Page 355 of 580 FirstFirst ... 255305345353354355356357365405455 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,550 of 5800

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 355

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Block of cream cheese, block of butter, a bit of honey or maple, vanilla, mixed all together and formed into little balls (some people pipe them to look like Meringues). Refrigerate or freeze. Eat at will.

I coat mine in unsweetened coconut. It makes them easier to handle. Maple gives them a nice flavor that honey doesn't provide. They are VERY rich, but oh so good.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    Holy cow those sound delish!!! You could roll them in ground pecans...or ground dk choco...oh the possibilities!!! Must try this soon!!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Ground pecans??? Dreamy!

tomi is offline Senior Member
    CREAM CHEESE CLOUDS - Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes

Here ya go. You can play with it and make it all kinds of good! I add unsweetened dark chocolate - YUMMO! My only suggestion would be to go with honey instead of the fake sugars. I used stevia in this batch and I hate the artificial sweetener taste.

I'm trying to stay VLC so I opted for the stevia with this batch. I wish there was a carb free version of real honey
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

OH -- next batch is getting some real maple syrup instead of stevia - and skip the chocolate.

I'm giving dark chocolate another try............ the experiment is not going well. I eat it and my tummy hurts. Me and chocolate just don't get along. That makes me very sad. I think the dark chocolate clouds are going to have to go in the trash.......... what a disappointment. and I won't be buying anymore dark chocolate bars. How depressing.......

Todays numbers:

Total calories: 1340
    Carbs: 22%
    Fat: 47%
    Protein: 31%

Chicken breast
    2 clouds
    3 squares of chocolate
    BAS w/chicken and bacon bits
    Kombucha
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

I'm sorry you and chocolate don't get along... I can't imagine a life without chocolate.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Tomi, you might try recipes that use cocoa powder and make some treats that way, instead of chocolate bars. Chocolate bars give me stomach pain & sometimes diarrhea, but cocoa powder doesn't give me any problems.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    Well this has been interesting about the chocolate...I have noticed that when I have eaten dark chocolate I get a stomach ache. Even if it's only a small amount, like 2 squares. Borderline diarrhea too! I just chalked it up to it maybe being to "rich". Or something I had eaten prior. Duh! But hadn't noticed it when I drink a cup of hot chocolate or even a once in a blue moon candy bar. So what is in the dk chocolate that does that?

Amazing the things we learn!!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Some people say its the fiber content.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I made the cream cheese clouds with Hershey's Special Dark baking cocoa powder. But I got the 72% dark chocolate bar at the same time and have nibbled on them both. Maybe its the chocolate that's causing issues - not the cocoa?

So........... the past 3 days I have had the pain and diarrhea again. What the hell? I've been 8 weeks with normal once a day BMs - and now this. What has changed? The only different in my diet has been more salads. So - I guess I'm going to cut those and see if it makes a difference. Damn it!

Its not the rum, cookies or the corn chips cuz I had those here and there over the past 8 weeks. I haven't had any cookies since Sunday. The diarrhea started again on Tuesday. Maybe too much fiber from the salad? That's the only thing I have added back into my diet that has been absent over the past 8 weeks. We started eating salad on Friday nights 3 weeks ago, then I decided to make one Monday and last night also. Tuesday, Wednesday and today I have been sick. The salad has to be causing it. How can something so good for you be so bad for you? Doesn't make sense - but I'm cutting the salad. I also noticed over the passed 8 weeks that when I made roasted veggies and ate a big portion I would have a looser bm the next day.

Here's another thought........ what if it isn't the salad or the veggies - but the dressing? What if its the commercial dressing???? What if its the SOY???? Over the past 8 weeks I used very little dressing. But I would use it when I ate roasted veggies.

OKAY! New experiment............. cutting all products with soy. Salad dressings, DARK CHOCOLATE BARS!, the protein shake mix, HOLY COW!!!! Could it be as simple as a soy sensitivity?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation