Page 352 of 523 FirstFirst ... 252302342350351352353354362402452 ... LastLast
Results 3,511 to 3,520 of 5222

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 352

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    breakfast 3 eggs fried in a TB of butter - yummy! Nothing like buttery eggs in the morning.

I'm at work now, and drinking my bottle of booch. Dinner tonight is rump roast cooked in the crock pot yesterday, and misc vegetables roasted in the oven. (note to self: stop at store and buy veggies). I'm feeling a bit hungry, its just 2 pm. I will buy some cream cheese and chocolate and make some cream cheese fat bombs tonight.

I'm thinking about working back into the leptin reset protocol. Will see how I do in the next month at 1600 calories. If that is working well and I'm not gaining then I will try to do a breakfast heavy protein load.

I'm 2 years into this primal thing and still trying to figure it all out. I want to be HEALTHY - but there are still a few things I'm not willing to give up. I need to do some soul searching and figure out why. Pro's and con's you know?

My paycheck should be pretty good this month even though I missed a couple days last month while on vacation.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Are you able to handle dairy now with the kombucha?
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

nope - still lactose intolerant. Well, I'm assuming this......... I haven't actually tested it. I have an EXTREME reaction to milk without taking a lactaid so I don't really want to see what happens. Even a TB of milk will send me into a gastric disaster! I can eat butter and cheese and cream cheese just fine........ but not milk.

Edit: I may have to reassess my tolerance of butter - after breakfast I had a tummy ache and a total flush out of the old pipes! EEEESH...... Maybe I need to have a pill with butter now too? dang it.
    Last edited by tomi; 11-07-2013 at 11:22 AM.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

Tomorrow is mom day. She needs to get fasting blood work done so that means I have to be there early so she can get her blood work done and then get some breakfast. She's still eating way too much junk food I the way of ice cream, cakes and cookies - but damn it all she's losing weight! UGH!

I have a haircut at 2:30 so that means I have to hang around town until the afternoon. I'm going to tell BIL to call me if he has a no show or a cancellation earlier in the day.

complaining........ sorry - feeling a bit down I guess.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    Seems like we are both kinda in the same "funk" tomi. Hang in there...we'll get thru it. May take us awhile tho...but it'll be ok.
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I hope Mom Day was ok today.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

yes - sorta in a funk.

Got my estrogen cream yesterday so this is day 1. Hope it makes a difference.

I've been making bad choices in food and drink - that's all I'm gonna say about that. I have to find my way back to the straight and narrow. Feeling bad about it.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

Thinking about freedoms today......... thank you to the soldiers who have helped to keep our country free.

On that note I'm thinking about the freedoms and liberties I take in my personal life - my tiny little world. I have been taking too many liberties with my diet. Time to reel in the lines and tighten up the rules. Time to reexamine the reasons I choose to live the PB life.

1. Eating by the rules of the PB keeps the fibro at bay
    2. Moving according the rules of PB helps me feel stronger and more energetic.
    3. In theory --- eating and moving primally will get me to my weight and fitness goals.

I've been taking little vacations from the PB. Eating cookies and drinking rum/diet coke on the weekends. Munching on Juanita's corn chips. Okay............. those are my only diversions. Unless you count the smoked salmon that hubby makes by brining in apple juice and brown sugar. Tastes like fish candy

I'm going to attempt a WHOLE/PURE/STRAIGHT approach again. I'm not saying whole30 -- but using those principles just the same. There is no denying the fact that those people who have found great success in meeting their goals are the ones who found the path and have stayed on the path for the long haul. Its like walking through a garden and every so often there is a beautifully painted sign that reads "Please stay on the path" .............. I need to have those all over my life! When I veer off the path I get tangled in briar bushes and thickets. Staying on the path leads to the goal - and gets me there quicker and easier.

So - today I'm starting over, starting fresh.

My weight today is 190.

I had 3 eggs and 1 thick slice of bacon for breakfast.
    I took all my supplements.
    I'm drinking a bottle of Passionberry Bliss kombucha.
    Dinner will be a salad w/salmon.

and now I'm going to get ready for work.

After work I will do a workout - either walk for 2 miles on the treadmill or do a 40 minute Barre3.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    Yay tomi! I'm glad to see you are feeling better! I am to & have been doing lots of thinking the last week...I have a plan I'm going to follow...& I will talk about it later in my journal...that I hope will help me get over this hump.

I've been eating things I know I shouldn't too...dorito's...& some of the homemade goodies that I've been making. Which is not AS bad as the store bought processed crap...but not good for me just the same, because of the wheat. Personally I needed a break from the "insanity", of my own making of course. The kicker?? I'm only up 2 pounds! Actually was down one day!! Is that weird or what!!

Time to put all that behind me & psyic (spelling?) myself up to start anew!!

It's a new dawn & a new day!! Grok on!!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Tomi, in looking at what you are eating today, will that be enough? I am not saying that you are doing this but it is way too easy to fall back into the CW "eat less to weigh less" way of thinking. When I do that my weight goes nowhere or up.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.