Page 471 of 611 FirstFirst ... 371421461469470471472473481521571 ... LastLast
Results 4,701 to 4,710 of 6109

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 471

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I'd give the DE a month. If there's no negative side effects, I feel like you'd notice some positive ones at that point (hair, nails, if not more). But getting the diet on point is probably going to be key. A supplement can only do so much.
    I can't find anything about side effects in my research - do you know of any I should be watching for?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I've noticed a very definite pattern ................... I OFTEN am sick on Tuesdays.

Hubby has bible study on Monday nights that keeps him away from home until around 9 pm. Obviously I'm eating poorly on Mondays as I'm waiting for him to get home.

I need to find a Monday night activity for myself.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Positive DE effects to watch for
    -strong hair & nails (maybe faster growing as well)
    -digestive improvements
    -supposed to be good for bones too, but that's obviously not easy to check yourself Maybe if you have soft teeth, they'd appear/feel stronger?

Negative side effects
    -Constipation and/or diarrhea. With constipation, from what I've read, you'd want to try drinking more water and see if it passes. For diarrhea, from what I've read, you'd want to give it some time (maybe a few days) to see if that's just a parasite thing clearing out, otherwise you might want to cut back or stop. Everything I read indicated that those kinds of responses are just a "detox" thing and that is should pass quickly.

I have read from some people that they noticed no benefit from it, but it seemed like worth a try to me. Worst comes to worse, I'll hand it off to my dad to dump in the pool this summer .

I jumped up to 1 TB in my morning smoothie (been having mango smoothies for breakfast lately, with collagen hydrosylate added). My guts been crazy lately so I can't say if it's doing anything yet. I'll just keep at it and try to have a dose every day.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Just doing some searching about DE and browsing the MDA thread (warning: it's full of arguments, so I cherry-picked some interesting bits)
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post966732
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post967240

It's a pretty controversial topic, apparently!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Thanks for the link! I will have to take some time to get through so many!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I looked through most of the links.......... I've already seen most of that info already. I guess there isn't anything else to read - I'll just keep taking it and see what happens. Yesterday I took 2 doses of 1 tsp - added to a small glass of grape juice. I don't like the grittiness so I down it quick. Hubby is also taking it now with his morning fiber drink. I'm hoping it will help with his arthritis, cholesterol levels and acid reflux. Time will tell.............

Overall I feel like I'm going the right direction with my efforts to improve my health.......... although I definitely need to clean up my diet. I still haven't seen anything "alien" in the toilet so I don't know if I have parasites and if anything is doing anything about them. Doesn't matter much - I will continue to take the stuff until its gone. The digestive enzymes and the probiotics seem to have the biggest impact in my digestive health. Even eating perfectly primal doesn't give me such great results. So I believe I will have to continue with those for the long haul.

I'm feeling especially bloated today - and the scales were up to an uncomfortable number again. We're talking 4 pounds over the course of 24 hours........... I'd say that means some serious bloating is happening.

Tonight we are eating at Applebee's (yuck) because we are taking our employee and his family (wife and 3 children) out for dinner. I need to look over the online menu and decide what I'm having. I ate some home made salmon dip after work and I'm not feeling very hungry........ okay not at all hungry. Maybe I will just have a small salad or something.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I've just gone back through my journal from the very start to see if I've made any kind of progress.......... I started primal eating in November of 2011.

Pluses:
    I have eliminated the fibro symptoms almost entirely.
    I have learned that I love a great number of new veggies.
    I have learned to enjoy BV/OO dressing.
    I move more (at least before I injured my shoulder last fall)
    If I stay vigilant and am prepared I can easily stay 100% primal.

Negatives:
    I am still the exact same weight I was when I began journaling in March of 2012
    I have become lazy in all aspects over the past 8 months since injuring my shoulder

Take away from this little jaunt down memory lane............ I haven't accomplished much.

Damn it!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    I'm up in weight to. I've been eating too much sugar and not only is my weight suffering from it, but I've got pizza face too.
    Hoping that I can eat better while on trip.
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    It's too late to really make a difference now, but I thoroughly enjoy the Bourbon Street Chicken and Shrimp when I go to Applebee's. Might be something to try the next time you're there.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I ended up eating the Chicken Fiestacado. A grilled chicken breast covered in grilled veggies and avocado. I left the rice on the plate. It was ok. It was on the Weight Watchers menu. I also had a salad with strawberry vinaigrette. Applebee's doesn't cook fresh food anymore - most everything is packaged and assembled when ordered (accept for steaks, obviously). I once asked for an Oriental salad without the little fried noodly things. She told me "it comes in a bag already mixed up". And once I asked for a turkey sandwich without the cranberry sauce ........ got the same answer. Its already assembled. ???? yuck.

I've kicked the parasite cleanse up a notch. The directions say to take it 3 times a day........ but to be gentle with my gut I have been taking it only 2 times a day. I have completed 2 weeks at that dose and now I'm going to increase it to the 3 times a day. Maybe I will see "evidence" that it is working. I'm also upping my DE to 1 tsp. 3 times per day. It has to be doing something because when I take it I have all sorts of grumbling and gurgling going on inside me.

I've decided to stay off the scales for a few days. I'm hoping a week or so of clean eating will bring my weight back down to the very low 180s again. I'm going to be working on that re-organization of the pantry this week.

Mothers Day is coming. We always fill my moms patio planters and little tiny strip of dirt along side her patio with the flowers she loves. Martha Washington Geraniums are her favorites. Then we fill in with Petunias and things that drape down the sides and are brightly colored. She can't see well anymore - but she can see the color.

I picked up a new pair of readers yesterday! So much nicer than the Rx lenses!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation