Page 437 of 581 FirstFirst ... 337387427435436437438439447487537 ... LastLast
Results 4,361 to 4,370 of 5804

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 437

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    SCD day 27.

Weight 180.6 today Maybe the extra calories helped yesterday. I will continue to try to eat 3 times a day and see what happens. I'm actually very hungry right now - its 11:30 am and I haven't eaten yet. I'm going to make something soon.

Tummy was okay yesterday - issues in the morning then I was fine for the rest of the day. I'm resigned to no more alcohol now. Not even once in a while until I know my gut is really healed. My attitude toward food in changing. I'm seeing food as a necessity to live, not a thing to crave and desire and enjoy. Although I do enjoy what I eat - right now my list of okay is so limited and restrictive. I'm just learning that food is FUEL - and that I must choose my fuel carefully. And that liquid is for hydrating and doesn't have to by anything more than water. Kombucha and water will be the only liquid I drink for a long time.

Three days to surgery............... as long as my gut is in good shape for surgery day I have no worries. My paperwork says I must have someone with me for 24 hours after returning home. Hubby is going to take Tuesday and Wednesday off work. Thursday he'll go back unless I'm needing him. But - I've have several surgeries and I seem to have no issues with the anesthesia or after effects. As long as I have the stuff I will need at easy access I should be good to go. Doc says 2 weeks off work is perfect but that I shouldn't be afraid to take another week if I need it.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Prepping.............

1. I'm making several pots of chicken soup - this morning I bought 3 whole chickens, carrots and onions. The first pot is cooking. I will put it in zip lock bags of 4 servings each. I don't have enough plastic containers to do individual servings.

2. I'm thawing hamburger so I can press out burger patties. I'll wrap each in plastic wrap and put in the fridge for easy cooking for lunches next week.

3. Will do all the laundry and bedding on Monday

4. I'm cooking pureeing and freezing 2 acorn and 2 butternut squash.

5. The diffuser on my blow dryer keeps falling off with the slightest pressure - so I duct taped it on!

6. I will have hubby crack 3 eggs into a bowl and leave them in the fridge for me before he goes to work. I think I can handle making scrambled eggs with my left hand.

7. I have a new batch of kombucha ready to bottle up. Considering putting the scoby in the fridge and not making any more for a couple weeks. Not sure on that one. I've decided my best batches were the ones where I used regular tea plus a flavored tea and not added the extra juice for the second fermentation.

8. I need to get some books or something............ 2 weeks at home with limited mobility is going to get boring.

Any other suggestions???
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Day 28 SCD

Weight 181.8

Up and down -- Still reaching for 179!! I'm so close.........

So - I told hubby last night that I'm not with alcohol until I know my gut is healed - and beyond that - maybe once a month. He totally understood - but his testosterone took over for a minute and he was mourning the boost of libido that I have found with vodka. I understand.......... he still has a very active libido - so having mine in the grave is a bit difficult for him.

I'm feeling better. Yesterday was a single BM and no pain.

Shoulder pain is at a max -- I over did it yesterday with the work in the kitchen. Looking forward to surgery now. Time for this to be done and healing to begin.

I decided to make us a treat this weekend - so hubby and I looked through the recipes in BTVC and decided on monster cookies - less the raisins........... cuz - yuk! I'm looking forward to a bit of sweetness.

Today we are going down to the shop to work on the boat. Something is wrong with the electrical and as always - hubby has spent the winter gathering new trinkets to add to the boat - LED lighting - stuff like that.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

After looking through the BTVC approved foods I decided to start adding a few things back in to my diet. Colby Jack cheese is on the approved list because it is very low in lactose - almost none. Yeah for cheese - it makes things creamy and good. I had cheese on my veggies last night - and a cheese omelet for lunch (or late breakfast).

Going to dinner and a show with friends tonight
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Praying for you this week, my friend.

Thanks, Paula! Just got called from the hospital - I have an 8:30 am check-in so surgery around 10 am. I should be done by noon and home by 3 pm. And then the healing can begin! Yeah! I'm so excited about stepping into the healing stage of this journey! Hoping my healthy eating will speed the process up a bit. Tonight and in the morning I have to scrub my shoulder with the antiseptic sponges they gave me. No food or drink after midnight - I think I'll skip my Armour in the morning. They will give me something to eat at the surgery center before I go home. How do I tell them "I'd like a steak medium rare please?"

Day 30 SCD!! I've made it one month into my one year commitment. Great successes and a couple of mishaps and bad choices. Misinformation and misunderstanding as well. But I feel like a good grasp of it now. No alcohol for 7 days now. Tummy is much better. No pain for the past 3 days - no BM the past 2 - hoping to take care of that today (edit: accomplished! - and healthy). Weight is 180.4 today. I started at 190 so I'm feeling good about that. My size 14s are fitting perfectly now, if not just a touch big in the waist. Maybe 8 more pounds and I will be able to wear my 12s. I'm HOPING to see 179 by the end of the week.

Yesterday I made the Monster Cookie recipe from the BTVC book. YUMMY!!! But - I had a reaction to something. I'm guessing the honey. It could definitely use 1/2 the amount of honey and still be wonderful. I get the strangest reaction from sugar/honey - I get a restless leg thing going on and then the soles of my feet start to get very hot and turn bright red. How odd!!! I used to think that was fibromyalgia stuff............ now I know its from sugar/honey. I ate 2 cookies yesterday. I will limit myself to 1/2 per day and see if I get any reaction.

I've got lots of chicken soup in the freezer. EIGHT quarts! and squash also. We bottled up another batch of kombucha last night and started and new one.

Hair........... I'm liking it better - but I still don't really like myself in short hair. I'm hoping as my face changes with weight loss I will like it more cuz I think I would really like to keep it short. I'll keep it short through the summer and then???

I'm going to work early today - then must do the boatshop stuff - then clean house - then prepare for tomorrow. Shower - hair removal in places girls don't like to have hair Nails all cut! OH - I discovered a yucky infection of onychomycosis on my right big toe!! YUCKY!!! I soaked it in pure Tea Tree oil and covered it with a Band-Aid. Hoping that will take care of it - if not - the doc will need to give me an Rx for something anti-fungal. But I'm guessing a steady supply of TT oil will do the trick.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    When I had surgery I told them I'm allergic to gluten. I had to keep telling them, so you might try I've got multiple food allergies. The only thing I can eat is........
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    Thinking about you. Don't hesitate to contact me if I can be of assistance.

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    Will be thinking good thoughts for you! Once you recover won't it be nice to not have the shoulder pain any more?!!! Yay! Pain takes a lot out of a person...I can empathize!

Take care & let us know how you're doing as soon as you can. (((Hugs)))
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

kmarie is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Prayers for an easy surgery and quick healing! Here's to seeing the scale at 179 in the morning
    K