Page 356 of 611 FirstFirst ... 256306346354355356357358366406456 ... LastLast
Results 3,551 to 3,560 of 6109

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 356

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    lol tomi!! Could be the soy...I know that I am sensitive to it. I can not eat a lot of salads, tears my gut up. I guess if one's insides are already inflamed I just can't see that adding that much "roughage" helps. I can't eat raw veggie's either, just goes right thru me. I've always had a touch of IBS...& eating to many salads aggravates it. I can have one occasionally...just not very often. And if I can't have lots of ranch dressing on it I don't want one any ways!!

And if dk choco is high in fiber as nameless mentioned then that makes a lot of sense as to my reaction!!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

tomi is offline Senior Member
    I'm so tired of trying to analyze everything that goes in my mouth!!! How frustrating! I'm come to the conclusion that the only way I'm going to feel good and have a healthy digestive tract is if I completely eliminate all things questionable. After watching a video on the Gluten Summit (thanks Sioban) by JJ Virgin I am fired up to do her 3 week elimination diet (the Virgin diet). Basically its a WHOLE30 concept. She says by eliminating these 7 items (gluten, dairy, soy, eggs, corn, peanuts and sugar/fake sugar) you can lose weight and feel amazingly better. Maybe seeing it told in a video has more impact for me than just reading it in a blog. I don't know --- but I'm fired up to give it a try.

So -- today is the day.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    I have JJ's book & loved it! But just like whole30 is to restrictive for me (at least right now)...so is her's. You tho should have no trouble following it...haven't you completed a whole 30 before? Her premise is so right on tho...& I like her personality! Go for it! And keeps us informed as to how it goes!! I'll be cheering ya on!!!

And oh man do I agree with ya about having to analyze everything. Sometimes it just gets to be too much!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I was going to say it's likely the dressing and not the salad causing the problem.

BTW, that Virgin Diet IS a whole30, actually a Whole21... with the addition of no eggs...
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Yes - whole21 minus eggs.

I was pretty darn sick today. Multiple trips to the bathroom and well, lets just say I wasn't sure if I poo'ing or pee'ing cuz it was nothing but liquid - lots of liquid.

I'm pretty convinced at this point that it is the soy in the dressing. I can't believe I've never really considered soy to the be the culprit - several of you have tried to tell me to drop the commercial condiments, but I just couldn't imagine that small amount could be causing such huge consequences.

So - I have 45 cream cheese clouds in the freezer that I won't be touching for the next 3 weeks. I'll be eating a chicken breast for breakfast every day - with bacon. I will have to say so long to my go to snack of corn chips. And I will have to cook with olive oil and forget the cheese. I'm gonna do a straight 3 weeks of this and then add back in eggs and dairy one at a time over several weeks.

Since fake sugars is also on the elimination list I won't be having any rum/diet coke. That's a good thing cuz I really want to quite drinking alcohol all together.

The worst thing about this next 3 weeks is the smoked salmon hubby just made. He brined it in brown sugar and apple juice. I have asked him to find a different brine, but he either forgot - or just didn't want to risk trying a new method. So - for the next 21 days I will stay away from the salmon candy.

I can already see that I will need to get some coconut cream to add calories and fat. Today I have only had 1000 calories. So I'm going to have to figure out how to do this without butter/cheese and eggs. Those have always been by fat sources.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    What are you going to have on hand to snack on? I also recommend planning out your meals, so you have everything there. I've gone to a defrost bowl in the fridge ala Nom Nom, so I never have to worry about frozen proteins.
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Ya, I haven't figured out the snacks yet. I'm thinking apples with almond butter - but almond butter is a CRACK food for me so I have to be very careful how much and how often I eat it. Maybe I'll try to find some cantaloupe and grapes that aren't too expensive.

Any suggestions? I can't do pork rinds anymore....... turns my stomach!

Maybe I will try some new paleo recipes that will add fat -- something with the coconut cream. Time to call in help from the websites.

I have to take mom to a 9 am doctor appointment tomorrow - so I'll be holding off breakfast until I get home. Any time I eat it triggers the digestive tract to start moving and I don't want to have an urgent need for a bathroom while I driving the 20 miles to get her. I think I'll take a couple of anti-diarrhea pills before bed tonight.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Bacon, guacamole, can you do spiced nuts, kale chips, Brussels sprout chips. Check out Nom Nom.
    Female 53

I'm not a huge fan of guacamole --- but if I make the shakes on the Virgin diet - it has 1/2 an avocado in it - so there is some good added fat!

Yes, going to Nom Nom and several others.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Okay, you must not have had good guac!
    Female 53