Page 48 of 565 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148548 ... LastLast

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 48

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    well, we won't have any kind of itinerary, so I guess if we find a place we really like we might stay there a few days. We sorta want to see the southern Oregon coast, but its no big deal if we don't. I'm not a real roadtrip lover either........... but hubby and I want to do something different, and we've never gone south!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Loved Loved Loved todays success story! Thats the kind of encouraging stories we need to see........... not the guy who finally lost 15 pounds and can dead lift double his weight........ who cares! Paleobird is a TRUE success!

Saw the doctor today. She gave me some reading material on glycemic index and took blood for a TSH. I'm hoping she is also going to do a T3 and T4 with that........ ??? She won't adjust my Armour until she knows whats happening with the bloodwork.

She had me stand on one of those machines that measures total body fat and then tells you what your numbers SHOULD be! It spit out a little read-out like a visa slip......... says my body fat is currently 45% of my total weight. UGH! My BMI is 33.5%. She wants me to be eating around 1500 calories a day, and burning more calories through exercise. She wants me to lose at least 30 pounds (hello! I'm shooting for 50) and she wants me to do it VERY slowly! She said - get this - over 5 years!!! yes, I said 5 (F-I-V-E) years!! Are you kidding me? I want to lose 50 pounds in the next 5 months! not years! Well, at least there is NO pressure! (I love my doctor).

So, here's the plan............. continue to eat healthy --- cut out ALL sugar --- do my Tae Bo DVD 4 times a week. Monday - Thurday, with Friday - Sunday off. That means I start on Monday. On the off DVD days I will try to walk to bike.

READY - SET - GO!!!! I see a smaller healthier me in the future.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Hi Tomi, finally caught up with your journal again .
    That pergola is soooo beautiful! I'm sure you'll be spending a lot of time there , I know I would .
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

GRRR - I hate those spambot things.

Had a great weekend, if I don't count the little tiff with the hubby. Luckily, it started at bedtime, and by morning he was apologizing - but I did sleep on the couch as a result. Other than that - we played a lot, had a couple great fires in the backyard, spend most of Sunday on the boat - and just enjoyed it all!

002.jpg007.jpg

We took Zeus to the lake for the first time! He did great - loved being on the boat - but when he needs to do his business we have to take him to shore...... lucky for us a friend stopped by on his jetski - and Zeus seemed to loved the ride! In case you're wondering -- my hubby is a sexy bald man in the drivers seat!

I started my Tae Bo today. I was going to start last week, but the body said, nope - not quite yet. Today was the day. I only did the first 1/3 of it, so I'm guessing about 15 minutes. When I started feeling fatigued I let it run and I watched the rest while I cooked and ate my breakfast, of pan fried (left over) salmon. Yummy.

The weekend was ok food-wise. But not perfect. I never totally blow it - but I don't always stay as close to 100% as possible. This weekend - a little alcohol and little dessert. But nothing over the top and nothing to freak out about. Weight is a up a little, 191 today. Thats 2 pounds from friday and most likely the alcohol. But - now that I've started the work out - I need to be much more strict on what I'm eating/drinking cuz it would be stupid to put all this effort in exercise just to ruin it with bad choices. Doc wants me to stay near 1500 calories a day and to make sure the majority of those calories are good nutrient dense choices. Meat and veggies - and no added fats from things like creamy salad dressings or nuts. I have never been able to lose weight unless I cut calories to 1200 or less. So I think my goal with be 1200. No snacking between meals and only 2 meals a day. I think I can do that.

My birthday is fast approaching........... I'm 52 in just 10 days. Where have the years gone? When I started this in November I honestly thought I would be down to my goal weight by my birthday. I read all the success stories and was so pumped up! So many of the same themes "I just ate meat and veggies and I lost 2 pounds every week! It was so easy!!" I was so sure I was going to see the pounds melting off me and my clothes would be hanging from my bones! HA --- didn't happen. I'm sorta bummed by the fact that in the past 9 months I've only lost 15 pounds. But, I've learned an aweful lot about food, nutrution, and whats going on in my own body. AND, my fibromyalgia is not longer ruling my life! So, its all good!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I hope things get figured out with your thyroid soon. Zeus looks awesome on a jetski!!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Quote Originally Posted by Candy in Wonderland View Post
    Hi Tomi, finally caught up with your journal again .
    That pergola is soooo beautiful! I'm sure you'll be spending a lot of time there , I know I would .
    Glad to have you back! And yes, we are spending a lot of time relaxing by the fire!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

waiting to here about the Thyroid meds. I'm on the lowest possible dose so I can't imagine there will be any difference in my TSH levels. I hate waiting on lab results.

I'm starting to think the glasses that I just got early this year are not the right Rx anymore. When I wear them for very long my eyes start to feel very stressed and tired and I get a bit of a headache. I'd hate to have to pay for new lenses again. I only where them when I have to read something. Otherwise they just bug me too much! Progressive lenses, tri-focal! I'm officially old I guess.

I'm starting to feel some soreness in my legs from this mornings short work out! I hope I don't get too sore!!

I ate salmon for breakfast at 10 am. Its now 4:25 and I'm feeling really hungry. I wonder if I will make it to dinner. I'm making roast and squash. At least I think thats what I'm making roast......... I haven't even checked to see if there is enough roast left over to make another meal............ time out............... nope, maybe not. Gonna be a peice meal - meal! Roast, chicken thighs and veggies. I decided to have some fruit before I got so hungry I went for the ice cream!
    Last edited by tomi; 07-17-2012 at 01:09 AM.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

marcadav is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    waiting to here about the Thyroid meds. I'm on the lowest possible dose so I can't imagine there will be any difference in my TSH levels. I hate waiting on lab results.
    I hope your doctor ran more than TSH. It's not uncommon for people who are taking thyroid meds that contain T3 to see their TSH drop a great deal. I take Cytomel and was kept very under-medicated for years because my TSH was in the hyPER range, while my frees had a lot of room to improve.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    HEY! I got quoted by a spambot! Awesome. Not.

There is a gal on here who posted a journal. I'll have to look for the link, but she said her eyesight actually IMPROVED after going primal. Her eye doctor was dumbfounded! Maybe your eyes are getting better too?
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Doctors office called. They did run the frees. My levels are in the normal range, but still have room to increase so I'm supposed to double my dose every other day. That means 15 mg with alternating 30 mg. I hope it helps.

As for the eyes.......... boy, I sure wish they were getting better. That would be awesome! But, I'm thinking probably not. My left eye seems to be worse than my right eye - so I guess that could mean my right eye is getting better!

Not sleeping tonight. Its just uncomfortably hot in my bedroom, and my sweet hubby likes to cuddle - and he's like my very own heating pad! UGH! Time to go try again cuz the nighty nighty pills are working overtime right now!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation