Page 360 of 522 FirstFirst ... 260310350358359360361362370410460 ... LastLast
Results 3,591 to 3,600 of 5219

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 360

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Great first day. Keep it up.

ecks is offline Senior Member
    So virgin looks a lot like paleo... just minus the eggs.

For what it's worth eggs will show up in everyone's (full) allergy tests. I have a feeling that reintroducing eggs won't have an adverse effect on you...

Have you read "It starts with food"? I know I bring it up way too often on the boards but it's along the same lines as far as elimination and reintroduction. The science is solid too. It's essentially the book to read before starting a Whole30. (Whole30 being the program set up by the authords of ISWF). Worth a look
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    Great first day tomi!! Yay you!! Now have a great day 2!!!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Yes - my go to snack is sitting on the shelf.......... untouched.

I almost fried an egg to go with my hamburger patty this morning and then remembered! NO EGGS!

It's learning curve time.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Ecks - I haven't read ISWF - but I've heard enough from others on here that I feel I know the basics.

Just watched a clip on the Gluten Summit about bad replacements for wheat flour. According the expert, replacing wheat flour with corn, tapioca, rice or potato flour is WORSE than just eating the wheat flour because they will ALL spike your blood sugar levels. He suggests using a nut or seed flour (golden flaxseed, sunflower seed, pumpkin seed, coconut, almond, walnut or pecan nuts).

Very interesting. He said that ALL the commercially produced "gluten free" flours and mixes are horrible and should not be consumed under any circumstances.

That's makes me very happy that I haven't fallen into the paleo-ization of cakes and cookies. And good reason not to bother paying for the $4.95 paleo bread recipe. As infrequently as I eat cookies or cakes I'll just go for the old wheat version.

Okay............. Virgin Diet Day 2

Breakfast - hamburger patty
    lunch - apple with almond butter
    dinner - chicken breast with bacon and roasted veggies.

Successful day.

We went to a memorial service today for hubby's best friends dad. It was a good service. The reception following was a cookie/coffee social --- I wasn't even the slightest bit tempted. Hubby grabbed a cookie and a brownie.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I use tapioca flour for gravy and cream of mushroom soup. I used cornstarch previously. Same glycemic effect. If you ensure you pair it with a protein, the glycemic effect is less prominent. When I bake something, I use coconut flour.

You should actually read It Starts with Food instead of going off of what you've read here. It goes a lot deeper than anyone hear does - with the exception of Mark. Reading that book is what makes it easy for me to stick to my plan when I set one.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    +1 ISWF is an excellent book and a necessary read IMO for the Primal crowd.

ecks is offline Senior Member
    The thing with ISWF is that I read it over a year after I started paleo and it gave me a ton of new perspective on how to share paleo with others. It has been the single best piece of paleo literature that I've read to date.
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    My personal belief is that you should, until you have it all dialed in, pick a plan and stick with it. ISWF/Whole30 is very good. The standard medical elimination diet (JJ Virgin) is a good starting place, but it is hard to implement without a lot of guidance. The good thing about a plan is that it is all laid out for you. If you try to go by what people say here, you will get pulled in a lot of different directions. Everyone is right in their own way. What works for me might not work for you. For me is was fairly simple - eliminating all grains worked. Everything else was just a detail. But that doesn't work for everyone.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    I'll chime in & say I too loved the book! Such good info...& altho the plan wasn't right for me at this time, the information was very helpful. If someone wants to be true paleo then I think it's a must read, along with Marks of course (altho Mark is primal, not paleo.).

Good luck!!!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!