Page 357 of 571 FirstFirst ... 257307347355356357358359367407457 ... LastLast
Results 3,561 to 3,570 of 5704

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 357

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Probably........... got a recipe???
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    Mine is super simple. One or as many avocados as you want to use- mashed with a fork. A goodly squeeze of fresh lime, but of cumin, splash of worchestershire sauce, squirt of hot sauce (tabasco, or other hot pepper sauce, to taste). Mash all together with a fork. Adjust seasonings to taste. Easy peasy, less than 5 minutes. No bad reviews so far.

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    3 avocados (haas)
    1/2 red onion diced very small
    1-2 serrano chilis diced very small (depending on how hot you want it)
    1 small tomato, diced (remove seeds)
    cilantro, chopped (to taste)
    juice of 1-2 limes (to taste)
    salt, pepper, cumin, perhaps some paprika (smoked, semi-sharp) to taste

Mix all together in a bowl with a fork, smooshing avocados to desired texture. I like mine a touch chunky.

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Avocado, lime, lemon, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Adjust to taste.
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Are you not hungry for more at mealtimes? If I wasn't getting enough calories, I wouldn't be looking at adding a specific macro, just more food in general. How much protein do you get per day anyway?
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Basically mash an avocado with your favorite salsa is what I'm gathering for guac...

I'm with Tasha on the added food if you're not meeting your calorie needs.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Basically mash an avocado with your favorite salsa is what I'm gathering for guac...
    oh hells no. If it were that easy I wouldn't get to mumble about how good my recipe is while giving nasty looks to people who just mix salsa and avocado.

lol

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Oh hell - I just typed out a long response and it disappeared! DAMN!

lets see...... highlights were something like this:

Thanks for the gauc ideas - I'll try to give it a shot this weekend. We're having all our kids over for dinner on Sunday and I can some kind of appetizer thing with guac.

Overall calories -- 1200-1500/day - with the occasional low day, maybe once a week I only hit 1000ish. and the occasional higher day that is upwards of 2200 -- that usually means rum calories on a weekend. I'm perfectly satisfied at 1200-1500 calories. If I eat cheats its not cuz I'm physically hungry......... its because I'm craving sweet or salt. Or its because I just got home from work and there is nothing healthy to nibble on so I go for the unhealthy. That's just poor planning and preparation on my part. Since learning SOY could be my nemesis I am making sure to have good stuff on hand for afternoon nibble time. I bought some apples today and I found a wonderful SOY free Dark Chocolate Bar that is to die for!!!! I bought the Coconut version.

Protein averages 100-120 g/day. I should decrease that a bit and increase fats a bit.

I'm reeling in the all or nothing mentality........... it never works anyway. So if I'm going by the Virgin Diet -- I'm making a few tweaks............

Here's my plan:

Soy - 100% NO
    Gluten - 100% NO
    Corn - 100% NO
    Peanuts - 100% NO
    Sugar/fake sugar - Severely limited
    Dairy - Limited butter only
    Eggs - Free range only

What do you all think?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I think you should try to stick to the program as much as possible. if she says no eggs, she says it for a reason. Pastured or caged, they will likely cause issues if you're intolerant. I'd even skip the butter and use ghee instead, especially since you can make your own and it's just as tasty. And if you're going to SEVERELY limit sugar, you might as well eliminate it all together. It's only 3 weeks.

You're never going to know if it will work for you if you don't do it right. You can't half ass things and expect 100% results, right?

I would HIGHLY recommend you do the plan as written. But don't think of it like you have in the past - don't think of it as restriction. Think of it as a test... A serious test where you are testing an idea. A real scientist wouldn't take shortcuts... you shouldn't either. Your body is the lab, You are the scientist.

what worries me most is that you're already "giving up" in a sense by not doing it as written. If you already won't commit to doing it as written, it's hard to believe you'll last the whole 21 days without stepping off plan.

So the question is: Do you REALLY want to find the cause? Do you REALLY want to feel better? In order to answer those questions with a YES answer, you have to be willing to fight off the sugar demon, with all it takes, and stay the course with the program as written.

It's hard. VERY hard sometimes. But you CAN do it - if you really want to.

Just take it one day at a time. Complete day 1, then move on to day 2. You don't have to tackle all 21 days RIGHT NOW. Just work on day 1 - as written. Say to yourself - I will not drink rum today. I will not eat sugar today. I will not eat eggs today. And then do that every time you're faced with a Today. B/c it's really only 1 day, repeated 21 times.