Page 52 of 611 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152552 ... LastLast

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 52

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Yes, you can. I'm getting quite the vicarious thrill, reading about everyone's Whole30 adventures.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    My best friend is at the Seattle airport - and the way to Korea for their new teaching jobs. My eyes have been leaking since last night when my hubby asked, "when are they leaving?" .......... my answer "in the morning" and the flood gates opened! I'm so excited for them, but my heart hurts. Its not like we see each other that often cuz she lives 2 hours away and we only see each other 4 or 5 times a year anyway --- but its the idea that she's now thousands of miles away from me!! I may not see her until they come back to the states next summer. I know they will be coming home for a couple months. Our 35th class reunion is next summer! holy cow! THERES motivation to lose this weight! The last reunion we had I was FAT and I'm not going to another one looking like that! I was 25 pounds heavier than I am now! I wanted to hide the entire time I was there. I was NOT a good night!

I'm a little closer to deciding to start whole30 on thursday. Getting myself mentally prepared. So, no weighing or measuring - just eating whole, natural food when hungry and stopping when full. I will miss my condiments. I'm a ketchup lover!!! I like to dip meat in ketchup or honey mustard. oh well.......... I can do it. I did it for 9 days last month. I think thats when I got to my low of 186. No weighing or measuring myself either. No scales for the entire 30 days. Focus on eating healthy, not on losing weight. If my only goal for doing this is to lose weight then I'll be missing the point - and I will not be able to stay on it for the entire month. I know myself.

Tonight we are going to pick up 70 tuna loins from a customer. FREE! I see canning in our future............ we still have a few cans from the last bunch we canned. I hope we have room in the freezer! I don't know if its fresh and unfrozen, maybe not even vacuum packed? I have no idea.... maybe hubby knows........ *sending text*

better get moving.......... I have to work this afternoon.
    Last edited by tomi; 07-24-2012 at 12:09 PM.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Keldeb is offline Junior Member
    What's the 3 X 80 approach?

80 grams of each macronutrient. I read in someone elses journal that they had good results so I thought I'd try it. It was good at first, but took too much planning and thinking to sustain it for very long.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Thanks for the encouragement everyone - I decided to JUST DO IT! So I'm starting right now. Why wait till Thursday. I'll be posting what I'm eating just to keep myself honest - so consider this my boredom alert!

breakfast - skipped
    lunch - bacon and eggs

need to plan dinner.............. need to go shopping cuz I'm out of bacon and eggs. I bought a few bags of frozen veggie medleys at Cash and Carry ---- bleq! it all tastes the same and the veggies have a spongy texture - I wonder if I could make veggie smoothies out of them............... I'm going to try cuz they are yucky! I wish I had a juicer.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    You could always make your own non-sugar ketchup. Or are nightshades to be avoided?
    And good job starting NOW.
    Tuna should be a lovely way to begin.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Nightshades are ok. Ketchup would be tricky given the no added sweetener of any kind rule... hmmm. Does such a recipe exist?

I think you can totally do this. I have always been the weakest most uncommitted person to every single challenge I took part in, and if I can do this for 30 days, you certainly can too! I have faith in you!

I will probably be doing it again in August. My sister in law expressed interest in doing the Whole30 for August. Just waiting to find a link to the actual august challenge. I sent a message to Melissa Hartwig on Facebook to see if she could supply it for me.

This is exciting! I think you'll have really good results, Tomi!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

day 1 whole30:

breakfast - skipped
    lunch - eggs and bacon
    dinner - tuna and grapes

thats not much food - but I'm not hungry so I guess its all good.

Thanks for the encouragement! I need it! Jenn - you're my inspiration so keep going - cuz I'm following!

The ketchup issue is no big deal - I'll be able to do without it.

I ran out of bacon and all the bacon at the store was pretty fatty - so I bought canadian bacon ---- is that okay??
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    GO Tomi, you can do it!
    For the ketchup, maybe make it with apples and tomatoes for a sweet touch?
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I do kinda wonder why so many of us in the PNW end up with fibro... lack of Vit D, maybe? *ponders*

Anyway, yes, my symptoms have been calming down a lot since I went Primal/Paleo a couple of months ago. Husband and I are currently doing the whole30.

Hang in there.