Page 51 of 519 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 51

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I would enjoy doing some gardening today. I have a lot of flowers that need dead-headed and I still have a couple that need planted. I've had them for weeks, but haven't put them in the ground yet. I think one may have died. The heat has really done a number on my flowers. I've lost a few that I need to remove from the pots. It'd be a nice day for it too. Only supposed to be in the 80's for us today.

For piriformis syndrome, pigeon pose works very well.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

tomi is online now Senior Member
    whats pigeon pose? standing pigeon toed???

weight was 188 again today. Not likely to see the desired number in 2 days - but thats okay. I won't complain as long as I'm seeing a slightly downward pattern!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Well, the number is going down again, so that's a good sign, no? Hope you had a nice weekend
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Here's a pic: Google Image Result for http://www.movingstillnesspersonalfitness.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/pigeon_pose.jpg

It's a yoga pose that stretches the piriformis region. Love it.

OH! that looks like it would be great for stretching that butt muscle. I'm going to try it. Thanks.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

Weekend was busy but fun and productive! Got some work done, and got to go spend saturday night on the boat. We had the weirdest thing happen! It was late by the time we got settled on the boat, motored out from the dock and anchored. It was dark and there was nothing moving on the water. There was a group camping about 100 yards away from us, and other boat anchored about the same distance in the other direction. We were down in the cuddy changing our clothes and all the sudden the boat started rocking - we thought we were being boarded! So we quickly went up on deck to find some pretty huge waves rocking the boat! Mind you - its about 10 pm, pitch black and the lake was dead calm and quiet. There were NO boats in sight, we heard NO noise from a passing boat.............. but, the waves were rocking our boat and were now crashing on shore. They had to be at least a foot high waves and we couldn't see or hear anything that would have caused it! We thought EARTHQUAKE! but, the water disturbance was only in our little area. It scared us! Still don't know what it was......... weird!

Foodwise I did pretty good all weekend. No perfect, but pretty good. Weight is up a little today. Back up to 191. UGH! Why can't I shake that number??? Give me a few days and I'll be back down to 188 again.

Wednesday is my birthday. 52 years old. Holy cow.........

My best friend is moving to Korea with her husband to teach at an international school. They leave tomorrow......... its a 2 year assignment. I'm feeling very teary today. I'm so going to miss her. She and I have been friends since we were 14 years old. We were roommates our first year of college - we were in each others weddings - we've stayed close all these years. Now she's going to be on the other side of the world and its really hurting my heart. But, she and her husband need this - because of budget cuts in the schools he lost his job and was forced to find a job 150 miles away and they have been living in different cities for 3 years. So, this is the only way they could manage to get their jobs in the same place so they could live under the same roof. They hope when they come back in 2 years they will both be able to find jobs in the same town. I'm gonna miss her though...... She wants us to come to visit them in Korea - but I don't know if thats going to happen. I don't think we can afford a trip like that. I'm sad today. On the verge of tears sad............ this is us a couple weeks ago.........

016.jpg

I don't have to work today so I'm going to get some yard work done and just try to keep busy so I don't think too much about not seeing her for a LONG time! Saturday morning I finally finished painting the master bathroom so thats done! I have a couple little touch ups that I need to do and then I can put that job to rest! Gonna catch up on some other journals and then get moving!
    Last edited by tomi; 07-23-2012 at 11:12 AM.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

It's never fun to say goodbye, even temporarily, to a good friend. I hope the two years goes by quickly.

Fibromyalgia note to self: that little bit of wheat I hate over the weekend is coming through my skin as the annoying itches on my forearms! Tortilla at mexican joint on friday. Gross packaged cookies on Sunday.

Don't do that again!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

I'm flirting with the idea of giving that whole30 a go again. I know I can do it, just not sure I'm ready to give it my 100%. Jenn has had such good response in the way of weight loss - I'm hopefully it would do the same for me. Now that I'm taking the Armour Thyroid, and the diarrhea is over I feel like my body is in a good place to give it what it needs most --- strict clean eating. Other than the nibbles of things NON paleo, I'm pretty much already there. Not eating out at all would certainly make it easier, and I'd have to give up dark chocolate for the 30 days. As it is I only have that when we are on the boat anyway. Boat snack food would be limited to nuts and fruit and veggies. Maybe jerky if it isn't made with those off limit things. And I'd have to say NO to any weekend alcohol as well. Not impossible, its only 30 days.

My birthday is Wednesday -- I'm thinking about making that my kick-off day. Seems a good day to do something good for myself for 30 days!

Today I started the day with bacon and sweet potato with butter and a tsp of syrup for the maple flavor. Then I stupidly ate 3 nasty boxed cookies. They didn't even taste good I just wanted something crunchy and I guess I wanted to just let down the guard and eat whatever I wanted. Then I had a few bites of chicken breast while making dinner - chicken tikka over steamed veggies (hubby is having basmati rice).

So........... am I going to start whole30 on Thursday? I'll let you know........... If I'm going to start this again I have to do it with total committment and stick it out for the entire month. No 80/20 mentality. This is 100%.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    You can do it, Tomi!
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)