Page 389 of 581 FirstFirst ... 289339379387388389390391399439489 ... LastLast
Results 3,881 to 3,890 of 5805

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 389

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Are you still taking Kombucha?
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Yes, but about 1/3 as much. Funny you would say that - because I was just about to come back to my journal and write that I should go back to drinking it daily. I felt better when I was drinking a bottle a day. My homebrew isn't making enough for that to happen. I'll buy a bottle on the way to work today.

As for the gut today: I ate 3 eggs and a small burger patty for breakfast and I had to stop eating it because of the cramping and need to use the bathroom. Although the cramping or the diarrhea was not nearly as bad as last night.

I seem to keep getting one step forward then fall 2 steps back on this quest to find what is making me so sick!

1. the probiotic and daily kombucha was working wonders for about 8 weeks........... then it stopped.
    2. avoiding soy seems to work well - but isn't completely fixing the problem.
    3. tomato based dishes have always given me a tummy ache, but nothing like last night!

I think right now - my gut is just not well enough to blame any one particular thing for causing the issues. I know once I have a good hard attack (for lack of a better word) things are messed up for about a week.

For now --- I'm going to eat very bland foods. Nothing acidic, nothing processed (ketchup). And I'm going to go back to drinking kombucha daily. I'm still taking a daily probiotic, and have added a digestive enzyme as well.

UGH......... am I every going to be well?

EDIT: ate the other 1/2 of the burger patty and no ill effects. Perhaps I should do a bit more study on leaky gut?
    Last edited by tomi; 01-07-2014 at 11:22 AM.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Good Grief I'm so freakin' SICK of researching my gut issues!!!!

I'm still doing the strict primal......... but I've had a couple slight deviations and I know its killing my experiment. MUST BE 100% PURE PRIMAL.

I'm also ditching a couple things that the SCD say are major gut irritants. I guess that puts me at the Virgin Diet again.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    I think you need to give your probiotics something to eat: starch. Maybe time to try a bit of potato with every meal that you drink Kombucha?
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    okay............ Monday - Jan 6, 2014. Vacation is over and its back to life as normal. Back to the grind - ugh.

I'm worried about my son - he's in a low state of mind. He's lonely - is longing for a relationship. He's 27 and has never been in one He's a great guy - but his social anxiety has limited his social exposure. How do people find love and friendships when social settings produce deep anxiety? He works with all men - and so far no one has offered to "set him up" with anyone. You can't "make a life" for your kids.......... but gosh, its tough to watch when they struggle to make their own way. My heart hurts.
    Online dating. Get to know someone, talk to them for a long time, then meet. Take a xanax before you go so the anxiety of meeting someone new doesn't ruin it. Skype or Facetime together before they meet to get over that first time seeing each other anxiety. There are ways. He just needs to be willing to use them.

Quote Originally Posted by marcadav View Post
    I understand worrying about a child that is lonely. My daughter is struggling with that right now. She broke up with her boyfriend a few months ago, has flaky friends, and has a hard time finding someone who wants to do things with her.

When all else fails she turns to me to have someone to do things with. While I love doing things with her I know she needs to do a lot of these things with people her age.
    Maybe you and Tomi need to introduce Tomi's son and your daughter.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I think you need to give your probiotics something to eat: starch. Maybe time to try a bit of potato with every meal that you drink Kombucha?
    I've been eating potato every day for a couple of weeks. Either white or sweet.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Online dating. Get to know someone, talk to them for a long time, then meet. Take a xanax before you go so the anxiety of meeting someone new doesn't ruin it. Skype or Facetime together before they meet to get over that first time seeing each other anxiety. There are ways. He just needs to be willing to use them.

Maybe you and Tomi need to introduce Tomi's son and your daughter.
    He's doing the online dating thing - but the 3 girls he's talking to (all very hot BTW!) are all in other states. I'm not sure if they will be planning on meeting at some point or not. Right now he's only talking via chat or text.

That's a good idea to introduce the two.........

Marcadav -- how old is your daughter? Is she in Salem/Keizer? My son is 27 (28 in April). He's a sweet guy..... just needs someone to bring him outside of his head and teach him how to have FUN!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

marcadav is offline Senior Member
    Marcadav -- how old is your daughter? Is she in Salem/Keizer? My son is 27 (28 in April). He's a sweet guy..... just needs someone to bring him outside of his head and teach him how to have FUN!
    She'll be 24 on your birthday. She's in Portland.

Our sons are the same age. Mine turns 28 in May.

My son is in Portland............. hum........... ????? Is she interested in an intellectual guy with not much social experience?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

marcadav is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    My son is in Portland............. hum........... ????? Is she interested in an intellectual guy with not much social experience?
    I'm not sure.