Page 53 of 520 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 53

marcadav is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Happy Birthday, Tomi! I hope you have a great day.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Whole30 --- day 2

I should have made note that my weight yesterday was 192. What happened to 188 from last week? Oh, maybe the rum and diet coke, the nasty boxed cookies and the handmade tortilla rice and beans at the mexican joint! I'm so weak sometimes. Hence my NEED for whole30.

breakfast as I type is baked tuna and grapes. The tuna was just swimming in the ocean on sunday morning -- now there are 6 of them in our freezer - less a few loins we've shared with employees and neighbors. The key to baking the perfect tuna loin is to make sure the center is still a bit pink when you take it out of the oven. One loin, olive oil, seasonings, wrapped in foil. 400 degrees for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and let it stand for about 15 minutes. PERFECT. tender and juicy. I use a little garlic salt, some Old Bay, a little white pepper. Its also excellent with an Indian Tandoori marinade.

Well, now I have to say I'm 52 years old. Where have the years gone? Oh yeah........... 18 of them were spent married to the wrong guy! That was a waste of time!

So - what do you do when someone you don't know at all except for what they post on some internet sight suddenly vanishes? I'm concerned - but what can I possibly do? Judg hasn't posted anything anywhere in like 12 days or something like that. At first I thought she was just bored with me and moved on............. but she hasn't posted on her own journal either, or anyone elses that I know of. I'm worried that something bad has happened to her or a family member. I've said a couple prayers for her.......... Maybe she needed a change of cyber-buddies and started fresh with a new user name and everything. Maybe she decided this WOE isn't doing her chronic fatigue any good and has just thrown in the towel. Unless she comes back to explain I guess we'll never know.

I took Zeus to a groomer to have his nails cut this morning. They clipped one way to short and he bled real bad --- the reason I took him to a groomer was because everytime we cut his nails we clip one too short and I thought they would more careful and know what they were doing better than us. I'm not upset or anything - he does have black nails and they are very large and difficult to cut! It was quite tramatic for the poor guy! I'm not sure I'll be taking him back there. It was only $8 - but for free we can do it ourselves. Its just so hard to wrestle him down and make him sit still long enough to get it all done. And there is the blood when the nail gets cut too short! GRRR .......... at least dog blood doesn't stain like people blood does. It pretty much cleans up with water.

I don't want to work today. I probably don't have that much to do anyway. Its hardly worth the 6 mile drive to do one chart and be done in 30 minutes. I need more to do.......... I wish the manager would just relinquish some of his duties to me. I used to run that office, I think I could handle a little more responsibility. I could take over the ordering of supplies or something. He's so dang busy cuz he not only manages the office, but he also manages all the remodeling and repair jobs for all the bosses personal properties. He's got way too much on his plate! Oh well........... I am going to suggest that we go to daily deposits for the bookkeepers sake. It drives her crazy only having the statemens and deposit twice a week. Accounts receivable should be a daily thing. Sometimes I think I should just look for a different job. But I have so much freedom and flexibility with this one I just don't want to give that up!!!

so......... better get to it........
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

KerryK is offline Senior Member
    Happy Birthday, Tomi!!!!

(I, too, hope all is well with Judg).

Quote Originally Posted by KerryK View Post
    Happy Birthday, Tomi!!!!

(I, too, hope all is well with Judg).
    thanks, Kerry!

boredom alert!!

breakfast: tuna loin and grapes
    afternoon snack: canadian bacon
    dinner: (going to Outback) the plan is to eat filet mignon and steamed veggies

Gotta stay whole30 - even if it is my birthday. Or maybe I should turn that around and say BECAUSE its my birthday! My gift to myself is to stay honest and do this thing right.

I'm sure tired though.......... could be cuz I didn't eat very much yesterday, and last night I didn't sleep very well. Lots of wake ups - lots of night sweats. Tonight I'll try to remember to take my Knock Out by 9 pm - so I'll be ready to sleep by 10. I'm wondering if I should start taking 2 pills. I need to study up on taking melatonin - don't want to over dose. I'm getting 3 mg in one pill and I do think thats the max. Should probably talk to the doc next time I go in Sept.

Thinking I should go to the eye doctor again - I just don't think these glasses are the right Rx.

Before I forget - I need to do some research on MDA to see if canandian bacon is okay for whole30 or if its even primal at all. Be back in a bit...........
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes!

So according to Knifegill I should throw out the canadian bacon cuz its not real food.

great................
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Happy birthday!!! I hope the day went well!

why is canadian bacon not real food?

Posted the results of my CT scan on my journal. Check it out if you're interested.

I'm also stuck at 190. 190 sucks.

I hope Judg is ok. For some reason I think I recall her saying at some point that she was going to be away for a few days - vacation maybe?
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

I put a post on the nutrition board to see if canadian bacon was "pure" enough to be okay on whole30. Search canandian bacon and you'll find it - its short and sweet.

Today 191 - down a pound.

I didn't quite make it through my birthday without cheating. Everything was going great until we got home from dinner. I had tuna and grapes for breakfast and then 4 slices of canandian bacon for a mid-afternoon snack. Dinner was filet mignon and a sweet potato (they put butter and brown sugar on it - but only about a tsp of brown sugar so I'm not gonna freak out about it. We got home and hubby wanted a rum and diet coke......... I was feeling sad because it was my birthday and I didn't have anything dessert-ish to celebrate............... so, I had a drink, then another............ and that led to peanut butter cookies.

So - I blew it. Day 2 and I blew it. At least I'm not 10 days and blew it - cuz now I can just start over and everything is good. But I think I'm going to wait and start it August 1st and join the group....... maybe I'll have better results if I don't try to go it alone. 5 out of 7 days I'm pretty much 95% primal anyway and the other 2 days I'd guess I'm pretty close to 80%. My cheats are alcohol on the weekends, and the occasional fall into a tub of ice cream. Cookies are a rarity - maybe once every couple months on average. I'm just going to try to make good choices and then dive in for the whole30 on the 1st of August. I hope I don't sound like I'm copping out.

I'm paying for the cookie scarfing though.......... legs are hurting something fierce today! Refined sugar is definitely my nemisis! I can always feel it when I've eaten something sweet.

Jenn I hope your right and Judg is just away on a vacation. I just wish she would have said "hey - I'll be gone for X days" But then, its not we're buddies or anything....... cyber friends don't require explanations right?

My thought are so scattered today............. gee can you tell?

So we're going to Washington for a family reunion this weekend. I don't want to go. Its my husbands mothers side and I don't know anyone. I sorta know one of his cousins, who also lives here in the Salem area - and his mom and one of his brothers is going up with us. So I will basically be hanging out with 70 or so total strangers. Oh what fun! I made hubby promise he will not run off visiting and abandon me. I'm sure I will just sit by MIL the entire day. Its okay cuz I love her dearly - but I am anticipating a very long boring day on Saturday. We're leaving at 7 AM - UGH! and its about a 3 hour drive. We got hotel rooms for Saturday night and then will drive back down on Sunday. I was hoping hubby would say "you don't have to go if you don't want to" - but I think he really wants me to be there with him. We're sorta attached at the hip like that! We do pretty much everything together. Which I absolutely LOVE! He's my best friend - and theres no one in the world I would rather spend every waking moment with - and every sleeping moment as well! We're soulmates - I've known that since I was 18. He's pretty awesome - and I'm a better person because of him --- and so I will sit through a day of trying to talk to complete strangers for him! He wants me to make my bean/bacon/beef casserole. Its to die for!!! But, not primal at all so I won't be having any. I'd rather just make a potato salad. It would transport easier and I wouldn't have to worry about finding someplace to plug in the crock pot. I think thats what I'll do - hubby loves my potato salad too. Not sure what I will be eating. Its potluck and the hosts are providing the meat I believe. I hope......... I think I will put some meat in the cooler just in case. I already know that breakfast provided at the hotel will be nothing but breads - so I will need to find some eggs or take something. Maybe I will make some egg muffins and have those while everyone else is putting those nasty pastries in their faces!!

Gee........ what else can I blabber on about and bore you to tears????

I haven't been walking or biking or doing my Tae Bo workout............ still struggling with the fatigue. I'm hoping the increase in the Armour will start to kick in soon. I would like to start walking again when I start whole30 --- that would be good for me! I'm going to put it on the calendar and DO IT!

TMI warning! the diarrhea is still at bay - and I've had 2 weeks of normal bowel function! Gotta love that! Yesterday was questionable......... but things calmed down and after a couple bathroom visits everything was fine. I attribute it to the massive amount of grapes I had been eating. Today so far so good!

Better go get ready for work ---

breakfast - baked tuna (again) what can I say --- I love fish!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Happy belated birhday, Tomi!
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

thanks, Candy! I'm ancient!

I have a beautiful pot of chicken curry simmering on the stove - and the house smells heavenly! Hope it turned out good. I usually have my husband coaching me while I'm cooking it - but he's working a bit late tonight. Better get the papadams made before he gets here..........
    Last edited by tomi; 07-26-2012 at 07:45 PM.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

Curry was really good - but not as "hot" as hubby makes it. He was an angel though and told me it was perfect. Funny thing is - after we ate it I realized I had forgot to put curry leaves in it! I will add them tomorrow when I put it on the stove to warm for dinner. I think I might throw in a little more garam masala and chili powder as well. My man likes to sweat when he's eating his curry! I had my chicken curry over a nice pile of baked tuna.......... I know, weird!!! but it tasted good. its hard to figure out what to put the curry on when you don't eat rice. I was out of fresh veggies so tuna seemed to be a good alternative. LOTS of protein for this girl today!

I'm up at 2:17 writing in my journal........... whats wrong with this picture? I went to sleep fine, and then I woke up at about 12:30 hearing a noise that bothered me - I always fear someone is breaking into the house..... so of course I couldn't go back to sleep. Then I realized my legs were hurting really bad! so I got up to take some more tylenol and here I sit...........I keep having hot flashes! I don't want to go back to bed until I know I'm going to sleep.

In the morning I need to go shopping for the bean/bacon/beef caserole that I will be taking to the family reunion - the one that I don't want to go to. We're leaving at 7 am on Saturday. That means we'll be getting there at about 10 am. Its going to be a very very long day................ God help ME!

I keep forgetting what day I'm supposed to take one Armour, and what day I'm supposed to take 2 Armour! Its every other day - should be easy........... but, she said keep it by the bed and take it as soon as I wake up. So, I take it when hubby is telling me goodbye in the morning.......... I'm not really awake or coherent - and then I fall asleep again. I take it that early because I'm not supposed to take anything with calcuim or iron for 4 hours after I take the Armour. Anyway -- I'm thinking if I take one pill on the ODD numbered days and 2 pills on the even numbered days I should be able to keep track. That - or I should just lay the pills out the night before.............. that might be the safest thing. I wish she would just up my dose to 2 pills a day! That would be better! Next blood test is Sept. ---- not sure if I'm supposed to make a doc appt. or just have blood drawn............. need to email the doc and find out.

today I had.........

breakfast: baked tuna
    lunch: baked sweet potato with butter and a drizzle of maple syrup
    dinner: chicken curry over baked tuna

late night............ rum with iced tea........... gotta kill this leg pain somehow!!! Rum is probably the thing I will "cheat" with the most while trying to do this primal thing. I don't see giving it up completely. I've always relied on rum to dull the fibro pain. Now it has become just a way to relax with hubby. I don't drink a lot --- once or twice a week at most - and sometimes I'll go weeks without any at all. hubby likes to have it on the weekends --- its his way of kicking back and just forgetting about the stresses of the week. Its hard running a business............ lots of stress and pressure! We have ourselves, plus 2 employees to make sure we can support! I think thats going to be reduced to 1 employee in the next few months............ Single guy employee is getting layed off while family man employee will keep his job. Single employee still lives with parents........ dad is a farmer and he can just work for dad! The unemployment claim will ding us a little on our premiums......... but it will be the right thing to do for the business. Anyway............ Rum seems to mellow things when we are needing to put it all away on the weekends. I do the business books on Friday - then I have to share with hubby where things stand. This year is not going as well as last year.............. stress over the lack of a great big cushion for this time of year is never easy to deal with. Normally July is our biggest money maker........... not so this year. For the first time in 10 years we are eeeking our way through payroll............ NOT GOOD. I told hubby single employee needs to go............ He wants to wait until after the winterizing is done. I don't agree.................. stress.

Sometimes I wish he would just close it and go to work for someone else............ but mechanics don't get paid a lot. His strength is in his personality........... he's always wanted to teach --- and I think he needs to look into teaching as an adjunct facilty at the community college. Thats where he got his automotive certification. He'd be a GREAT teacher! But thats not likely to happen. The business is very stable --- but for some reason we are not getting the big jobs this year - and its causing cash flow issues.

whatever............ it always works out.

I should not be thinking about stressful things at 2:40 AM. I should be thinking about going to bed!!!

night.........
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals: