Page 470 of 565 FirstFirst ... 370420460468469470471472480520 ... LastLast
Results 4,691 to 4,700 of 5646

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 470

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I have a Japanese Maple in my front yard. Brad hit it with the blade on the 4-wheeler when he was pushing snow this winter. It was relatively young (had just been planted last Mother's Day as a sappling). I hope it comes back this year. I've been watching for signs of life but it appears to still be dormant like most of my other plants (my daffodils are JUST now starting to bloom!! Everyone else's bloomed at least two weeks ago).
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

tomi is offline Senior Member
    They are easily damaged. Sure hope it comes back. Our bulbs were done several weeks ago. I love them, but they come and go too quickly!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Ellesbells is offline Senior Member
    What a wonderful gift for your anniversary!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ellesbells View Post
    What a wonderful gift for your anniversary!!
    Thanks! I think he'll cry............

Welcome to my little corner of MDA.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Didn't sleep great last night. I'm back on the sofa recliner - but sometime around 2 am I went up to our bed. I slept pretty good there for a while. I woke at 6:15 and realized hubby wasn't up yet so I went downstairs to get him. I tried to sleep more but couldn't - I only managed that someplace between sleep and awake place. That deep resting but still awake. So - its now 8 am and I'm feeling drug out and my body feels heavy.

My newest batch of kombucha is really yummy! 10 days fermenting seems like the magic formula.

PT today. I have to work right after so I'm hoping I don't have too much pain to deal with.

Still don't have a handle on my diet. We have too many tempting things in the house and I'm not feeling strong enough to avoid them right now. Yesterday I sat down with a bag of Juanita's corn chips and ate mindlessly! Stupid. I don't know how to find my resolve again. Its hard doing this alone. I wish I could get hubby on board with me.

On the upside - my gut is doing pretty darn good. At least something is going right.

I'm so curious to see if I'm going to see any improvement in my health from the DE. How long should I be taking it before deciding if its doing anything or not?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I'm in the same boat as you with the difficulty getting back on track. It's like I'm walking along side the wagon, but not ready to climb back on board yet. I'm not eating right and I'm not exercising, so I'm feeling all kinds of terrible. At least my meals are primal, but the snacks are so far from primal they can't even SEE primal... So, I feel your pain. I'm just hoping I can get it pulled in this week and maintain it while camping.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I'd give the DE a month. If there's no negative side effects, I feel like you'd notice some positive ones at that point (hair, nails, if not more). But getting the diet on point is probably going to be key. A supplement can only do so much.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Jenn -- good analogy........ walking along side but not ready to jump on board again. For me its the doing it alone part. Its the having foods I enjoy right there in front of me -- and seeing hubby enjoying them. Its my own lack of will power to stop my hand from putting it in my mouth!! GRRRR. Makes me feel like such a failure. Where is my self control and my self discipline and my will power? Where is my common sense?

Yesterday I ate a chocolate cookie. I KNOW I can't eat chocolate without suffering the effects on my gut. Today I woke up with a gut ache - and I've been to the bathroom 4 times in 2 hours. I've cancelled my PT appointment because I may not be able to leave the house in a couple hours. Wheat and sugar don't upset my gut - but chocolate will do it every time!! Wheat and sugar mess with my joints and fibro junk.

It seems like when I read the success stories the common thread is TOTAL EMERSION. Its the couples who do it together - or the single person who can control what happens in their own home -- those are the ones who have it all together. In reading journals........... its those of us who have non-primal spouses or family who seem to flounder and struggle to stay on track. I'm not pointing fingers and dismissing my responsibility - I'm just recognizing my hurdles.

I need to find my CENTER again. I think I need to have a designated spot for hubby's junk food. Perhaps if its out of sight I won't so easily reach for it. I've been meaning to reorganize the pantry area again........... I think its time for some segregation! I need to place barriers in my physical space that will make it easier to respect those barriers in my mental and emotional space. Maybe I'll buy a roll of CAUTION tape and make a border around that shelf.

Since I've been in recovery mode the house is becoming more and more unorganized...... well mostly just the kitchen. We came home from the store on Sunday and there was no counter space to lay the bags of groceries! Hubby doesn't put the heavy stuff away unless I request it. This makes me crazy!!! Asking for help is REALLY hard for me -- I wish he would just see that the crock pot needs to be washed and put up out of the way.......... or the rice cooker............. or the big dutch oven. I can't do it. The stairs haven't been vacuumed since before my surgery........... 7 weeks!!! I can't do them. I finally broke down the other day and asked hubby if he could just do the stairs - I can do the upstairs if he'll carry the vacuum up there for me. UGH! Frustration!

Which leads to bad food choices............. right now I'm in screw it all mode.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Sorry about the cleaning troubles. I did make myself chuckle when I read "Screw it all mode" as "Screw it a la mode" as in Screw it with ice cream on top.

Now you can see where my mind is at.

Yes -- been the a la mode route also!

that's funny and this morning - I NEEDED a chuckle!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation