Page 351 of 608 FirstFirst ... 251301341349350351352353361401451 ... LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,510 of 6079

Thread: Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story page 351

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Live and learn. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. And all that stuff... Hopefully he can sell the house quickly.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

tomi is offline Senior Member
    That's right Jenn, he gave it a try - didn't have a very good experience and is ready to move forward. I'm so proud of him because of the way he's handled things. He's been very careful to do things legally and respectfully, even though his "renters" have not been so mature and kind about it all. And he's been careful to protect himself along the way by not pissing anyone off and having them retaliate. As it is, as kind as he was to the exotic dancer, even protecting her from her abusive ex-bf -- she still stole some things when she moved out, and left a mess for him to clean up. I'll be so happy when he's out of that house and all this is just a bad memory and a lesson learned. I'd like to see him in a newer house in a better part of town.

I'm working on getting my mind in the right place again. Eating clean and keeping it on the low end of the caloric needs, and getting lots of movement is the only way I'm going to reach my goals. Michelle Matangi @ Primal Journey on FB has been a real inspiration to me. She's now doing videos on Youtube and sharing her experience and information. I like her because she is very real -- I feel like we'd be friends if we weren't in different parts of the world. She makes it sound so basic and simple. Her journey was VLC in the way of no starchy veggies, but lots of low glycemic veggies, and then a good balance of meat and healthy fat. She never talks about exercise, but I'm sure she had to do some type of movement. I have been off balance for a couple months -- sorta in that "whatever, nothing works anyway" place. I don't like that place. I'm still not really sure what caused the 10 pound gain. I was eating a lot of cashews at that time - and then I started on the hormones. I just need to get and keep my head in the right place. I'm getting pretty good at keeping my trigger foods out of the house. Nuts are an absolute no-no, as well as chocolate in any way/shape/form. Honestly my biggest hurdle has ALWAYS been mindless snacking - or eating out of boredom. The couple times I've done the "eat when your body is truly hungry" thing I've done pretty good. I guess I've always been a "grazer" But its hard to graze on healthy stuff - unless you always have lots of fruits and veggies at the ready. I don't eat much fruit - except in the summer I will eat melons, but they don't agree with me so much. I don't like raw veggies so that won't work. I've yet to find an affordable and good tasting jerky. I just need to get out of the snacking/grazing mindset. There is nothing wrong with just eating meals and nothing in between.

I made 3 eggs fried in butter at 8 am just cuz my tummy was really grumbling this morning. Normally I don't eat until about 11 am. I'll take a bottle of Kombucha to work with me - that is always enough to get me through the afternoon. But when I get home from work at about 5:00 pm I want something to eat --- and I know dinner won't be until at least 7:00 when hubby gets home. Last night dinner was at 9:00 pm cuz he had bible study. Our dinner is never before 7:00 pm. So - what do I when I get home from work? I've been reaching for the corn chips. I don't pig out - I just nibble - but that's the kind of thing I want to stop doing. Any suggestions?

As for movement.......... I've got the treadmill now - plus I got 3 Barre3 DVDs - and I have the jumprope. My shoulders are keeping me from doing a lot right now. I've decided to wait until after I find out what is happening with our health insurance before I pursue treatment or even a diagnosis. I'm not sure that my current plan will even pay for x-rays or an MRI. Hubby is having a root canal to the tune of $2000 so I need to be careful with money right now. Anyway -- movement is sorta restricted to the treadmill, careful jump roping, and Barre3 that does not require overhead arm movement and absolutely no bodyweight on the arms.

The pain in my right shoulder does not seem to be getting better - so I'm beginning to think it is more than just bursitis. It hurts all the time, even when I'm laying in bed, flat on my back. It grinds and pops and does not move smoothly in the joint socket. So - I think I have either rotator cuff issues or calcium deposits. One article I read said that high levels of vitamin D supplements can contribute to calcification of joints. I have been taking 8000 IU/day for a couple years because I have always been deficient. The last time doc checked my blood she said my vit D was really good and to keep doing what I'm doing. I will need to do some more research on the connection between vitamin d and calcium build up.

Seeing doc today. Well woman exam, schedule the yearly mammogram, get new Rx for progesterone and estrogen cream and request an increase in my Armour (maybe). No night sweats since starting the hormones - but no libido yet either. Its only been a month - and I've only used the estrogen patch about 3/4 of the month because the darn patches won't stay on more than 2-3 days at a time. GRRR.

Okay............ blabbed enough for one day.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

You take a calcium supplement too don't you? I remember something about calcium supplements from Whole9 about how they don't form the bone mesh like researchers once thought, so it doesn't help with bone strength, and actually forms uneven deposits on bones and in joints and blood vessels (causing heart attacks and strokes for some). Maybe the calcium supplement plus the Vitamin D increase the uptake of the vitamin C and caused deposits in the shoulder? *shrug* I'm no doctor, but it seems possible. I hope it's nothing serious and/or can be taken care of quickly. FIL had two torn rotator cuffs (both shoulders) and had surgery to correct both. He's a brand new man now.

Yes, I take 500 mg of Calcium daily. I'm almost out and when they are gone I won't be replacing them. I'm going to be re-assessing my supplements over the winter. I'm going to drop the Calcium and Glucosamine. I'll stick with a daily multiple vitamin/mineral supplement, a super B complex and the D3. Plus a probiotic, DHEA, and Black Cohosh. I'm hoping to avoid surgery - our current insurance has a $5000 deductible for surgical procedures.

Course with Obama-care our current plan may not be available after the "change" takes affect. We haven't been notified yet -- but we're hearing horror stories from our friends that their current policy is being discontinued and the options available are going to cost them so much that this new "affordable healthcare act" is anything but affordable.

I don't like to get political on social media - so that's all I'm going to say about that.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Its a totally Pooh Bear day here in the Willamette Valley -- I wish I could just stay home all day.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    That's odd that you haven't been notified yet about your plan for next year. Most people I've spoken to know by now! I hope you get news soon and that it is good news.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

My plan is only going up $6 for the entire family. Benefits are unchanged. It's currently $136 (biweekly) for the family benefits package with pretty decent co-pays/deductibles for 2013. 2014 rates are $142 (biweekly) for family, with same coverages. Brad's changed drastically - doubled in price and co-pays/deductibles increased, while benefits decreased - of course, the company is blaming Obamacare as the reason - I think they're using it as justification to rip us off before the law goes into effect and they can't raise their prices anymore.

We're moving the whole family to my plan starting November 11. Both insurance companies are BCBS.

I'm not sure how it all works - but I've heard some policies will be cancelled because they don't meet the criteria for coverage as mandated by Obama-care. Other policies are being changed (adding coverage) to meet the criteria, and obviously the added coverage results in increased premiums. Co-ops and large corporations have the upper hand in negotiating with the insurance companies. The office I work at is a part of a Physicians co-op - the rates are only going up 2%. My neighbors who by individual coverage because they are self employed had their rates increase by about 300%.

I need to call our insurance broker and see whats happening.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    It is fantastic that the kombucha cleared up your digestive issues so well. Seems incredible that such a small thing could have such a big impact. Are you telling your doctor, so it is something they could suggest to others?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Well - I am also taking a potent probiotic. So the combo of the 2 have fixed my tummy issues! I have a very normal daily BM - and absolutely no more pain in the gut! Tomi's a happy girl. Sadly I forgot to tell the doctor when I saw her yesterday. However, she told me a long time ago to take a good probiotic and eat fermented foods........a probiotic alone was not enough, and even now if I skip the kombucha for more than a day the pain and diarrhea come back. Live and learn. Its my medicine

Okay......... as seen in Jenn's journal - I have been challenged to UP my calories to about 1650/day for weight loss. To do this I will be adding in more fat.

I'm going to attempt going strict primal again, meaning 100% ........ I've been dabbling in too many non-primal foods lately. I had baked beans on Monday, and a giant peanut butter cookie from Safeway yesterday. Last night my feet were hurting horribly. I told hubby I felt like I had a migraine in my feet. So - time to knock it off. EAT REAL FOOD = stay pain free.

When I stopped eating carbs during my FODMAPS experiment I got those annoying little rough bumps on the backs of my upper arms again. Since eating carbs again my skin is smooth and silky soft.

I've rearranged my room so I now have a tv/dvd set up for doing Barre3 and for watching stuff while I'm walking on the treadmill. My 30 minutes in the treadmill flew by this morning as I watched old Bugs Bunny cartoons on the DVD! YEAH! I'm doing the programmable settings so its does an auto incline every 60 seconds. UP - DOWN - UP - UP - UP - DOWN - UP - DOWN. Its a 20 minute program, then I just turn it back on and do 10 minutes more. I have it set at 2.5 mph. My short legs don't go much faster without getting my heart rate too high I'd like to get to the point where I can do short jogs. I've considered doing a couch to 5K training thing.......... we'll see.

Better get moving with my day.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation