Page 472 of 549 FirstFirst ... 372422462470471472473474482522 ... LastLast
Results 4,711 to 4,720 of 5485

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 472

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Shop Now
    It seems like overkill to me to increase both the DE and the parasite cleanse at the same time. I'd increase one or the other, but not both. You won't be able to tell what is/isn't working otherwise. Isn't it possible that you don't have any parasites?
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

tomi is online now Senior Member
    we all have parasites........ of some sort or the other. Since both things are aimed at killing parasites - and there is no side effects - why not go at it with both barrels loaded? I don't really care which one is the victor as long as I get my health back. I did a parasite cleanse about 23 years ago when I was having chronic pain and diarrhea and it "cured" me. Until 7 years ago. I was doing great for many many years.......... then one day I was very sick with pain and diarrhea -- and it never went away. I've had stool tests that have come back negative - but we all know that you can't really trust those lab tests. They only look for the most common worms and nothing else. I think they test for 4 things - and if you don't happen to have anything in the tiny sample that you send it - then they deem you parasite free. I've worked in the medical field for 14 years..... I've learned not to trust lab results too much.

I figure - if this isn't going to make me sick or hurt me in some way - why not be more aggressive. Its kinda like taking both ibuprofen and acetaminophen at the same time. They both kill pain - they just go about it in different ways.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

just for clarification: the increase in the parasite stuff just gets me up to the recommended doses. The DE says to start at 1 tsp per day and work up to 1 TB. The parasite stuff calls for 3 doses per day and was only taking 2 doses.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Do you take DE for a while and then eventually stop?

from what I've read people take it daily just like a daily vitamin. I have a 10 pound bag - so I'll be taking it until its gone
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

going to meet my sister 8:45 at the Master Gardeners Plant Sale this morning. We'll be buying the flowers for moms patio for her Mother's Day gift. Have to leave in 15 minutes or so. Then PT at 11:15. Then I'm going to stop at the office for a while. I don't normally work on Fridays - but I have some stuff that needs to be done - and the boss is going to be out today so I won't have any interruptions.

I think I've been having too much wheat/grains lately. My weight has shot up to 189 again. I know for sure its not calories and real weight gain....... cuz I've been watching that. It has to be inflammation. I have noticed some nagging old aches and pains that are fibro related. Time to get it cleaned up again!!!! As of today I am once again grain free!!!

Later edit: Well, that was a waste of time and gas. What a crappy sale. A small cramped barn with far too many people!! I'm sure it exceeded the fire code. I was looking for one thing...... Marsha Washington Geraniums. One vender had some. FOUR sickly looking plants that had more leaves snipped off than were left on! We were there for a total of 20 minutes - and I spent 8 minutes in the outhouse because my gut was exploding! Grouchiness is the mood of the day.

I moved my PT appointment to 3:15 so my gut will have time to calm down for the day. I had a glass of blueberry wine last night at our final bible study gathering until fall. I wonder if my gut objects to wine? It was more like barely fermented juice - and it gave me a headache.
    Last edited by tomi; 05-09-2014 at 11:10 AM.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I've come to the conclusion that I suck at this. I will be taking a break from the forum........
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Happy Mother's Day!

*Sorry, I missed the post above. Take a break, but come back.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 05-11-2014 at 03:41 AM.

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    I've come to the conclusion that I suck at this. I will be taking a break from the forum........
    Tomi I'm not sure what brought this on. I know your frustrated with your weight, but right now with your shoulder you can't be as active as you usually are. I think you are doing amazing. You've given up rum and you eat well 80% of the time. Take a break, but don't give up on your self.
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    I agree with Pedidoc. I hope while you're breaking from the forum you're not also breaking from the foods that make you feel better. Take care. We'll be here when you're ready to return.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)