breakfast is the most troublesome for me. Eggs are my go-to breakfast so I will have to really work on that. A make ahead thing is a really good idea. I'll do some research. If you come up with anything let me know. I read something this morning about eating only the whites because the substance that contributes to inflammation is in the yolk. But I need to do more looking into that, I was in hurry and just skimmed it.

I had a food sensitivity test about 4 years ago when I was trying to figure out my diarrhea problem - and the only thing that came up was a very slight sensitivity to eggs. So....... I will see what happens if I stop eating them.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Speaking as someone who had real difficulties with AIP (I LOVE my peppers and tomatoes), beware of hidden foods and spices. If you make all your own food, you'll obviously be ok, but let's face it, very few people cook everything from scratch every day. Make sure to plan ahead and plan for the worst (i.e. nothing AIP friendly wherever it is you go.)
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Tomi, do you know how many times in the last year you have sworn off of rum and diet coke? Yet you keep going back to it. Why??
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    Tomi, may I humbly suggest eliminating one of your triggers to bad eating - rum before you eliminate everything.
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I have a few questions for you Tomi, regarding your food choices and alcohol. If they are offensive, please let me know and I'll delete this post.
    1) Does the food/ drinking occur after a emotional upset or memory of a past upset?
    2) Does it occur after a bad fibro day?
    3) Is it a stand in for an emotion you have banned yourself from having, like anger or sadness or loneliness?
    4) Is there a food link between "too much of the good stuff" and the bad stuff, like ranch dressing or chips?
    5) Does it stand in for love you believe you're owed and never received?
    6) Does it stand in for self respect or respect from the rest of the world?
    7) Does it make it "easier" to tolerate something or someone?
    8) Is the only time you can be yourself during that time of "bad food" or alcohol?
    9) Does it make it easier to fell emotions that are otherwise "off limits"?
    Last edited by naiadknight; 08-18-2014 at 04:51 PM.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Speaking as someone who had real difficulties with AIP (I LOVE my peppers and tomatoes), beware of hidden foods and spices. If you make all your own food, you'll obviously be ok, but let's face it, very few people cook everything from scratch every day. Make sure to plan ahead and plan for the worst (i.e. nothing AIP friendly wherever it is you go.)
    We don't eat out much. And do everything from scratch with the exception of condiments (mayo, ketchup, salad dressing) I'm not a fan of tomatoes or peppers so that's not an issue. Eggs will be my biggest challenge because I'm so used to eating them for breakfast.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation