Page 449 of 610 FirstFirst ... 349399439447448449450451459499549 ... LastLast
Results 4,481 to 4,490 of 6092

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 449

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    You don't seem to be factoring in any of the effects the medicine might be contributing towards digestive issues.
    I was thinking the same thing - that maybe even though they are supposed to cause constipation IN NORMAL PEOPLE, maybe the meds in an already irritated gut are causing some issues now. That and the nuts. Whenever I have trouble "going" I eat a ton of almonds and have great luck in the bathroom in time.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

tomi is offline Senior Member
    well - the good thing is I'm off the meds now Except to take something to help me sleep. Tonight I'm going to skip the Ibuprofen. Just Tylenol and Tramadol.

I'm being careful what I eat - but I decided best to eat rather than try to keep my bowels empty. So I ate a large burger patty and some squash at lunchtime. Protein is supposed to be "binding" ............. I guess its worth a shot.

I was hoping to go see my new niece today but that's not going to happen, neither is the grocery store run that I had planned. GRRR I hate my gut!!!! It constantly messes up my life!

I'm about ready to do something drastic!! I just haven't figured out what...............
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    I am glad you are healing nicely. I hope you can get off all the pain meds and can stop using tramodol as a sleep-aid in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    I'm about ready to do something drastic!! I just haven't figured out what...............
    ^ this is what I see as the root of the problem. It seems too me you try too many drastic things and then dabble/turn to things like nuts, sourdough bread, alcohol,etc.

I know I sound like a broken record but I wish you would first focus on healing from your surgery and getting off related meds. Then do what I suggested in December:
    Quote Originally Posted by marcadav View Post
    My suggestion is and has been:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don"t tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.
    Don't jump into anything you decide today, tomorrow, or even in the next few weeks.With the holidays I see that as setting yourself up to fail. Use this time to practice.
    Set January 1 as your start date and think about what you will do when that day comes. Write it down, read it,think about it daily, commit to it.

I see your issues similar to mine. It took time/months to see improvement. I just had to stick to my plan to get healthy. I did not waiver, tweak, or try anything/everything new every time success wasn't immediate or issues flared.

Even today, things will flare up or go off the rails if I go far off plan. And to be clear, after almost 5 years, part of my plan is planned indulgences and I have also gone off the rails--more than once.
    I would like you to see the last few months as a learning and teaching experience. You have greatly cut your alcohol consumption. You've strung together more "clean" eating days. Your husband seems to be gaining more understanding about what you need/want to do as well as not do.

I know you can do it. It's why I keep singing the same song.

(count your blessings that you aren't really being subjected to my singing)

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    +1000
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

I am glad you are healing nicely. I hope you can get off all the pain meds and can stop using tramodol as a sleep-aid in the near future.

^ this is what I see as the root of the problem. It seems too me you try too many drastic things and then dabble/turn to things like nuts, sourdough bread, alcohol,etc.

I know I sound like a broken record but I wish you would first focus on healing from your surgery and getting off related meds. Then do what I suggested in December:

I would like you to see the last few months as a learning and teaching experience. You have greatly cut your alcohol consumption. You've strung together more "clean" eating days. Your husband seems to be gaining more understanding about what you need/want to do as well as not do.

I know you can do it. It's why I keep singing the same song.

(count your blessings that you aren't really being subjected to my singing)
    I guess you're suggestion is the "drastic" that I need to do. I do see that past couple months as a learning experience. I see I'm stronger than I thought -- and I see where I panic and give up when things unexpected happen. And I see where I'm weakest and most vulnerable to going off road.

I am healing nicely - but I still have 4 more weeks of passive PT before I start to move and extend on my own. Then 12+ weeks of continued healing and getting back to normal. Its a long road that will extend out 6-12 months from now. The thought of it all is overwhelming and depressing. And top that with the YEARS that I have been struggling to find a way to fix my gut. I'm about to lose it!

In ALL honestly and transparency............. Between my shoulder and my gut I'm just about at the point of tears!!! They are always just under the surface. I'm not sleeping much and the sleep I am getting is not deep and restorative. That alone will mess up my emotions and retard my healing in both my shoulder and my gut.

I absolutely hear what you're saying........ and I absolutely agree. Its the execution that I struggle with!!! Obviously. Basically your outline (and its an excellent outline) requires me to be 100% spot on for up to 6 months. Its seems so simple in theory -- just eat clean and stay clear of grains, sugar and alcohol. Don't tweak, don't stray and don't get off course when things flare. THATS where I stumble!!! THE FLARE!!! I panic when I flare! Something had to cause it........ I have to figure out what caused it!! I guess if I'm pooping nuts - then its probably the nuts!

Okay............. here goes. I'm going to print out your outline and do my absolute best to follow it.

I'm 25 days no alcohol. That's an excellent start right??? And I'm day 48 SCD - but I have strayed a bit - a little sourdough bread, a little ice cream (surgery comfort food), and the alcohol in the first 23 days. So, I have a good base to jump off of to start this BOOT CAMP to heal my gut! I just need to hang in there and NOT PANIC when my gut decides to go crazy and make a giant fuss about nothing!

I may need to some hand holding ............... I may need some encouragement and cheering!

Here I go.................
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As for exercise - right now I'm limited to walking. That's it.

As for food --- clean - no fruit or starches. No alcohol, grains or sugars. No nuts or nut butters or nut flours.

Basically......... protein and veggies and healthy fats.

3 meals a day will be tough.......... I've never been able to do that. Ever! I'm usually a twice a day eater. And I rarely snack unless I have nuts or legal jerky or legal smoked salmon (which I can't find).

I will log my food and exercise daily.

Boot Camp (ala Marcadav ) begins tomorrow.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

JudyCr is online now Senior Member
    Good luck, Tomi. You are so encouraging and sweet to everyone.
    Don't be overwhelmed by your circumstances. It takes time to make changes stick, and you've been through a lot.
    I'm reading you now and will lift you up in prayers!! You can do this!

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    Thanks for not telling me mind my own business. Every time I think about giving my 2 cents I hear- Tomi's a big girl, she'll find her way. So just shut up and leave her be.

I know it's easier to intellectually see/understand the value in/of something than it is implementing that something, especially long term. You will get cheering and support. But like I've told my girls a lot lately-- I will be honest. I will tell you what I really think/is best. I will give you things to consider. But at the end of the day, you are an adult. It's your life, your choices, and your consequences.

As to this statement, "I have to figure out what caused it!!", the cause is messed up gut. The cure is in healing the gut.

Just as a scab will never heal if it is always picked, or a shoulder not functioning properly after surgery if recovery protocol is not followed, the gut won't heal without consistently following a good plan. And, all of these things take time and patience.

Please don't rush into this. Focus on healing. Take time while you are healing tothink about things, emotionally and psychologically commit to a plan you can stick with. And remember:

Time, patience, and consistency!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JudyCr View Post
    Good luck, Tomi. You are so encouraging and sweet to everyone.
    Don't be overwhelmed by your circumstances. It takes time to make changes stick, and you've been through a lot.
    I'm reading you now and will lift you up in prayers!! You can do this!
    Thanks, Judy All the encouragement offered is deeply appreciated!!! I'm feeling rather raw today............
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks for not telling me mind my own business. Every time I think about giving my 2 cents I hear- Tomi's a big girl, she'll find her way. So just shut up and leave her be.

I know it's easier to intellectually see/understand the value in/of something than it is implementing that something, especially long term. You will get cheering and support. But like I've told my girls a lot lately-- I will be honest. I will tell you what I really think/is best. I will give you things to consider. But at the end of the day, you are an adult. It's your life, your choices, and your consequences.

As to this statement, "I have to figure out what caused it!!", the cause is messed up gut. The cure is in healing the gut.

Just as a scab will never heal if it is always picked, or a shoulder not functioning properly after surgery if recovery protocol is not followed, the gut won't heal without consistently following a good plan. And, all of these things take time and patience.

Please don't rush into this. Focus on healing. Take time while you are healing tothink about things, emotionally and psychologically commit to a plan you can stick with. And remember:

Time, patience, and consistency!!!
    Please don't ever feel you can't speak your mind. I wouldn't have a public journal if I didn't welcome input and advice All I ask is for a "kind heart" in the giving of advice And you are always gentle - yet firm I don't do well with "tough love" - it tends to break my spirit and leaves me in puddle of tears.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation