Page 489 of 653 FirstFirst ... 389439479487488489490491499539589 ... LastLast
Results 4,881 to 4,890 of 6521

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 489

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    As hard as I know it was and is for you, I keep picturing Penny and Abby greeting him and the three of them running off to play chase together.
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    I know that you are hurting today. You did the right thing. My family may be heading that direction with our dog soon. I will remember the graceful and loving way you handled this when our time comes.
    OH, P, I'm sorry to hear this............. The vet said something yesterday -- "They give us joy their entire lives, and at the end, we have to be willing to give it all back in letting them go"
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Quote Originally Posted by Pedidoc View Post
    As hard as I know it was and is for you, I keep picturing Penny and Abby greeting him and the three of them running off to play chase together.
    Yes........ and my Penny and Bernice too.

DSC01915.jpg

They are all playing together again.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Lovely pic.

Fiber One bars.............. NO NO!!!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Okay.............. time to move on.

We've cleaned up and thrown away or given away all our dog stuff. Except for the super expensive shampoo - I'll see if the neighbors want it. Time to start deep cleaning.

In the nearly 13 years we've been married this is the first day without a dog in the house. Weird! I'll have to learn what a dog-hair-free house is like.

Physical therapy in a couple hours, then work. Life moves on. Tomorrow I see the doctor for my 12 week post op visit. Unfortunately it is quite clear that the surgery didn't work. I'm expecting he will order imaging of some sort to see what is happening in there. I have decided, after doing some research, that I will not attempt another fix through surgery. The fail rate of a second surgery following a fail is extremely high. Something like 80% fail rate. I have spent the past 3 months recovering from a surgery that didn't work. We will have paid $6500 in deductibles for a surgery that didn't work. So - I will pursue PT and learn to live with the damage. This makes me sad.

I need to call my insurance broker. When I got to the Lifewise website and look up this claim it is telling me that our responsibility is over $11,000. But our annual out of pocket cap is $6500 per person. Something doesn't add up. Its is saying our portion just to the hospital is over $6600. It says there are some things not covered by the plan that we have to pay for. Great. The entire billed to date for this surgery and PT is nearly $49,000. Ouchy. Our insurance plan sucks!! Next year we're paying for better coverage.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Good luck with the insurance, Tomi. And I'm sorry the surgery seems to have failed. Maybe imaging will show it's fine and you're just healing slowly.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    I am so sorry, Tomi. Take care.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    My condolences and many hugs to you and your husband.

My vet was also fantastic and let us do what we had to do in the car as well.

No dog's last thought should be filled with anxiousness about going into the vet's office.

It's been 3 years since we had to put our last dog down, and every time I go into the backyard,
    I STILL look around for piles of poo I might step on.

It's a long road to forget about when you've had dogs since birth!

Keep your chin up Miss Tomi!

Julia

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Went to PT but all we did was talk for a few minutes. We both decided against any more PT until I get docs take on what is happening with the shoulder. I go tomorrow. PT and I discussed the possibility that of the pain being caused by adhesions, or just simply a slow heal.

I am not having the aching of the arm as I did prior to surgery - the pain is only with certain types of arm placement or a certain way the PT moves my shoulder. Basically upward pressure causes pain at the surgery site, or a twisting movement - like having to wash out a frying pan in the sink, that circular movement.

The house is getting a bit cleaner. I have thoroughly vacuumed - although, not in, under and behind, as I'm not able to move things yet. I washed the sliding glass doors and the large picture window where the window seat / dog lounge is. I cleaned up the storage closet where we store the large bags of cat and dog food and vacuumed up the laundry room where the animals sleep. The laundry room is pretty large........ 16'x16' so there is lots of space for dog hair and dust bunnies to hid. Again, I need to move some shelving units and give it an honest deep cleaning. I decided to call our groomer and see if she wants to shampoo - she was sad Zeus is gone, and says she can always use dog shampoo

It feels strange be dog-less. I have come to rely on the ears of the dogs to detect any kind of noise that should be alarming. I just realized that we no longer have that. Makes me feel a bit vulnerable.

We might be putting the boat up at the lake this weekend. Hubby is trading work with a guy who does detailing so it now all polished and shiny with clean carpets! Yeah! and this year - no dog hair on the boat either. We need to load it with our stuff, fill the water tanks and test the lines to make sure there was not winter damage, and tie down the kayaks - of which I will not be using this year boo hoo!! If hubby gets done at work early enough then we will be able to get it in the water Sunday - maybe. If not - next weekend.

I miss my little buddy.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation