Page 359 of 608 FirstFirst ... 259309349357358359360361369409459 ... LastLast
Results 3,581 to 3,590 of 6079

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 359

tomi is online now Senior Member
    well I do plan to do the total elimination period of 21 days...... but I'm stepping into the whole process slowly. Yes, I need to plan and be prepared. I'm not yet ready to cut ALL 7 things.

Today I made Ghee! So, I can now eliminate dairy 100%.

I'm at 4 - 100% Dairy, Soy, Peanuts and Corn.

I will be working on Gluten, Eggs and Sugar in the coming weeks. Once I have tackled all 7 then I will count that as the start of the elimination diet. Nothing says you have to eliminate all 7 on the same day, you just have to eliminating all 7 in order to be compliant with the protocol. So, I'm getting there.

Today we are having all 3 kids over for dinner - plus youngest's boyfriend. We've made the egg curry and the butter chicken and the chai - the masala chicken wings are in the crock pot and we'll brown them in oven before serving them. I've baked a chocolate cake for middle's birthday (yesterday). I managed to bake and frost without licking my finger (I left that to hubby ) So I count that as I WIN for the day!

With church and preparing for dinner I didn't have the time or stove space to make bacon and chicken this morning so hubby ended up frying me a couple of eggs while I was busy doing other things. Hence the not 100% on the eggs yet. And I'm going to have some smoked salmon today - hence the not 100% on sugar yet. Gluten is so darn close to 100%, but I can't count it yet cuz I nibbled on a flour tortilla from my favorite Mexican place while I was busy cooking. They are extremely thin and tender and browned to perfection. So, I'm 99% on the gluten. I think by the end of the week I will be able to tackle all 7 foods and be ready to start the 21 days.

Weight is = to yesterday. I did 25 minutes on the treadmill yesterday. Every 3 minutes I inclined to the max for 1 minute. I considered that my sprinting since I was huffing and puffing during that 1 minute. I also did 50 jump ropes and 50 leg presses.

Today my shoulder is extremely painful. I smell like Menthol and Camphor and I'm loaded up on NSAIDs. I don't know why some days are worse than others. Its very strange.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Good grief!!!! My good intensions completely fell short with dinner last night.

The day was a total fail food wise.

Breakfast was eggs and a thin tortilla
    I had an apple midday
    Dinner was egg curry and butter chicken........... so, eggs, rice, cream.
    Dessert - chocolate cake (no frosting) and cool whip ............. too many bad things to try to list - all bad, nothing good.
    Rum and diet coke.......... seriously? Sugar alcohols and chemicals.

I ate everything except SOY yesterday. No wonder my tummy is a complete mess and I feel like shit today!

Today is day 1 of my Virgin Diet. If I balance out the protein correctly I can do the Virgin Leptin Reset!

Breakfast - 1 bacon and 6.5 ounces of grass fed ground beef.

Planning ahead...... lunch will be a bottle of kombucha and an apple. Dinner will be chicken breast and a veggie.

I have to find my way back to those glorious 8 weeks of feeling normal!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

ecks is offline Senior Member
    Maybe I'm a bit behind on your journal (most likely because I have no internet at home right now) but what's the virgin diet??
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333, 2 Years: 245lbs
    Current Weight as of December 4th, 2013: 239
    Short Term Goal: Happy brain, figure out direction in life.
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension, Better sleep, Be a 1x Shirt
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Ecks.......... JJ Virgin - you can google her. Came up with this elimination diet of the 7 most common foods that are known to cause sensitivities. So, for 21 days you eliminate them.

Gluten
    Daily
    Soy
    Eggs
    Peanuts
    Corn
    Sugar/fake sugars

Then add them back in one at a time slowly to see what effects they have.

Here's a funny video I wanted to share with y'all!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    I think planning ahead is key to following any plan. I'm finding out this is very important to what I'm following. Even cooking stuff ahead to have at the ready if needed. It's time consuming no doubt...but for me I think that's the only way I'm going to be successful. I can't just "wing it" anymore. I'm writing stuff out to. Helps me remember.

Good luck!! We'll get there!!!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Yes, particularly with a highly restricted diet, planning is essential.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Day 1 Virgin Diet......... has gone as planned.

Dinner was 3 slices of thick bacon, a chicken breast fried in the bacon grease and 1/2 plate of roasted cauliflower, broccoli and carrots. I am so freakin full! I wanted to stop 3/4 of the way through -- but as it is I have only eaten 1200 calories today. Maybe a tad more if I count the bacon grease - but really how much stays on the chicken? Not that much.

I need to get on the treadmill, but I'm too full and uncomfortable.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I always count the fat I use - even if much of it drips off b/c you don't know how much is "absorbed" by the meat and it's better to over estimate than under... at least, that's what I've always practiced. Of course, things are different now than I'm "primal" as opposed to just doing calories in/calories out.

Glad you had a good day 1.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

If I add in the fat from the bacon it would add maybe another 40 calories. So, that's not much to worry about.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I am sure that you have already thought of this, but eliminating corn means no corn chips as well. Darn it.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.